Dont let the new Hanzo's ability headshot :(

he shoots 6 arrows faster than McCree’s bullets. its speed is like Ana’s sleep. how can u dodge this? it does 80 dmg and more with a headshot… how can u actually dodge this???
it might be a 60-70% 1 hit ability on a squishy while he can already 1 shot it with a normal headshot.

Hanzo doesnt have to reload, he will shoot the 6 arrows that fast and move to his main arrows and wont stop shooting till you die.
the thing is, they buffed the speed of the normal arrows and now it hits faster, means harder to dodge this.

I think the rework is too much and I hope they will nerf him abit. Hanzo’s main arrows speed was fine.
no reload means, you can shoot non stop, hes able to shoot that fast and also move fast while doing that and now even use his double space ability.
I mean, compare him to Widow, when shes in scope mode shes an easy target for every hero… its easy to punish her and dmg her cause shes almost standing.

how can a Widow fight a Hanzo? he will spam the E ability and she will die to it instantly. lets not talk about the fact that his head’s hitbox is smaller than her.

again, im just trying to think, how would a McCree fight a Hanzo? this new E ability is too fast to deal with, and its even stronger than scatter. 80 dmg per shot on a bodyshot means… 3 of it and you die… but if u headshot so 2 might be enough. I feel like its too powerful.
the ability require aim, but 80% of the players can aim, so Hanzo might be insane and probably make McCree and Widow in a bad spot.

Hanzo is just a better McCree now… he shoot too fast, no need to reload, can climb and double jump and deal tons of dmg while being able to 1 shot 1 kill.

the nerf should be:

1. dont let his E ability headshot, its too op since its too hard to escape it.
  2. make his normal arrows speed as it was before.
    OR
  3. let him reload. make a new animation of Hanzo reloading after shooting 10 arrows. you press R and H Hanzo takes 10 arrows from his back to the bow. (the 10 arrows wont include the arrows of the new E ability he got).
35 Likes

I think they will up the CD to 10 seconds and nerf the damage to 60, but keep the headshots.

11 Likes

Yeah, they really should make it unable to headshot (like Mccree FTH)

Just so that fighting a Hanzo doesn’t result in frantically avoiding several instant death arrows being shot at you (if it hits the head)

2 Likes

they’re obviously gonna nerf him, just need to wait a bit and see just how op this new hanzo is, the rework didn’t happen because scatter was broken (and trust me it is) it happened because he was in a bad spot, you pick hanzo everyone thinks your throwing whether it’s defense or attack, so they’re buffing him, but he’ll likely get some nerfs to his new ability, and possibly to sonic arrow, but i’d rather reduced damage and keep headshots, it’s pretty difficult to land headshots with his arrows, even with a faster speed.

1 Like

How about no. hjjgcyujjhvf

31 Likes

Then the ability becomes utterly pointless
10s to MAYBE do 240 damage? ( It is unlikely he is going to land all 6 shots on 1 target )

And need a minimum of 4 hits to even kill 1 squishy?
Ya no thanks, unless those arrows go through shields.

29 Likes

Hanzo’s that can aim for the head consistently will be a nightmare. I’m sure Blizzard will be watching closely.

5 Likes

give Widow the ability to shot 6 shots without to charge (80 dmg max per shot)… this is how Hanzo’s new ability feels to me. and hes also able to move faster while shes almost standing.

I mean shes a hitscan but still, how many times you died to Mei’s right click? its ow man projectiles made to kill you.

2 Likes

but it takes skill to headshot!

11 Likes

its for sure be useless, because Widow’s Venom Mine ability 1 shots people.

dude, we dont want Hanzo players to relay on an ability… if youre a good Hanzo, use ur main arrows which can 1 shot people dont relay on an ability to 1 shot people.
the dmg of the ability is broken, its speed is insane and its impossible to dodge it… honestly? I prefer scatter.

2 Likes

Sounds to me more like a mccree problem rather than a hanzo problem.

8 Likes

Hanzo has the slowest RoF’s in the game for his basic attack.
Meaning if enemies get close he has to land every shot perfectly or he is dead. A single miss means easily 100 damage is lost if nor more.

His Volley can easily be dodged by high mobility units like Genji and Tracer and anyone beyond 40ms he has to account for travel time.

Don’t compare Hanzo to widow.
Widow is a hitscan that can snipe people from across the map without damage fall off.

Hanzo still has to lead shots and predict. He has still a much higher skill floor than widow.

19 Likes

I called it, I said that they would replace scatter and people would cry abount the new ability. Here we are laughs in I told you so

30 Likes

it takes skill to headshot I agree, but when you spam 6 arrows AROUND the target’s head while the target moving and trying to dodge it… you will hit at least 2 out of 6 on the head. its projectiles, the target’s movement might make him walk into the arrow…
its not like Widow or McCree, they actually need to aim on the head, if they will aim around the target nothing will happen… Hanzo will spam it around the targets head and as it works with his normal arrows it will work with this ability.

well it depends on if you can aim, model size, and target’s movement

for me it looks like a spam machin, watching pro Hanzos with 20% accuracy just because they mostly spam the arrows and get some lucky kills with it.

u dont need to reload so just spam the area with abit of aiming/predicting or whatever.

I dont compare Hanzo to Widow. Widow will always be the easist hero to counter, shes too weak if shes not in a good position. her hook cd is 8 seconds. go look at the mobile heros, what hero has a long mobility ability? no one.

its not like OW maps desined for a sniper, Widow doesnt have those safe positions to be on every point of the map. so sometimes shes a free target. if a Tracer or Genji catch her shes pretty much dead… and ya I had those moments I headshot the Tracer and the Genji… but am I consistant? no… just like every other Widow player.

how do you get rid of a Tracer or a Genji as a Widow? you try to headshot them or at least deal a lot of dmg to them with bodyshots.
how you actually do that? you go scope mode… at this point its 90% easier for the Genji and Tracer to target the Widow.

Hanzo is going to have now an ability which fire 6 arrows without to charge… u will be able to shot around the Tracer non stop while using ur space ability. this is already a better chance to kill tham then it is for the Widow.

and Hanzo can stand highground just like Widow, he can climb and now also use his space ability.
idk about you, but this new rework seems to much and needs a nerf. theres no point of picking McCree anymore. Brigitte is here to counter Tracer.

2 Likes

Meis right click is the side of a barn hanzos arrows are not.

He is fine in ptr. He is a hard hero to play he deserves to be just as strong as Widow quit your bias against Hanzo.

10 Likes

If the ability was worse than his regular arrow, there would be no reason to use it. Also, it’s not a one shot and you should get behind your tank’s shield instead of trying to dodge projectiles.

4 Likes

People want this game to become boring, they have no idea what balance is and they refuse to get out from their selfish bubble and see the bigger picture.

14 Likes

10sec cd or flat 100hp/arrow w/o crits would be fine.