Don't like private profiles?

You’re well within your rights to do that. Obviously the people who use LFG and private profile aren’t going to join that group then.

I mean, putting restrictions on who and what you want in your team is kind the whole point of the LFG system…

It’s going to take people a while to get used to the fact they now have options.

I think we can write this person off as a troll. It seems clear that they just want to segregate everyone who’s has their profile set to private (which is by default), just to feel good about themselves and spread toxicity…

This whole thing is such a non-issue it’s laughable.

All the resources are now in the game to play however you want.

Everyone talking about shaming those with private profiles needs to take a step back and look at themselves. You’re bringing nothing to this community and you’re hiding behind a flimsy defense of profiles providing you with some sort of “advantage”.

I post on an alt account to avoid having anything come back around to my main account. people false report and flag on the forums a lot. ive nothing to hide, just don’t want to put my main at risk.

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!:

watch it bro.

5 Likes

Encouraging teamwork by actively kicking anyone who has their profile set to private out of your groups, (which is set that way by default, so you’re basically going to kick out the majority of people in your games), and “rioting” which is essentially being toxic and also against the TOS.

Hmmm, yes, this is certainly the best way to unite the community.

/s

3 Likes

Right, I just don’t understand the ANGER that is coming from this. Like, private profiles wouldn’t even be happening right now if people weren’t using it as leverage against other players to be justify being jerks to them.

“What the heck. You’re a Reinhardt main. Go play Reinhardt, not Pharah.”

People don’t want to be harassed, and I understand that people will still be harassed either way, but the point I’m making is this only became an option BECAUSE players were tired of being locked into a hero or role by teammates flaming them.

1 Like

“Guys im upset that I can’t flame people for not playing their mains anymore and wanting to expand their hero pool”.

Yeah no.

3 Likes

and having fun is what a game is about. if you feel like giving up enjoyment is the price for winning then winning is honestly not worth it. you can win without playing an optimal comp.

No, I understand THAT reasoning behind it. I was just pointing out how hypocritical it was to make a post about how much they hate private profiles, but they were actively using a private profile, lol.

a boycott is not a protest. boycott would be saying “everyone who doesn’t like private profiles just stop playing till they change it”

a protest is this. different things.

I think you should only be able to post on the forums with your main account.

see wut I did there?

1 Like

Ya and I totally get that. I’m sure people will feel one way or the other. Me personally? I say it’s a curse. My reason is this. We come here (mostly) to theorycraft, discuss the state of the game, and propose change based on what we know. The problem is opinion over fact, and now we have NO facts. Those sites like Overbuff were our ONLY source of concrete indisputable information. You can argue why Mercy’s pickrate is what it is, but you can’t argue the pickrate itself, thats a fact. Now we have no facts :frowning:

Who knows, maybe they don’t want us knowing that stuff so we’re really not sure how insane certain heroes are because now it’ll just be observations. Most likely it’ll lead to rank shaming too like “how can you even comment on what happens at GM, you arent a GM” when before we could review the data and make an informed comment.

I dunno, I see it as a loss.

At the end of the day, the “protest” is for a very, very stupid reason. Something that people already have control over. Don’t like private profiles? Ok, don’t group up in LFG with people with private profiles…

People are acting like we had control before, when we didn’t. We have more control NOW than ever. I couldn’t choose that I just got paired with 5 DPS mains. And even if I could or could not see their profiles it would not have changed the outcome of the game because they were going to play what they were comfortable with regardless.

1 Like

They really need to start pushing stats, especially averages like overbuff and others had, public. It’s disappointing that the only ‘real time’ info we had was skewed so badly because you had to search an account for it to go into the pool.

RIOTS!!!

-Burn some stuff-

Let us stalk!

1 Like

that’s your opinion, I think hiding profiles because people wont man up and say no I’m going to play what I want is a stupid reason to hide profiles, and that’s my opinion.

I like to solo que, I don’t need a group to climb, I’m good enough on my own. the issue is, I cant pick around my team if I don’t know what they play, and before you say “just ask” people lie. People asked for this feature specifically so they could lie and play things they don’t usually play. lots of people on the forums have said “I’m going to make my profile private and just say I’m a widow main even though I play mercy”

you 100% had control before. theres only one person who can select the hero you want to play at the select hero screen, and that’s you. what you have now is the ability to hide what you don’t want seen, not control.

you still cant control that. I can que for tank in you group as a dps main. Just like people could pick tank in a comp game even though they were dps mains.

this was in the game before, now its in the game with the ability to lie and say “oh yeah I’m a hanzo main” all this feature does, is allow people to lie without being called out. Nothing more nothing less. You were never forced to play things before, you just fall to peer pressure. that’s on you.

People are allowed to play whatever they want. It’s really, really dumb to queue up as a tank for LFG and then not tank once you’re in the group. You don’t join a dungeon in WoW as a healer and then switch to DPS right as you go into the dungeon. Your entire team will be wiped. Same concept applies here. It makes no sense to shoot yourself in the foot.

And no, when you solo-queue (especially before) you have no control over what kind of teammates you end up with. At least with LFG I can control and have a say over what kind of teammates I am looking for. If I want to queue with 5 flex teammates, great! I can do that now.

Knowing people’s profiles or not truly doesn’t change anything, and if anything, it just takes away people’s unnecessary need to have paranoid control issues over fellow players. Trust your team. That “Sombra main” on your team may have an Alt account and may actually be a pretty bad-a$$ Widowmaker or Zarya.

putting yourself in que for a certain group doesn’t mean you get those players. how do you know if the person who qued for tank with a hidden profile actually plays tank? It gives you a way to grab people before you que and lock them in that role, but it does not give you guaranteed experience in that role.

I mean essentially with hidden profiles, that’s whats happening in overwatch. “I play healers mainly, but I’m gonna que for dps, even though I don’t play dps”

it does, it means I cant pick synergies with what they are good at.

again nobody but you can pick who you play. nobody is forcing you to click on a hero.

I mean conscidering ive seen people come to the forums in mass and say “I’m going to hide my profile and play x hero even though I don’t know how” I don’t.
having an alt account doesn’t make them good at a hero either. I have an alt account for widow that’s in gold. I’m a masters on my main. does that mean I can play widow in masters? no.