Dont listen to genji players

Thank you. Finally someone sees how ridiculous that thing is. It’s mobility that does damage, can travel in any direction and he gets a free reset even from tickling enemies. What sense does that make? Not from getting kills, just random assist, which means he can just swoosh down the whole enemy team during his ult, especially with nano (and Genji one-tricks get super mad when they don’t get the nano). Either have reset be on actual kill or tirgger every 2-3 kills.

Oh, and yeah, he can reverse enemy ults. No, no, no, not “remove” them like D.Va or Sigma, I mean turn enemy ult into his team’s ult. That grav or blizzard you got? Genji says it’s his now.

2 Likes

They are scraping some CCs not hero defining abilities. Having too many CCs is unhealthy for the game.

If double jump is actually a balancing problem then yeah it would be nerfed, but I doubt it. It’s kind of amazing how some of you have the strength of double jump on a pedestal.

3 Likes

If you flinged it directly into Genji’s face, you literally asked for it. You know what the ability does, so why the hell are you doing something stupid like that?

Completely counter-intuitive to how the ability is supposed to function and counter-intuitive to the game’s vision.

Want Genji to have to wipe a team to escape? Give him the lethality to wipe a team. And oh no way in hell would you want that.

Plenty of mobility abilities do damage.

3 Likes

It’s baffling how people still think double jump is anything beyond mediocre.

I laugh whenever I see a Genji double jumping as any other hero since it just means I get free shots on him as he’s coming down.

Any time I’m Hanzo and a Genji double jumps in front of me, it literally just means they’re gonna die.

1 Like

A 4+ year old statement.

Imagine thinking humans have an incapability to change their minds.

If he really disliked it that much it’ d be scrapped.

Dude I’m in plat and double jump is a freaking joke. I literally want the enemy Genji to double jump because it means I get free shots.

I can take someone with by least average accuracy and teach them to counter double jump in under 15 minutes. It really is not strong.

Removing or altering how it works would cause the hero to feel a lot more clunky.

I know they’re doing drastic changes to CC, but the only hypermobility that’s actually going to be a problem is the extraordinarily unpredictable or extraordinarily lethal, which is why they mentioned Doom, Tracer, Ball but not Genji.

1 Like

Fair.

I’m also…you know, not of the mindset that it’s too strong. I went over why it’s not lol I just think if they regretted giving him that before, they remove it and add something else in its place.

1 Like

Fair enough, though one thing with this:

The statement made is over 4 years old, they had plenty of time to do so if it was truly an issue.

The more likely scenario is that Goodman changed his mind, since with every other statement he said before he eventually changed the hero:

He said he regretted adding brig the way he did and gave her several nerfs

Said he regretted Hanzo’s arrow speed and reverted that

etc etc.

Chances are, Overwatch was in its first few months, he didn’t know how it was going to play out after people got used to it, after a while he saw that it wasn’t any form of major issue, so he left it as is.

The problem is Genji doesn’t need buffs, other characters need nerfs. Genji will get played a lot if CC gets toned down as well.

3 Likes

That’s also another thing, most of us would be perfectly fine if Blizzard just nerfed all the strong heroes down to his level.

Reason being why we ask for buffs is that its a lot likelier for blizzard to bring 1 hero up than 5+ heroes down.

Finally a thread that addresses the issue. Prepare all genji mains to pounce. Last time Genji was buffed, it was Genjiwatch. The summer of 2019. Just a few buffs he became dominant.

2 Likes

Correction: When Genji was buffed 5 times over with no compensation nerf in ultimate charge. Was also Summer 2020

1 Like

I’m crying in my 5 widow nerfs since January 2019. See my tears, they’re crying. Oh right! we got a widow buff recently; have to point that out just incase you do.

Um, what? Has nothing to do with the post.

The point is, you can overbuff any hero very easily if its done wrong.

Genji can get something like 29 damage shurikens in his current state without causing another Genji meta.

If you take small steps to reach a good state rather than just slap 5 buffs on him at once, you’ll get a good balance for the hero.

1 Like

If you believe that, you believe that blizzard knows how to balance.

:rofl:

Even if you are right, which I do agree with you. Blizzard is incapable of balancing this game.

Hm.

That’s weird. That’s…not a nerf. :thinking:

Blizzard is bad at balancing. I think we can all agree on it lmao

1 Like

Never said they did, I’m just saying Genji can get buffs as long as it’s done the right way.

Do got a point though, still can’t believe they heard everyone complaining about Baptiste, then just nerfed Exo Boots of all things.

1 Like

You’re very welcome, friend. :heart:

1 Like

My bad. I meant buff not nerf. I was mentioning that.

That makes a lot more sense then lol.

Yeah Blizzard’s balance is take one step forward, then take 9 steps back.

They make one good change, then compensate by making multiple changes that leave people from all ranks and backgrounds raise their eyebrows.

Funny how they barely learn from their mistakes if at all too.

How did it seriously not click with them that giving Genji a bunch of damage buffs at once was gonna skyrocket his ult charge through the roof?

4 Likes