Don't like private profiles?

let’s protest this addition to the game by creating groups in the new group finder and only allow people with public profiles to join, example “quick play group, private profile = kick”

3 Likes

yes! protest! start a riot!

4 Likes

That’s some weak protest.

12 Likes

yeah but what else can we do about it? i’m sorry you’re ashamed of your 1992 SR. :frowning:

4 Likes

This is ironic coming from someone who currently has their profile set to private.

Alt account?

15 Likes

yes, my alt account, the one i use to post on forums.

Exposed

9 Likes

So why isn’t your alt account public then? Better yet, why do you need an alt account to post on forums?

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

20 Likes

Lmao. Rank shaming in a thread you made as a protest to the new system, while posting on an alt with a hidden profile.

You are the perfect example on why Blizzard had to do this change.

27 Likes

I don’t mind the whole private profile thing too much, but I want there to be an option to make your profile public only to people who also have their own profile public.

What if they’re just embarrassed by their (1992) SR or somethin? >.>

1 Like

First rule of “protest”

1. Don’t be a hypocrite. If you hate private profiles, don’t set your profile to private. It really weakens your overall “message” lol.
7 Likes

So what? Don’t make posts about “Private profiles are stupid!” but then have a private profile, lol. Practice what you preach sort of thing, ya know?

5 Likes

tracer wave
“See ya!”

Well yes, of course… they’re the one’s that mentioned someone might be ashamed of their rank…

Ahhh, you mean your “troll” account.

1 Like

The only reason I don’t like it is it’s enabled by default and prevents APIs from pulling player information. So now when someone says “But X has a Y pickrate!” you can say “of people that have public profiles”. I don’t like the obscuring of information…

“Let’s riot in the streets! Down with private profiles!”

Oh hey, mind if I take a look at your profile?

“Uh sure but this is my alt account”

Oh so you’re hiding your real profile?

“Yeah”

So in other words… You’re maintaining privacy (and advocating for it by doing so) even though you are fighting against it?

“Uhhhh…”

Okay cool. Seems legit. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s why it’s ironic.

You get over it and stop being a child