DPS is now for the rich and the kids only

yes ignore the fact that people cant play half the game

3 Likes

I have a job, definitely not rich and i have no family. Having a family is your choice and not everything has to be family friendly. With that being said i know nurses who go home and play WoW 2 hrs every night and raid for 6hrs on sunday every week and they have families.

Personally i like to read and benefit from my local head shop during dps queue. Excluding the big boost in playtime for me with the initial release of 2-2-2 i doubt i can do more than 2 or 3 dps q in a row. I cant just sit there like that, so know that i do sympathize. I just think you approached it wrong

1 Like

Why is that not a solution.
You want quick games as a dps.

What do you want them to change exactly?

6 Likes

QP is the game’s main mode, nothing more or less. People got the “it’s just QP” idea themselves.

I don’t disagree, and they seem to have plans. but in typical Blizz fashion they are taking years to do anything

You can’t earn achievements on QPC, and there is a lot of obnoxious people that are playing for the lulz on purpose to “prove” that QPC is trash.

The latter will fix itself over time, because this will stop being funny and those trolls will go back pestering the main mode. But the former is a big bummer, especially if you are not an achievement hunter, and just want to earn them naturally.

Looks like blizzard tries to add achievement to QPC as well.

2 Likes

You picked the most popular role. Waiting is the cost of admission.

In what game that has role que do people not have to wait for dps??

You put yourself in that que. Don’t cry because the line is longer.

2 Likes

Okay, so you as a person with a job, off work, family and more, somehow have higher priority, than people that got more time to spend ? It is exactly cause you both have equal priority, that you both have to wait.

Do you also get to jump in line at the store or bank as well, depending on how “Busy” your life is ?

In general i think this should suffice to see, just how beyond <70 IQ this post is…

3 Likes

meanwhile almost every moba player ever can, and they’re certainly not all rich or kids.

1 Like

If you’re desperate for fun and a quick win, then go to Quickplay Classic.
I mean that’s what Arcade is there for. I have my own priorities too; but I’m not gonna throw and force someone to lose a game because you can’t learn to play roles. I’m a casual player as well, but at least I try to take other’s play time into consideration. It was implemented for the Competitive-casual player in mind. But if you’re so into winning for fun as DPS, go to Quickplay Classic.

1 Like

Also, I’m poor as hell and I’m a full-grown adult.
I just wanna have fun but I can’t exactly have that solo Tanking or solo Support; having to babysit DPS or people like you when I’m having trying to learn a new playstyle and have fun.

3 Likes

I love how you both strawman and insult someones IQ (ironically, I might add) in the same post.

Forums in a nutshell, folks.

1 Like

Yeah I work and go to college I don’t have unlimited free time like some ppl lol. This update made me put the game down. I can’t wait 7 minutes (minimum) to get into each and every match for dps.

Where do people keep coming up with these 10+ minute queues for QP? The longest I’ve ever waited for a queue has been 5 minutes in QP. Sure, competitive can push 7-10 minutes sometimes if I’m playing during off hours but definitely not QP.

I’m literally in the same position you described, and it only takes 3-4 minutes for to find a DPS in QP. Not sure where you’re located, but I’m on the West coast, and have never waited 14 minutes for a match ever.

I believe they did explain

but a better counter argument would be

“there’s always arcade”

a large portion of the community has always taken QP to be a comp training ground

forcing people into arcade who just want to chill and have fun is a good thing imo

3 Likes

Then they have to wait because there is 5x as many of then as there are tanks. It’s not rocket science.
2-2-2 dps queue is better than 10 consecutive games with crappy comps.

Cheese comp is 222; Orisa Hog Mercy Baptiste Bastion Torb or Torb Sym.

But you also get players wwho can play the roles they sign up for. Add them to your friends list and weed out the bad ones yourself

Where currently, every DPS player is complaining of a 15ish min queue

OW is a team game, first and foremost. You can’t be unsocial in a team game.

Did you?

The point of LFG was to look for players to play with. To introduce you to other players so that you could make friends among them. YOu’ll get trash players in LFG, but you’ll get good players too. Friend the good players and play with them.

Then play arcade or the other modes? While I do sympathize to an extent, it seems more like your exaggerating when you say " For the Rich and Kids only"

I am not the one unaware of what a strawman argument is, throwing it around like it just fits.