Don't blame the Mercy Mains Flooding the forums

They nerfed her after saying it’s fine by the way so you are doing exactly what you are telling the mercy main are doing. Grow up and stop hating please :slight_smile: everyone has a favorite characters, the mercy mains too.

I get what you guys mean here, but the money does lie with the league right now. with 100k views almost every game (little more a little less every now and then) and more teams joining with big money…big sponsors around the league etc. It is from a money point of view the good choice to change characters around the pros.

It is the hard truth and it sucks i know, but there is nothing we can do other than to accept and just play or move on like i did 3 weeks ago :slight_smile: Deinstalled it because of it’s problems.

To summon things up Companies are Companies they are neeeever your friend. Their goal is money. Yes there are companies like cd project red which gain their money by acting like our friend…luckly for us, but they are only doing that for the money. Same goes for Blizz and the ow-leauge. It is nothing evil or so. The world just works that way.

If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit!

You are projecting again RDK, we’ve talked about those moments when you project and assume things.

There is no hate. But you should be prepared for someone to disagree with what you say. Not everyone shares the same views as you on Mercy.

Funny. I thought the megathread was closed almost a week ago… You must be referring to the past events and not currently. Otherwise, if you’re flagging threads just because Mercy is in the name, I would suggest not doing that.

Good for you, you realized that your hero was unviable and adapted to it. That’s commendable.

I assume that there are a lot of Mercy mains who are fine as well with current Mercy, as with any hero who’s had nerfs. That’s the problem I have with people making generalizations. There are always exceptions to the rule. Just because you see a handful of threads being made about one hero, doesn’t mean that that equates to the entire playerbase. We tend to narrow or minds on a few threads in quantity without asking ourselves why they exist. And when we are challenged with the “why” aspect of why so many threads exist, we just make assumptions instead of asking those people directly.

You know what I would like to see in these forums? I would like to see someone actually have the balls to make a thread that says “Hey Mercy mains, we know you have a problem with Mercy. Can you explain why?” and actually attempt to understand. In fact, that would go for any hero. Mercy’s just been given a nerf, I think it’s fair for the rest of us to give em a break instead of kicking people when they’re down. I could go on with how many “Nerf Brigitte” threads existed and “Nerf Moira” threads appeared when those heroes were announced, and suddenly people have amnesia and act like they never spammed those threads all over the forums.

You said you don’t understand the point of this thread. I’ve told you it’s point. What are you confused about at this stage?

Are you sure about that? Could you give me a chart of all the mercy threads that have been spammed in the past 2-3 days and give me a consensus that lists all of their topics to come with such a conclusion? I think we’re generalizing a bit here.

Wait… So flooding the forums about your hero being nerfed isn’t okay… But flooding the forums about a hero you hate is fine in your eyes. Is that what I’m getting?

I believe you have missed the point of this thread. Do reread and repeat it to yourself until you understand the discussion and post your findings. Many thanks :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m going to blame them because they’re the ones making threads. Blizzard has stated multiple times they don’t want to revert. Get over it.

2 Likes

All you did was list reasons why people would be upset. You gave no reason as to why I should excuse people spamming topics on things being already actively discussed in pre existing topics.

Being upset does not excuse spam.

Makes sense, yes?

2 Likes

And this is your problem. You believe we don’t understand. We do. We just don’t agree with you, or don’t feel like it’s an important issue.

1 Like

What you see as spam, because it’s something you personally disagree with, does not make it spam for someone else.

In addition. As I said. Don’t blame the Mercy Mains Flooding the forums. Blame the lack of response to all the Feedback in the Mercy Feedback threads and the series of events that surrounded it.

If trolls weren’t flagging the Mercy Feedback Thread itself as “spam”, your “Mercy spam” wouldn’t exist in the forums as they do now. Makes sense, yes?

And that is your problem. You feel like the issue is unimportant, instead of taking the time to understand why they have a problem in the first place. You should try putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. It gives you a whole new perspective on life besides just your own.

What I see as spam is people making thread after thread stating the same thing that is being actively discussed in another thread. Just like how this could’ve been posted in response to one of the other active threads regarding Mercy spam.

Who I blame is irrelevant to me when it comes to this topic.

I have every reason to believe it was disgruntled Mercy mains wanting to spam topics flagging that thread as I have to believe it was anti Mercy trolls. Again, irrelevant.

Two different things my friend. I completely understand why they think it’s a problem. I can still disagree with you.

I would argue you desperately need to do the same. In fact it’s so completely thoughtless and selfish to place your hero and their importance so far above the rest that you demand the devs to make these changes. Your 100% functional top-tier hero isn’t to your liking. Meanwhile bastion has been tied to a chain and dragged behind the car for almost 2 years, Reinhardt’s ult is basically a lottery as to whether or not it works, Roadhog has been turned into the world’s biggest ult battery, and Torb continues to be the laughing stock of troll picks.

But no, Mercy is “unfun” or “valk and rez should switch buttons” or “let me explain for the 1000th time why I believe rez on E is broken.” Please do yourself a favor and put yourself in someone else’s shoes for a change. This game isn’t about Mercy.

