Double shield happened because of Sigma

so you want another shield nerf ? guess than nobody wants to play barriertank anymore or in general tank bcs its lame. Even today since the allround shield nerf, shields just melts away and forces you to play more around corners or play more aggressive. DPS powercreep actually ripping apart any tanks with ease and even more since shields got nerfed hard.

1 Like

wdym, last seen in owl, being double shield still.

Orisa Sigma?

If so that’s pretty sad.

It’s true however all barriers in the game are better being lowered. The problem is they also nerfed several other aspects of Orisa and Sig. They both should have their offensive nerfs reverted.

but now they considered Ashe as meta too :upside_down_face:

No, I want a giant shield buff.
As well as about 14% more firepower for barrier tanks.
But lower barriertank hp, and a weaker fortify/grasp.

I got a lot more details over here:

✅ Fixing BarrierTanks and OffTanks

They’re both the problem, a sigma with a zarya was fine an orisa with a hog was fine a sigma and orisa together was bad, they are the problem together the only solution would be reworking one to not be synergistic with the other

double shield problems? try triple shield breaker! bastion, hog, and junkrat all going ham on the shields.

Sigma’s damage is basically the only thing keeping people at bay. He’d be way too easy to rush down if he wasn’t threatening.

I think we just needed another shield tank that can provide barriers and shoot at the same time.

It was only Orisa, so it didn’t really matter what tank as long as they can shield and deal damage at the same time.

She couldn’t do that with Rein cause he does one thing at the time.

Sod all that, all we need is to buff Orisa’s shield and nerf fortify.

Done. Bunker exists, but it’s very map dependant and perfectly counterable.

1 Like

I think you’re kind of ignoring the existential threat of barriertank unpopularity (I.e. Queue times), in favor of just focusing on barriertank balance.

Just balancing the status quo a bit, isn’t going to fundamentally increase their popularity.

Orisa’s halt was the most annoying thing in her kit not the barrier

I don’t care to address queue times with a simple balance tweak to Orisa.

1 Like

I don’t think a bandaid fix is appropriate if you are hemorrhaging players due to a related bigger issue.

Like getting your arm chopped off, then putting a smileyface bandaid on it, isn’t good enough.

It’s not a bandaid, it’s a fix to Orisa.

Another problem, another solution.

I kinda see queue times, and barriertank unpopularity as almost exactly the same issue.

I think the issue is more that barriers are so versatile. Anything without one just feels way less effective.

I’m not trying to fix the unpopularity of barrier tanks either, just trying to make Orisa a bit more balanced and create diverging different comps available for play at ladder level.

Yeah tbh Sigma threw balance out the window with his bloated kit.

I put his release higher on the “messed the game balance over” list - even above Brigitte - because he actually forced a meta in every, single, rank after his release. Brigitte didn’t even do that.