DPS Queue is a joke

whether they do it intentionally or not I do not know. I am sure they have good intentions. But I’ve seen enough stylosa’s and jayne’s videos to realize that they also have a number of wrong ideas. Players should never limit themselves to one kind of playstyle/comp being the acceptable one. its sad and unfortunate but an inevitable result when you have a very large audience and you are trying to give “universal” tips

if you want a lesson on “breaking the mould” may want to look at Chengdu hunters

stylosa, yes i can understand he doesn’t know as much about the game as he thinks he does but jayne literally does know way more than you or i do he coached team canada and goes super in depth with his analysis on the game.

if you really want to understand the game then watch how the best teams do things. these are the people who routinely BREAK the meta.

like fuel did for may melee. when everyone was playing mccree.

like clockwork vendetta did. when everyone played 3-3.

like dragons did with ball instead of winston

etc

never follow a meta . especially not on ladder

I trust Stylosa more than Jayne. Come at me.

Oh them IS fighting words.

1 Like

Its not the number of tanks, paladins has 12 and people still play damage

thats not a problem…it is a fairly general assessment of the preferences of the OW customer base

your customers wants are never a problem - rather, they are an opportunity

most companies strive to provide what the customer wants

an ice cream company, for example, knows to make far more chocolate ice cream than coconut ice cream. they dont make the same amount of each and make those who prefer chocolate wait to buy.

They dont give coupons to those who buy a half gallon of coconut ice cream that allows those buyers to “jump ahead in the line” to buy a half gallon of chocolate ice cream earlier than other buyers

a well run company works to deliver what its customers want

4 Likes

If only Jeff realized how ice cream companies actually worked, we might not be in this mess…

1 Like

well, a product is a product is a product…customers want 6 of x to every 1 of y, and the companies trying to serve those customers should attempt to deliver 6 x for every 1 y

whether that be ice cream flavors or character slots in a team shooty shooty game

2 Likes

Right, so, since you have make more chocolate ice cream, and you customers KEEP ASKING for non awful strawberry, you ignore them and make more chocolate?

When you see that say… you change the recipe for a particular icecream and you get a massive revolt from your customers, you just sit there and say “this is fine?”

4 Likes

It’s a problem when they keep making x while making very little for y to the point where people pick x instead because x has so many. Also doesn’t help that most of the y they do make is terrible. Actually now that I think of it, half the x they do make is also terrible.

5 Likes

That’s why they made crossplay. It could be worst, I spent over half an hour trying to find a No Limits arcade match then had to play customs or another game. (From a player in Australia that plays when everyone’s asleep)

It’s pretty sad that the devs have introduced the entire Priority Pass system and loosened the overall matchmaking (dunno if they have reverted this specific change though in the meantime) and yet DPS queue times haven’t been improved compared to when RQ was first released…

All because they refused to balance the already very fundamentally problematic, DPS - leaning roster of this game, the otherwise very beneficial overall RQ has been unfairly overshadowed…

And now, we’re going 5v5 and I think everyone can agree that the long DPS queue times are one of the main reasons for this drastic change.

If they would delete one of them it would be openQ and that would be the point where I uninstall OW … not gonna queue 15min each match and than have a good game every 4-5 matches.

No joke, sometimes it actually tells you that “Your ticket was not used, because the queue time was longer than expected” something like that.

But don’t worry! 5v5 is coming soon with OW2 in the hand… in 2069

1 Like

The reality is there is no solution. As long as a lot of people including me admittedly only want to play dps, que times will be long. There is no solution, 5v5 won’t fix it, having 3 dps again won’t fix it, dps ques will NEVER be fixed

Role Queue has hurt many things in the game. Queue times being one of the Major ones.

It killed true flexing.

It took team cooperation to a minimum non-impactful level.

It made game play far more stale. You always know how many of each role there is going to be so it is far easier to prepare for it.

It made some maps terrible due to certain comps that worked for it not being available.

It further encouraged one tricking rather hero swap.

The list goes on. But yeah, anti-role queue players warned that queue times would be unsolvable once implemented as no matter how much incentive you offer to play other roles people will still just play the role they like. Tank and Support will never be the majority in that regard.

People want to just shoot things.

3 Likes

Who told you that? Queue times are not a thing to be “fixed” in itself. You can’t fix something that isn’t broken. People like to play DPS so they queue DPS. That’s how it is. It’s not a bug…

1 Like

I agree with all of what you said except for this part

if it was as simple as people just want to shoot things then all you would have to do is make more tank heroes that shoot stuff

D.Va/Ball/Hog shoot stuff

it just feels like a massive oversimplification of things to me

people enjoy Overwatch because it’s totally different in that regard and you have all kinds of interesting abilities that aren’t just shooting

The best part of DPS queue is that waiting 10 minutes to get a match only to get a leaver that cancel your game.

1 Like