Don't believe the win/loss lies:

People in Bronze in bots. If you lose to them, you belong there. It is literally so easy to improve because of the actual skill of those around you. Saying you’re prestige 3 and still Bronze, you belong there.

Git g- nah I’m just kidding. But seriously, you give your team an edge by playing above average. Again, since your still in Bronze, you are clearly not. Improving from “bot” aim and skill to controlled aim and semi-decent skill is not hard.

with all due respect aim is overrated. So many more players in bronze would get out of ithey simply learned to survive

2 Likes

People’s aim in Bronze is so bad that it makes a difference when someone who has ok aim goes against someone with bad aim.

Games are not rigged…

If I played on your account I could skyrocket it to grandmaster within the day.

1 Like

I think most people could rank his account up.

But, since it’s a team game, he can only win 20% of the time…or something.

However, you said your experience is proof that games are rigged. If it was indeed proof, we would have to agree with it. You can’t use your experience to prove a general point, and then when challenged resort to saying its only “my experience.”

If they are winning allot, even as they start to make the games harder and harder…

Yea no it doesn’t. I have 3 accounts each of which started in Gold, each of which I’ve gotten to Diamond. If it ‘locked’ me into place I’d never have left where I was initially placed. It’s so damn easy to climb out of ranks you’re better than, but hard to climb out of ranks your not, I’m a mid Diamond player, I find it hard to hit Master, getting out of Gold/Plat though is the easiest thing in the world. All it is is game sense and mechanics.

Long story short. Consistent Skill>Luck. Everytime. After a long enough time you become the only common denominator between the games you play and your rank.

EDIT

Add me if you want. I’ll show you how easy it is to carry a Bronze game.

1 Like

I played a game on a friends account in Bronze before. It’s ridiculous down there. I played Rein, set myself the rules that I’d never: firestrike, use shield, ult, or swing hammer, the only thing I’d do is CHARGE. By the end of the game I had gold damage and elims and we’d won the game.

The biggest thing holding anyone below Gold back is any sort of game sense.

3 Likes

Honestly, this is the most frustrating thing. You can’t make people do it. :frowning: You can’t. You sit there and watch them die no matter how many good ults or clutch plays you get off. It’s…just…the most aggravating thing and why I just want people of similar skill.

Just play DPS and carry. If you’re better than that rank, like you think you are, you should be able to win the majority of the time, until you start to reach the rank you actually belong at. Hell, play DVA, she’s one of the easiest characters in the entire game to climb with.

2 Likes

That’s pretty inflammatory, dude. Don’t speak down to me, please. You don’t know how well I can or can’t play. Not everyone can be the same skill level; we all know that. But assuming I’m incompetent is rude and uncalled for.

Did I complain about what rank I was? No. Not even once. I simply stated that rates are suspicious and you’ve been trash talking this entire time, completely disregarding anything else outside of your view. Just don’t comment at all if you’re going to be negative like this. At the very least, you’ll save yourself some reports. Thanks.

I noticed you avoided my question earlier. You claim that your experience of winning only 2 out of 10 matches during your placements the last three seasons proves that the matchmaker is rigged. In my experience, I’ve won either 6 or 7 of my 10 placements every season I can remember. If your experience is hard proof, is my experience hard proof of the contrary?

1 Like

Been trying to add more DPS to my repertoire prior to season launch, but the ones I most enjoy aren’t favored right now, sadly. Still working on it, but really not expecting miracles, haha.

If you also get the same wins/losses, then how would that be proof to the contrary? How do you see it? I didn’t say it forces everyone to have x/x, if that’s what you were assuming.

And it’s not that I’m ignoring it. The forums limit the time-frame in which you can reply to things. You can only do so once every 10 minutes or so within the same post. Must be something new. So now I have to combine a lot of responses. Maybe that’s their intent. shrugs

I certainly haven’t had the exact same win rate during placements every season, but it has been positive. You claim that Blizzard locks you into a win rate. You think they’ve forced you to win 20% of your games. Why do you think they do that to you and not to me? And I’d like to think Blizzard didn’t predetermine the outcomes of my games, and that my play contributed to my wins. So is this phenomena exclusive to you or some group of players? If so, why? And how does Blizzard do this? If you want hard proof, you’re going to have to answer questions such as these, and not simply rely on 30 matches you’ve experienced.

Also, your win percentage during your placements has nothing to do with your rank. During placements, only your individual performance matters.

1 Like

They are placing me with people that aren’t where I am. Maybe that’s the whole point of the system? Gives you lowballed people to compare stats. Then same-level for the same to generate a final placement? I don’t know. But if they matter so little, why even have the placements and just place me with the same people around my level to begin with.

I wish I could observe that to be the case, but there doesn’t seem to have been any benefit to having performed well. Placed me lower than I’ve ever been. I’ve already risen above that to where I normally seem to hover. If this was true, I feel like I would have started at or above my season’s end.

range of reasons.
No point to bother with a Skynet fuzzy AI to keep you (or anyone) in a given rank, never mind your current bronze. It’s a pointless complication to a system that needs to do nothing more than look at your MMR and find 11 other players with close to the same number.

Also, as it’s been shown over and over with VOD reviews of every SR tier, silvers play like silvers, masters play like masters. The errors gold makes are errors only golds tend to make being you can’t make them and be say a diamond.
So you PLAY like a Bronze, you just do. VOD review would prove it, putting a better player on your account who just stomped out would prove it. You can get better but right now, you are playing at your level and I’m 99% sure of it.

last and least, the game is making $$$$$$$ for Blizzard and the one thing that would kill the game dead as a door nail is some sort of game fixing scandal for it’s comp mode. It would go from an new ESPN deal to laughing stock of esports. Why would any company risk that, to keep random players in random SR ranges?
Just bored? Just want to see what happens if you don’t let a silver out of silver?

Most of the problems people think they see in the match maker is due to not understanding the math behind it. Win rate and win chance are not the same thing. The rate one has to win to climb is higher than most think and it takes more games to rank up than people really grasp.

So to keep hearing “Nah… it’s not that, it’s fixed!!” gets real old, real fast.

2 Likes

you keep saying that having identical W/L during placements three times in a row is proof of rigged matchmaking, but

a) I have experienced different W/L during placements in different seasons, so why are your matches being rigged and not mine?

and

b) discounting draws, there’s only 11 possible W/L results from placement matches. having identical outcomes is really not weird at all.

Right? Now, if only it would do that instead of pulling whatever low-ballers in that it does.

I still feel like you win so many times in a row and then lose so many times in a row. I’ve seen this in other Comp modes I’ve played in, so this is not an observance unique to OW.

This is fair.

Suuuure and I had a one night stand with Rihanna