Don't like private profiles?

You could ask what they’re capable of playing?

1 Like

And what, talk to people?

Disgusting.

3 Likes

You’re asking someone who is already clearly bad at communicating to try and communicate to other humans.

This is the anonymous internet, you should know better

1 Like

I thought Jeff literally used this as an example of a valid reason to use LFG. If you want a group that only has public profiles, go for it. That is the purpose of the LFG. To find like-minded players and customize your experience or whatever. They are not going to view that as a protest even if literally every group did it.

3 Likes

That sounds like a blessing and a curse to me.

yes, discriminate against the people who use the default. that will show everyone that profiles should be public.

bring more toxicity to overwatch :smiley:

1 Like

I was told I needed to work on my faith in humanity… don’t destroy what little I’m attempting to have ;n;

I honestly can’t tell if you’re serious or not with this.

I’m just making a terrible joke, lol

But you right tho D:

Right, that’s kind of the point. So if people feel better hiding their profiles, and want to avoid being type-cast into roles they don’t want to play every time, then let them do that. If you’re that paranoid about it, just don’t group with people who have it set as private.

Simple solution is simple.

3 Likes

You’re well within your rights to do that. Obviously the people who use LFG and private profile aren’t going to join that group then.

I mean, putting restrictions on who and what you want in your team is kind the whole point of the LFG system…

It’s going to take people a while to get used to the fact they now have options.

I think we can write this person off as a troll. It seems clear that they just want to segregate everyone who’s has their profile set to private (which is by default), just to feel good about themselves and spread toxicity…

This whole thing is such a non-issue it’s laughable.

All the resources are now in the game to play however you want.

Everyone talking about shaming those with private profiles needs to take a step back and look at themselves. You’re bringing nothing to this community and you’re hiding behind a flimsy defense of profiles providing you with some sort of “advantage”.

I post on an alt account to avoid having anything come back around to my main account. people false report and flag on the forums a lot. ive nothing to hide, just don’t want to put my main at risk.

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!:

watch it bro.

5 Likes

Encouraging teamwork by actively kicking anyone who has their profile set to private out of your groups, (which is set that way by default, so you’re basically going to kick out the majority of people in your games), and “rioting” which is essentially being toxic and also against the TOS.

Hmmm, yes, this is certainly the best way to unite the community.

/s

3 Likes

Right, I just don’t understand the ANGER that is coming from this. Like, private profiles wouldn’t even be happening right now if people weren’t using it as leverage against other players to be justify being jerks to them.

“What the heck. You’re a Reinhardt main. Go play Reinhardt, not Pharah.”

People don’t want to be harassed, and I understand that people will still be harassed either way, but the point I’m making is this only became an option BECAUSE players were tired of being locked into a hero or role by teammates flaming them.

1 Like

“Guys im upset that I can’t flame people for not playing their mains anymore and wanting to expand their hero pool”.

Yeah no.

3 Likes

and having fun is what a game is about. if you feel like giving up enjoyment is the price for winning then winning is honestly not worth it. you can win without playing an optimal comp.