Don't blame the Mercy Mains Flooding the forums

Blame the lack of response to all the Feedback in the Mercy Feedback threads and the series of events that surrounded it.

I knew this would happen. It’s happened at least 4-5 times before and apparently people are still acting like this is a new thing… It really isn’t that complicated.

1. Questions about Mercy have been left unanswered.
  2. There was no closure on the future of Mercy during the first stages of her rework besides “a bunch of pros found res unfun to play against, so we changed it” response.
  3. More nerfs were made.
  4. People are still unhappy that their voices have not been heard.
  5. Feedback was given with no response.
  6. Any thread made that offered solutions to the hero was ignored and deleted, or moved to the Feedback thread, which has now gained the derogatory reputation as being “a trash bin.”
  7. This community is filled with a vocal minority of people who express their disdain of Mercy mains with borderline witch-hunts and calling Mercy mains derogatory names (cult members, brainless, etc.) with little to no real punishment. Their threads tend to stay a lot longer as well, encouraging even more toxcicity in the forums.
  8. Youtubers and Twitch streamers regularly spread hate against the hero in social media, furthering an already established “anti-Mercy agenda” that existed since she was given invulnerable res.
  9. The official Mercy Feedback thread gets no official responses, even though the purpose of such a thread was to consider their feedback in the first place. 9 Feedback threads later… Still no response.
  10. The Mercy Feedback thread is constantly flagged by trolls and locked. Not allowing feedback in the first place
  11. There are no subcategories that allow topics to be discussed exclusively on one hero. Thus, only the most popular topics ever make it through to the top of the list. Mercy is extremely popular. Hence, she is always talked about.

I don’t know about you, but if all of that happened to my favorite hero and to me when I try to offer feedback about them, and then have my hero be given a rework that I didn’t even want. I’d at least have some questions to ask… The way Mercy was handled overall has been pretty ridiculous honestly, and I’d be pretty angry too and desperate for a response.

Staying silent apparently gets no results. Hence, people are making their voices heard, and from the looks of it, probably for good reason, since that seems to be the only way to get an idea through to them.

171 Likes

I really want to quit but at the same time I can’t. I just want to love the game. BUT. The company I dreamed of working for completely ignore countless of threads and then one day they just say “oh she is fine, shush” without any explanation, then they just nerf the hero after saying “she is fine” and NOW after all the nerfs and changes, they just remain silent. What are they doing? Did they give up on the game? Do they care only about the money (Exhibit A,B,C: 30$ pass, 15$ all star skins, league tokens hardly obtainable without paying money)? I thought they were a bit more professional. Or maybe they just care about what the pro’s say about the game. Oh ye I think I got it right. Because of such crybabies Mercy has been reworked and then nerfed into the ground, with all the joy from playing her sucked out of her. This is not what we deserved. Pros represent 5% of the community. The game shouldn’t be balanced around them. It should be balanced around THE LADDER. BRONZE TO MASTER. Not just GM/T500 + OWL/Contenders. What blizzard have done is stupid. I hope at the upcoming blizzcon (november if I’m not mistaken) they announce some Mercy changes or something I don’t know. But right know I’m super mad at them. They have increased Overall DPS in the game and at the same time they nerfed the healing of the most consistant healer leading to the total damage creep. New heroes come overpowered, as same as reworks. And some of them don’t even get toned down the right way. They have messed up.

Or should I say HE messed the devs up.

37 Likes

That’s not how that works. When the devs have stated their answer and made their point clear, well, they don’t HAVE to say anything else.

They think she’s fine. No intention of reverting. They have her how they want her in terms of her kit.

What do you want them to say? If the developers say that they are fine with how she is and aren’t changing her with the exception of nerfs, then the Mercy mains will riot even harder.

So yeah, I blame the mercy mains. They have their answer and they don’t like it. And if the developers make it clear once again, the mercy mains will flood because they don’t like the answer.

It’s pretty clear that it will always be that way. It’ll be a flood until they get what they want.

69 Likes

The devs must give a daily reply to the megathread. If the post is unsatisfactory, they must give a second reply addressing any shortcomings. If at any point they change their minds about something, they are also required to give a written apology for lying to them.