4 Likes

I mean, ‘no u’ is charming and all, but it doesn’t make what I said any less accurate.

The devs aren’t listening to mass rez spam because you have been told in no uncertain terms that that is not going to happen, and dreaming up revert ideas and reworks that preserve why Mercy’s old kit didn’t work in the game will pretty much always fall on deaf ears. It’s frustrating to read because I know as long as mass rez dominates the discourse around Mercy nothing will change about the hero. I think it’s best for the game that we all collectively accept that, and I don’t care if me telling you that bluntly makes you upset.

3 Likes

But I would blame people who everyday flood the forums with mercy threads.

Everytime when I open the forums, there are always at leat 2-3 mercy threads.
Also I do see Brigitte, Reaper, Ana and Sombra threads quite a lot too.

This is the reason why devs aren’t even getting their time to see the threads that really needs their attention. For example, Roadhog’s Hook bug related threads.

4 Likes

“This is my opinion, so it must be fact.” What you “see” is irrelevant to the point I was making. Regardless, the fact remains. Just because YOU think something is spam, does not mean that it is A. Actually spam or B. someone else thinks it’s spam. You could get upset about it, but at the end of the day, the threads are still there, so in the very least, we can assume that at this point in time, the mods themselves don’t even see them as spam. So… Not sure what to tell ya.

And that’s a problem. Because that is what this thread is addressing. The people who blame Mercy mains for flooding the forums without understanding why. This thread is to inform such people as to why so many threads exist. It’s pretty clearly stated in the OP, but if you’re just here to essentially say “I don’t care about what Mercy mains think” and continue complaining the same thing about why you don’t understand why Mercy mains flood (when it’s written clearly here). Then you would be doing nothing more than “spamming” as well. Wanting answers when it’s written clearly to you in black and white.

“This is my opinion. So it must be fact. I disagree with your opinion, so it’s irrelevant.”

Do you have any proof on it being due to a Mercy main being disgruntled? Can you list to me ever “disgruntled” Mercy main in the overwatch community that has clearly stated “I am disgruntled” who also in turn, has posted multiple topics with the same exact title and message (the definition of spamming)? If not, then I think it’s safe to assume that you’re just pulling assumptions out of nowhere and hoping that I believe them as fact. Excuse me if I don’t take the bait :stuck_out_tongue:

Um… No I believe it’s the same thing. You are actively choosing not to find these “Mercy issues” as important. You said it yourself

I’ve already stated that that’s the problem. You would need to learn to see the issue through someone else’s point of view to understand why so many threads are popping up in the first place. Otherwise, you shouldn’t be so shocked as to why they exist, nor care enough to be posting in this very forum. If you didn’t care even a little bit about the flooding, you wouldn’t even be here. Yet here you are discussing it with me. #Actuallycares :smirk:

Oh I see that you’re projecting again. You must think that I made this thread because Mercy is my hero. Where ever have I said that? Otherwise, you seem to have some issues against Mercy mains that seem to show themselves up in topics such as these. Would you like to discuss them? You seem to need a friend to talk to about how much problems these “Mercy mains” seem to give you on the daily.

Um… In this instance it actually does. Since you have the same issue as NighthAwk here, I will tell you what I’ve told them. I feel that this will help soothe your mind of the Mercy thoughts that seem to torment you to the point of assuming that everyone who disagrees with you on Mercy is a mercy main. Here you go my friend.

Oh I see that you’re projecting again. You must think that I made this thread because Mercy is my hero. Where ever have I said that? Otherwise, you seem to have some issues against Mercy mains that seem to show themselves up in topics such as these. Would you like to discuss them? You seem to need a friend to talk to about how much problems these “Mercy mains” seem to give you on the daily.

Dude, right? Like it’s been God knows how many months since the rework and now finally we’re getting a healthy amount of consideration and suggestions going on when it comes to Mercy that doesn’t involve some form of Mass Rez. Thank Jeebus.

2 Likes

Fortunately what you see isn’t relevant since Blizzard has already made it clear what spam is to them:
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

Feedback, no matter how many times it’s been elaborated on, is always useful.

2 Likes

I’m not the one that speculated on the cause of the megathread being locked. You did. I simply said I had no reason to believe one over the other.

Miss me with all this. It’s irrelevant.

2 Likes

Then why a megathread in the first place? :thinking:

I know of many people who wants mass rez back and who aren’t Mercy mains.

That doesn’t make their ideas good. And I would tell them the exact same thing I tell you; take the hint and find a new idea. Any amount of feedback that includes Mass Rez as a solution is little more than noise. This should be obvious by now.

Likewise, I’ve spoken to a few Mercy mains on and off this site who I agree with, or am at least sympathetic to their point of view.

My issues begin and end with people who spam derivative ideas that, in my mind, stand directly in the way of actually getting Mercy balanced. Whether or not they play Mercy is irrelevant.

Why are you asking me? Blizzard has a tendency to contradict themselves every now and then. I’m just defining spam based on what Blizzard has already said.

2 Likes

Yeah I won’t argue that. But like I said in what you quoted, “What I see as spam,” I didn’t say what “Blizzard sees as spam.”