DPS pros with insanely high sensitivity/edpi

Haksal, 25k edpi on widow/ashe. 30 in game sens on both.

Shadowburn, 10k edpi. Genji main, but also plays hanzo.

Anyone know anymore?

1 Like

The fact that 10k eDPI is high, and then the fact that haksal plays at a 2.5x higher eDPI is nuts

Doing more than acknowledging their sens exists is silly. Pros are pros because theyā€™re freaks and what works for them works because theyā€™re freaks.

I know right? But check this out. I found a guy even higher than Haksal

Chro, 72.5k edpi. Playing widow against top 10 widow.

Can you imagine how many 360s he can do with just one arm swing? At least 5.

I used to play at 35,000ā€¦

Also, Chro plays at 72,500 eDPI and is consistently GM/Occasionally Top500 so thereā€™s that!

Also Chros keybinding in general are weird

At least?

It only takes him 3/4ths of an inch to do a full 360 turn :slight_smile:

Geguriā€™s eDPI is 14,400

Thereā€™s a t500 DPS named ā€˜Onetapmanā€™ who is consistently a top Soldier/McCree who plays with 23,320 eDPI.

1 Like

Is there anyone else whose even clpse to Chros sens though?

I am no professional player, but I use 15 sensitivity and 2k DPI

1 Like

10k is high but not insanely high, reasonable sensitivities lie between 2000 and 10000 edpi iā€™d say

So far weā€™ve got

Chro. 72.5k edpi top 500 junkrat.

Geguri, owl pro, 14.4k edpi tank player. Tracking is so good on zarya that she was accused of aim botting. (which she later proved wasnā€™t true)

Haksal, owl pro, 25k edpi. Plays tracer, genji, hanzo, widow, and ashe.

Onetapman, top 500 mcree/soldier player with 23k edpi.

Shadowburn, owl pro, 10k edpi hanzo, genji, pharah, widow.

Anyone else? Preferably someone that plays aim intensive heroes.

1 Like

His sens is just crazy. Why would you want to be able to do like 5 360s from moving your mouse from one side of your mouse pad to the other?

Iā€™d say anything over 8k is on the high side. However, it completely depends on the heroes youā€™re playing. Main tanks might play better with high DPIs, whereas most hitscan DPS will want to be 4k or under.

Shadowburn at 3:25 head shotting everyone with widow, at 10k edpi.

SDB isnā€™t a Widow player, and you took a random clip of him getting headshots at an indeterminable sensitivity. I donā€™t want to strawman here, but it seems like youā€™re insinuating that because he happened to make a play one time at what was potentially high DPI, playing with high DPI on Widow is equal to or better than playing on lower DPI. Meanwhile, every other actual Widow player in the pro scene plays significantly lower because itā€™s far more consistent and provides easier accuracy.

SDB plays with high sens because heā€™s a projectile DPS main, and heā€™s best known for his Genji and Pharah. Both of those tend to require higher DPI in order to play well (often around of 10k). Whether he uses such a high DPI for other heroes, especially hitscan heroes, is information I do not have.

ā€œWhether he uses such a high DPI for other heroes, especially hitscan heroes, is information I do not have.ā€

Genjis right click is hitscan.

Haksal mains genji and tracer. Tracer is hitscan. 25k edpi

Geguri is known for her insane zarya tracking, which is hitscan. And she is 14k edpi.

ā€œMeanwhile, every other actual Widow player in the pro scene plays significantly lower because itā€™s far more consistent and provides easier accuracyā€

They donā€™t. Pine plays at 7.5k edpi.

And Gleevac, one of the top 5 console widows, was playing widow at 9600 edpi when he switched to pc. with 35 scoped sens.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what to say about this one. I assume you mean that when youā€™re in range to use it, the travel time is negligible? In which case Iā€™ll say, at that range, you need to be able to very quickly turn around, which is only easily done with high sens. For Genji, itā€™s incredibly important to be able to make consistent 180Ā° turns, which is incredibly strenuous at lower sensitivities.

I canā€™t remember the last time Iā€™ve ever seen Haksal on Tracer. He mains Genji, Pharah, and Brigitte primarily. Either way, thereā€™s been huge debating over Tracer for the longest time whether you should use high sens or low. With high sens, you can make easier 180Ā° turns to trip up your target. However, lower sens advocates will assert that itā€™s easier to track your targets in compensation for not being able to make those turns. She still functions at close range, similar to Genji, so being able to track onto heroes at point blank is one of the better reasons to use high DPI with her.

This oneā€™s extremely similar to the Tracer situation. However, Zaryaā€™s beam isnā€™t hitscan. Hitscan weapons are raycasts (if you happen to know how 3D computing works you can skip this), which means that they shoot a one-dimensional line out until it collides with a hitbox. Zaryaā€™s primary fire is actually a cylinder hitbox, which grants more leeway when aiming. Additionally, it has a much closer range, so like Tracer or Genji, youā€™ll usually be tracking close targets. This means that you need to make quick and large turns that canā€™t be done with very low DPS. Itā€™s also nice to be able to easily flick to the general direction of an ally to provide bubble. As Iā€™ve stated broadly but will now summarize, high sens is for quick acquisition and low sens is for consistency.

Pine is one of the few individuals who has a hitscan DPI on the higher side in the pro scene. However, itā€™s in no way ā€œinsanely high.ā€ The quote of mine is just hyperbole. Iā€™m obviously not saying that literally every single OWL hitscan player plays at or below 4k. Such a claim would be ridiculous and Iā€™m surprised I needed to point out my use of a rhetorical device here.

Iā€™ve never heard of this player. I tried to search for them, but the best I found was some low plat Widow player.

Youā€™re not going to be able to wiggle your way out of this one. We have seen shadowburn playing hanzo, one of the most aim intensive heroes in the game, for 3 years now, at 10k edpi.

So I take it that youā€™ve agreed with everything Iā€™ve said? Iā€™m personally not a fan of red herrings in place of actual refutes.

I donā€™t agree. You are trying to wiggle your way out of the fact that t500 and pro players have incredibly amazing aim with super high sens, by saying itā€™s just because they play projectile or tank. Shadowburn plays one of the most aim intensive heroes in the game. Onetapman is a t500 soldier/mcree with 23k edpi. Zarya requires amazing aim. Tracer requires amazing aim. We have haksal up above on ashe, with gold elims, at 25k edpi.

1 Like

Iā€™d like you to find where I stated the opposite of literally any of these. Once again I donā€™t want to strawman, but it seems like youā€™re attempting to say that low DPI for mid to long range hitscan heroes is not inheritely better because a couple people manage to make high sens work for them. That would be known as the argumentative fallacy ā€œhasty generalizationā€ in case you were curious or did not know. I would like to know exactly what your point is, because you donā€™t really seem to be disagreeing with anything Iā€™ve said in particular. You stated that you donā€™t agree, but didnā€™t say what you donā€™t agree with or why.