9 Likes

You got an answer, didn’t like it, and are now deciding to throw your toys around because of it.

I’m good, thanks.

31 Likes

I’m totally ready for the hate from what I said

3 Likes

I flag Mercy posts because when I see one added to the mega thread and then created a second time and then a third I flag them. Spam aint nice

2 Likes

I think you’re being a bit obtuse. I’m sure if any of the listed events happened to your main and you had questions that were left unanswered, and feedback that was ignored, and the answer you did get didn’t really address your problem, that you would at least feel a bit disappointed.

But I don’t know you personally, so I can’t make that judgment call.

Also generalizing all Mercy mains as “wanting a revert” as a reason to flood isn’t the best way to go about it in my opinion. Sorry, but I’ve certainly seen lots of Mercy players give solutions without “reverting” the hero. So that is subjective opinion.

I’d say, people should try putting themselves in their shoes and they may learn something.

19 Likes

That didn’t take long.

1 Like

I just thought that lmao

Nothing you listed has anything to do with making numerous threads basically saying the exact same thing instead of responding to one of the many active discussions taking place already.

I dont even understand the point of this thread, it could’ve been made as a response to one of the other threads talking about Mercy spam.

Attention seeking it seems.

9 Likes

If you don’t understand the point of this thread. I suggest you repeat it in your head until it makes sense to you.

The post is clear in what it states.

Don’t blame the Mercy Mains Flooding the forums. Blame the lack of response to all the Feedback in the Mercy Feedback threads and the series of events that surrounded it.

11 Likes

That’s why they nerfed her prior to saying that and reverted her healing? Hmm…

16 Likes

As a Sombra main who just recently went through the whole invis duration rework (and was not happy about it), it felt like the devs weren’t listening. But at the same time, I’m not the only one who plays this game and there are millions of other people who want to and now enjoy playing Sombra. I decided to make the best of the situation and continue to do my best and make use of the new features I was given and maximize my success. While I still would’ve preferred the changes to not go through, I’m continuing to do just fine with the new changes and have overall adapted to them instead of constantly opening new threads telling the developers how “unfun sombra now is” or something along those lines.

5 Likes

What does who I personally blame have to do with people making topic after topic and refusing to take part in active discussions about the very thing they are talking about?

5 Likes

A rework or revert. That’s what they want. At least the ones who flood the forums, the point of conversation.

And no, I wouldn’t sit here and flood the forums. I would change my mains or I’d suck it up. McCree sat in F tier for a very long time, and I stuck to it. The majority of my favorite heroes, specifically Genji, is now a very subpar pick due to buffs of counters and back to back addition of hard counters.

Do you see me here constantly whining about it? Nope, I suck it up. At most I reply of my passionate hatred of Brigitte under already made topics.

I didn’t even flood the forums when Roadhog got reworked into a poor confetti cannon and sat in F-Tier for months.

7 Likes

They think her reworked state is fine and better than Mass Rez.

3 Likes

Mercy’s rework objectively caused problems to the game, and Mercy feels less engaging to play for the majority of her playerbase. All of the feedback is completely valid and also completely ignored.

Mercy wasn’t fine for the last 12 months, and we still don’t know if the Moth Meta is over. All of the feedback for how wrong and unfun she was, was ignored in favor for 14 nerfs. All the gripes the entire population of the game are completely valid, and the dev’s answer isn’t sufficient because it doesn’t solve anything.

9 Likes

None of this is wrong; however, they aren’t going to introduce old problems into the game by doing what the vocal minority of Mercy mains on here want. That much has been obvious for months. If their goal was really to hash out ideas to fix Mercy instead of complaining, we would have a plethora of ideas that don’t involve the mechanic that the devs have already identified as degenerative to the game’s health… and yet, here we are. It has only been a year, after all.

And honestly, blaming other people for your actions in general is just weak. Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you (general you) to post dozens of topics saying the same thing about mass Rez. And acting like no other hero has ever been hard done by by Blizzard balancing is laughable. I’d love to have my main be a must pick for a year instead of one of the lowest winrates in the game.

6 Likes

Junkrat understands.

1 Like