Double d.Vas damage against Barriers

It really isn’t important, 8-10 heroes are always going to take +90% of the hero picks in Masters/GM or OWL, after the meta is “solved”.

Acting like it’s realistic to convince them to use a wider variety of heroes on a regular basis, is naive.

What high tier needs isn’t balance.

What they need is a ban system equivalent that doesn’t have the downsides of the old system.

1 Like

D.va is really strong (both OWL and ladder-wise) and why do barriers need to be powered down further?

Plenty of other games seem to accomplish this just fine. The main reason OW doesn’t is because counterplay is too soft, such that the strongest comp doesn’t really lose to anything else at the same skill level in high-level play.

I don’t care about how Tanks would be OP in an Open Queue context.

Furthermore, acting like deliberately not fixing queue times won’t lose any players, is really dangerous thinking.

I’m not talking about Open Queue. Your ideas have historically just been making each an every tank completely broken in an effort to appeal to the role and get more people to pick it.

I probably should work on and graphics for these ban systems.

Dva could definitely benefit from something that helps her against barrier spam. The whole rein/zarya thing is getting tiresome. I would suggest letting her booster slam insta-break mei wall as well.

1 Like

The reason I keep taking what you’re describing is Open Queue balancing is because that style of balancing is based on trying (and failing) to avoid too many Tanks on a team from being the dominant strategy.

The way I see it, if they aren’t looking to convert a sizable amount of DPS players into Tank players I.e. “Balancing towards equal popularity between roles”, then they aren’t fixing queue times.

And the amount of people who would quit over abandoning Open Queue style balancing, is tiny compared to:

• Bad queue times
  • Bad matchmaker
  • Continuing to lose tank players, which loses the player and makes the problem worse
  • Bad DPS player retention
  • Bad streamer retention.

But really, the idea that “Fixing queue times would lose some players” and “Not fixing queue times won’t lose players”, is irresponsible, dangerous, and your choice of lying or blinding ignorance.

The roles are never going to have anything close to equal popularity.

I also disagree with this statement. While they are indeed balancing around role queue, you do need to at least be considerate of not completely destroying the other modes in the game. Remember, QPC and open queue comp are not the only other modes in the game. You also have a variety of arcade modes and in OW2 we’ll have PvE where overpowered tanks will just completely ruin the experience for players. This is not by any stretch of the imagination a small chunk of players.

Also the queue times for most people really aren’t that bad. Especially in mid ranks for anyone not in some geographically isolated regions, they are quite within reason. Most people aren’t going to quit because they can’t get 1 minute queue times.

You can call it “irresponsible, dangerous, and your choice of lying or blinding ignorance” but realistically I think you’re just blowing the issue well out out of proportion.

1 Like

The only way this can be balanced is if the bubble health was reduced. Right now it has more health than Orisa’s barrier, when it’s mainly just supposed to be used to protect himself, while Orisa has to protect her entire team with a sheet of tissue paper.

1 Like

I mean, I got that too.

I mean sure i guess but…why?

Honestly it makes a lot more sense for Orisa to do bonus damage to barriers than D.Va. Give her like +50% barrier damage with her gun, then nerf her fortify. End result; she counters brawl comps more heavily and is in turn weak to dive.

Do you have any data to back up the claim of D.Va being strong on ladder? For every rank her pickrates and winrates are moderate to low.

If D.Va is really strong, then Rein and Zarya are blatantly overpowered.

2 Likes

There is a website called overwatchleague com that has some statistics for the league and puts D.va at the highest overall usage rate. I’m not sure how accurate it is

D.va doesn’t need any buffs

3 Likes

Third most picked in GM, that already puts her above most of the tank cast.

Consistent presence in both Europe and America leaderboard.

Rein Zarya is just easier, more accessible, and both nerfed recently enough that their rates are adjusting still.

And even when one consider Dva pick rates across all ranks, she’s still 4th most picked, which at worse means she’s fine.

1 Like

Your funny, very funny.

1 Like

is it possible that as a result of you liking Dva due to your name and her being your most played hero, you might be biased toward the hero and want her to be good into literally every comp and in every situation as well as being able to 1v6? So that current Dva, though very strong, is not enough for you?

Just a thought/possibility.

To be fair, d.va is a strong pick right now.

But to the OP, please no to this change. The last thing we need is more barrier busting. Majority of shields except reins already are borderline paper today.

2 Likes