Don't entirely delete OW1, keep Quickplay Classic

Okay, I know they want everyone in QP and Comp to move to OW2 but there is no reason to “delete” ALL of OW1.

Quickplay Classic (QPC) has existed all this time permanently on the Arcade rotation and it’s always been filled. It’s almost too quick to find matches (I was hoping to warm up a bit in deathmatch skirmish) as you don’t need to sort by role or anything, just find 12 players all with a similar ping and join em up.

People who play QPC don’t generally care about all these balance changes in OW2, the meta of an exact number of tanks, supports and DPS heroes being so important don’t matter. The sacrifice of going down to 5 vs 5 aren’t worth it.

So please, I paid for Overwatch and artificially ending it when players are still filling some modes with so many players queue times are almost instant seems wrong.

So when OW2 comes out, please let me keep playing the old Overwatch, just as it is now, no more balance patches, just on the mode that doesn’t compete with OW2’s Competitive Mode nor even Quickplay.

23 Likes

while I’m not a fan of OW 2, mainly because of 5v5 and the new skins (and possibly lore too) it will probably be very unlikely.
Even if there is a 6v6 Classic mode it won’t be the same thanks to 5v5 balance, reworks and new heroes. 2 CTP will be erased and maps redesigned for PVE or a new mode.

I hope Overwatch stays with us. even if it’s just a seperate launcher with QP Classic alone.

8 Likes

I mean Overwatch 1 remains in the launcher and it just launches the game as it is right now.

Just if you try to launch Quickplay or Competitive you’re told this service is no longer operating but can still enter a queue for Quickplay Classic and maybe other game modes and custom games.

If you want to play 5 vs 5 then exit that game and launch Overwatch 2.

2 Likes

I hope there will be, but I suspect Activision won’t be so kind.

1 Like

Yet that is what they did for every single one of the Call of Duty games.

They never artificially shut down any of the old games just to force people to migrate to the sequel.

This is a blizzard thing. That’s what they did with Warcraft 3.

7 Likes

Its only an OW2 thing. The more I look at it maybe it’d have been better if OW2 was just an actual sequel.

2 Likes

“Overwatch 2” should’ve just been a name for the following:

• A 2.0 update for Overwatch PvP
  • A separate PvE game that is bought separately (“Overwatch: Initialized” or something like that)

Pretty much, “Overwatch 2” would just be the name of the next era for the Overwatch franchise, rather than what we have now.

1 Like

Even if it HAS to be, even if you have to shut down the current Comp and Quickplay… just let arcade modes like Quickplay Classic stay.

QPC is my only mode I play and I love it.

8 second queues at all times of day
No pressure or expectations because SR isn’t on the line
People still try hard to win and generally play their mains which makes it competitive

6 Likes

Overwatch 1 will be gone entirely and won’t be playable anymore.
This is the reason why everyone that own ow1 will also be able to access ow2’s PvP for free.

It’s closer to an expension than a new game.

So in other words, exactly what we have now but less convenient.

So a PvP that I paid for and want is being taken away and replaced by a PvP that I don’t want and wouldn’t pay for.

It’s not an expansion, it’s a deletion.

Completely unnecessarily to apply to Quickplay Classic which is not competing with any competitive modes. If you kick people off QPC they won’t move to playing Comp on Overwatch 2.

They’ll just demand a refund.

And QPC is very VERY much like what was originally paid for when the game launched. Everything other than QPC was added later.

3 Likes

I doubt they will get rid of every 6v6 mode like QPC or even 6v6 MH. The reason for this is that every form of play has remained in existence in some form. No Limits, QPC, Role Queue inevitably but as a 6v6 format. Removing options seems ridiculous and silly so I just doubt they will remove any of these. They probably will keep them and the modes will fall into general obscurity over time.

Except that is not how the game works. There is not an OW1 launcher or OW2 launcher as they are the same game. If you play OW1 MP the OW2 patch is just a patch and wishing to keep it is no different than wishing to keep any other balance state in this games history.

But they are too lazy to balance game modes separately so it will not be the same.

2 Likes

People who play QPC or even MH definitely could care less if they’re balanced or not.

mystery heros will always be the best arcade mode for me…
when i have a loosing streak… Mystery hero always come through…
when i just wanna practice random… mystery heros…
its just the best mode… though total mayhem is good for fast arcade lootbox grinding since monke shield spam is so strong and i just have to hol the payload for 30minutes over time and the enemys spirits just break :stuck_out_tongue:

(i legit pulled that off once lolol… i suppose with sigma that is no longer possible though.,…)

It honestly doesn’t even need to be this complex. If they can support having the live balance and having experimental balance at the same time, it should be just as easy as clicking play for experimental.

I’d rather have this, as it allows for the PvP to not be held hostage by the PvE (or vice versa). As if one is delayed in this idea, the other would be unaffected.

Even the lowest tiers of overwatch esports will go to OW2 sadly, so a lot of players are forced to go 5v5.