Doomfist is becoming slower

I am pretty excited for the mobile Port. Being able to play overwatch on the go? And in bed? Yes please!

They have not officially; OTOH, all the signs point directly towards a mobile game version, and the best way to do this was first institute Crossplay. The next is retrograde your game in the direction and style of mobile game which they are doing. The mobile market so utterly dwarfs PC/Console its ridiculous…

Try this: https://www.dexerto.com/overwatch/blizzard-reportedly-planned-to-release-overwatch-mobile-alongside-overwatch-2-1537070/

People still suggesting this, this far down the development timeline?

The decision has already been made and it makes no commercial sense to split the playerbase.

This is a pipe dream

2 Likes

Well they will never (nor would anyone want) to play for long a static version of OW 1 with no new characters or content…

1 Like

I would be perfectly content with no content. Just remove the algorithmic handicapping from competitive and make some minor quality-of-life improvements here n there and overwatch 1 will be perfect.

You might be, but you don’t represent 95% of the playerbase…

1 Like

You can do that on switch, but you have an actual controller and the screen is bigger.

1 Like

So let us 5% continue to enjoy the old game not sure how it can harm the new one.

You can use a controller with mobile and you can get tablet devices with bigger screen than a Nintendo switch. Nintendo switch is locked at 30fps and it struggles to even keep up with that which makes it quite a frustrating experience. Furthermore there is no data connection with Nintendo switch.

To use your own argument against you if the mobile market is potentially so much bigger then doesn’t it make sense to cater to them?

I suggested it a year ago.

I elaborate on the arguments both for and against here. Overall I believe the pros outweigh the cons:

Overwatch is a PvP game. The PvE missions in 2 will be supplemental, at it’s core it will still be PvP.

If a hero is incredibly unhealthy and ruins the fun for everyone who isn’t playing him in said PvP, he needs to be changed. If said hero’s kit is EXTREMELY held back by hard counters, and is only balanced because of said hard counters, he needs to be changed.

There is no “keep OW and OW2 separate just so he can exist in his current form.” Reworks are meant to keep the game in a good place and ensure heroes are healthy. Yeah, it sucks that you lose a character you enjoy. However, it’s a necessity. It happens in other PvP games and needs to be done.

This is why only 10 of us play OW on switch…

Hes also gaining health and a new ability

The point of a rework is that he wont play that same as he does now

1 Like

I understand that and I’m excited to try out the new doom fist. But I still want to be able to experience the old one as well and go back and forth freely.

It’s true that he is a very oppressive character but at the same time that’s part of why he’s fun is being such a menace. He was designed to be a bully character. So lowering his lethality and his speed takes away from that quite a bit.

at least I do hope that they keep his speed overall ability to traverse back from spawn to the fight the same even if his burst speed is lowered.

They would need to put him in alignment with the likes of winston or d.va mobility wise. Do expect larger cooldowns in between. But the actual distance he travels with each ability should be about the same.

I think “Less Spazzy” will end up being a more apt description for whatever he ends up like in the end.

Not sure how this is “against me”; I am telling you they are catering to the mobile market in the design of OW 2…

I got the impression that you think they shouldn’t do this.

That litteraly works with every single one… and even the smallest patch… :sweat_smile:

Waiting for mass rezz mercy revive protests.
Or the pre brig crowd
Gotta add the glorious lvl 3 turret (rip)
You get the point :slight_smile:

6v6 would be the only reason besides the heroes…
But then role lock and hero limits where a thing once, which yes are technically in the game (no limits comp is missing)
Therefore the argument you make is ok, but we both know it won’t happen.

I also rather have more updates on one game than two maybe not getting enough.

That said it would be a shame not having some historical things in arcade
(like i just imagined a patch cycling arcade or other old ow shennanigans)

I think it’s dumbing down the game; from a strictly business perspective it makes sense; from a player who likes a complex game, I am opposed. If all we do is make games for the simplistic “Plants vs. Zombie” crowd we will have nothing that is actually good to play.

Isn’t Dumbfist going to be op anyway with cc getting removed? The impression I got from the live stream is that he’s over performing in his new role.