Doomfist is still too strong

Did a previous post about how the upcoming nerfs to him were abysmal, and these last 2 days of the update have proven that.

Now don’t get me wrong, it is barely 2 days into this new patch so more time will tell, but doom is still a must pick, which is something that should never be the case in the game. Doomfist is still too strong and has too much survivability. He is still in every single game due to how strong he is. Literally go through any regions damage top 500, and you’ll see 9/10 players most played will be Doom, and that will not change with his current state.

The nerfs that we needed were cooldown nerfs. Nerf his cooldowns and Doomfist players will have to be more sensible with how they dive and actually get punished accordingly due to poor decision making.
All this current nerf does is take barely any shield off him to notice a difference (he still gets 75 shield per target hit with his ultimate btw) and make his rocket punch not even half a second longer.
The rocket punch change was a good idea, i would have rather Blizzard nerf the impact damage instead but its a step in the right direction.

If I can play Doomfist with no prior experience this season and get a few games off grandmaster, then that character is not in a healthy state for the game.

2 Likes

Gotta gut Widow and Hanzo first.

1 Like

Widow does need some changes i’ll agree on that. Her one shot capability like Hanzo’s need to be tuned in some way. Hanzo in my opinion is in a better state for the game than Widow. If the opposing team has a good Widow, only a better widow truly counters that, where with Hanzo it is more easy to counter.

I honestly disagree, though I’ll be honest here and say that I haven’t played against an actual good Doomfist so far but I think that was the point of the nerfs… good Doomfists will still be great at bringing value but bad ones are going to be punished far easier

and I have only found the bad ones in my games so far, so much so that they end up switching

uhhh it’s been 2 days and the stats include more than a month of pre-patch player stats.

bother to read a word further and you’d understand the sentence as a whole

I don’t think Widow should be gutted, but she should have a cooldown mechanism of sorts to slow the rate of effective kill-potential shots she gets within a relatively short amount of time.

Welp, stil any game i try to play agains humans is with doomfist on other side killing me. So i say nerfs been failure, time to play paladins again until he will be nerfed enaught so i will not play agains him every match.

I guess my loot farming if it gona happend gona be junkerstain revenge only

1 Like