Dont let the new Hanzo's ability headshot :(

Maybe at mid range, but I don’t recall a bow ever being called a sniper rifle.

I HATED Hanzo before this rework. He just felt so… horrible… to play. I played a bit of his rework and had a lot of fun! Scatter arrow is one of the worst designed abilities in the game and I hated how it functioned AS and AGAINST Hanzo. This feels so much nicer and more fluid in his kit. Maybe I’m awful at him, but I didn’t see Storm Arrows as threatening or oppressive while playing or against him in games. I played mostly healers while against him, though.

As a Mercy main, I more than welcome these changes. I didn’t feel oppressed or OP while playing against/as him. I had A LOT of fun playing as him as well, which never used to happen.

He was due for a buff, but had one annoying ability that everyone disliked. Sort of like old Hog, except Hog was actually viable before they change him unlike Hanzo.

You knew that when they changed scatter it was going to be an overall buff to the hero as a whole.

Also, Widow is hitscan, unless they’ve buffed Hanzo’s arrow speed by like 200% she should always beat him at range…

From what I have seen I think the base dmg will be lowered. Skill with the ability should be rewarded I.E. headshots but unloading every arrow into a tank with a big hit box isn’t skilled and needs to be reduced. This was the same problem with scatter arrow but this ability is more consistent.

translation: take off any kind of skill required in this game

4 Likes

Making it so you need to land two or more headshots WITH AN ABILITY to kill a dps isn’t rewarding.

2 Likes

This is a joke right? You gotta be kidding me with these complaints…

1 Like

BAHAHA

Called it.

It’s not even out yet, and there’s already a nerf thread about his new ability.

1 Like

There have been many

Hanzo can’t compete with Widomaker as a sniper.
Hanzo crit accuracy = 6.6%
Widowmaker crit accuracy = 15.4%

1 Like

too* :wink::wink: :wink:

Either that or the new ability should have hitboxes not as large as his normal arrows.

1 Like

Am I the only one that notices or have you noticed too that his arrows seem to have a large hitbox or whatever?

Long story, it had become a meme. Try google “hanzo tree trunks”

His arrows are tiny.

1 Like

Compared to OTHER PROJECTILES. Projectiles all have large hitboxes, but as long as it doesn’t one shot you, no one would’ve complained.

Yea lol, I know they are small, but there’s something odd about it, it’s the physics of the game or something. You’ll notice it eventually depending on what hero you play.

I’ve seen curving arrows that look like they bent into right angles to hit a target and arrows that do no damage upon hit.

I’m happy that Hanzo finally may be buffed into relevancy. But I worry that unloading arrows into big tanks may be a little much, especially with how unattractive most tanks are to play at the moment.

I’m more than willing to wait and see, but I have a gut feeling that they’ve (in typical Blizzard fashion) swung the pendulum a bit far back in the other direction.