Doomfist doesn't stunlock

He doesn’t stun lock, he crowd controls you, and it’s incredibly infuriating to play against.

Also I love playing healer against the doomfist that comes out of nowhere and I can do absolutely nothing because he kills me too fast.

Yes doomfist main, the game is fine and doomfist doesn’t need changes.

12 Likes

It’s a tf2 term for what airblast used to do (used to work like the slam). Don’t take it literally, it’s just gaming slang.

3 Likes

We don’t say he stunlocks. We say he CC’s, which is exponentially worse.

People dont say he stunlocks you, they say he CCs you, which he does. His elbowdrop and uppercut both remove your ability to even move. If youre hit with one of these moves as pharah, you literally cant move in the air no matter how long or hard you try, you have to land to reset it. If you get hit as brig you can try to shieldbash midair to get outta the way but you stay in place. It’s so frustrating

A helpful guide to this post:

Join us next week for “Zenyatta isn’t shooting you, because he’s throwing orbs, not using a gun.”

10 Likes

You*

Not “we”

The term “stunlock” literally comes up in nearly every doomfist thread.

Seriously- do a search. It’s pretty impressive.

I have seismic slammed behind a Ana plenty of times and she would turn 180 and sleep me almost instantly before I can kill her. So no, maybe your reactions just isn’t fast enough.

1 Like

This was with 10 seconds of looking.

Stunlock is used a LOT to describe what doomfist does.

Dude that was a bug and it’s fixed

I’m sure you like getting one shot by Widow or Hanzo and you have no chance to react to that.

You’re 100% right about that

2 Likes

LEAVE DOOMFIST ALONE OR YOU SMELL BaD

4 Likes

You don’t need the actual word “stunned” to be on the screen to be locked into a position where you can’t control your character.

Rocket Punch, y’know, the 4 second move with 7m minimum range? Yeah, that can actually inflict stun. So he gets Uppercut, that kills momentum (no normal movement escapes). Seismic Uppercut that kills momentum (like Uppercut) but pulls you towards Doomfist. And of course Rocket Punch, which is an actual stun.

Yes. The dude does stun lock. Utilizing an actual stun and things that put you in a helpless state. It’s not about the CC. It’s about being in an instantly helpless state. I mean, look at Mei. She can put you into a helpless state but she has to work for it and be 10m or closer with a floaty/slow “projectile” freezy blast. Even though she had to work for it and was/still is mediocre, she was infuriating to fight against. Now imagine the same frustration, except it’s instant (no channeling required) and he can actually kill you faster overall… Then escape 22m away with a fully charged Rocket Punch if he saved it (he can kill 200hp Heroes with Seismic -> shoot + cancel into Uppercut -> shoot).

1 Like

Hi, supp main here: Doomfist was garbage from about July to May-June onwards this year. He was riddled with bugs, his abilities were busted (in the unplayable way) and he was literally a throw pick.

I firmly believe he has the same status as Genji (when he dominated) and Brig - nobody likes combos.

No, he doesn’t stunlock and he doesn’t make his enemies helpless unless it’s Zen. There’s plenty of abilities that get you out of slam and uppercut or stop it.

1 Like

Being outplayed but then saying its unfun and not fair. oof i rather not

I love how people are arguing he does. He doesn’t. He does. He doesn’t. No one is saying he stun locks! He CCs! No he stun locks!

It’s fun. But I digress-

He juggles you. He does not stun lock you.

If you want to colloquially say he stun locks you- go for it. You’re welcome to be wrong all you’d like.

But He doesn’t stun lock you. Sure he pulls you this way and pushes you that way and juggles you around.

But stun lock? Genuine stun lock?

No.

1 Like

Ironically speaking only one hero has 2 stuns. Reinhardt charge and Earthshatter and yet nobodies ever complains about him

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it CC if DF exposes himself right on your face to shoot him.

Semantics.
I don’t have a huuuge issue with Doomfish, since he can indeed be countered.
He’s still incredibly annoying and makes my 130 hours on Ana worthless the moment I try to move up with the team. I don’t think it’s healthy for the game to have such incredibly hard counters to other heroes when most counters can be played around.

NiceSemantics :wink: