Don't believe the win/loss lies:

Hmmmm. Unfortunately personal experience and hard facts are two very different things. You’re opening statement says “I can confirm with hard proof through experience”

That entire sentence contradicts itself my dude…like I said…I’ve been tilted. I’ve dropped hundreds of SR before…and while I’m not saying there are definitely factors that are out of your control, you are the only factor you are able to 100% control…

Hm. How is factually placing 3x with a 2/8 ratio ‘subjective’? This happened. Three times. It wasn’t imagined. It happened. LOL

I noticed the shill of a MM system when in season 9 I had better stats than most gold/plat players, that eliminates the whole bullcrap people like to spew of “git gud”.

This is a team game, you ain’t gonna do well if you get stuck with garbage teammates. I went on a 8 game losing streak today and I’m about done with this joke of a comp.

1 Like

Because making threats and trolling are flag worthy.

I don’t buy it, but okay.

It’s a coincidence that you’ve gotten the same. I’m repeating this for like the 3rd time, I won’t repeat it again. You saying “lies” and “hard proof” is the trolling.

Do you seriously think I’m doubting this? You went 2/8, 2/8, 2/8. You might go 2/8 one hundred more times in a row. Is it likely? Not in the slightest.

What else do you feel? I’m just trying to have a discussion, you don’t know anything about me.

Incoherent? I’m attempting to have a polite discussion here. You are the one who accused me of being “Nzi-Thought Police”. C’mon now. I’m actually interested because I’m responding and doing my best to address everything said. I’m not spreading false information (like you are with your “hard proof” statement and title).

It’s been a pleasure discussing this with you.

That’s what you feel, not what I’ve done. I literally respond in a similar manner to the best of my ability to every post I decide to respond to. You are the first person to call me a “Nzi-Thought Police”, so I’d say that’s on you pal.

You can call me aggressive and what not, surely the forums aren’t for passive people, but I could be much more aggressive, wasn’t trying to be. I was simply calling you out on your clickbaity/troll information since you were the opening post. And if you think that being accused of a “Nzi-Thought Police” and then defending myself is back pedaling, well, I simply don’t agree with you there.

And that’s my whole point. The better you do, this ‘check’ gets implemented where you get heavier teammates in order to ‘prove’ you’re the one worthy to advance, even when stats support it. You’re supposed to carry more since you’re so ‘skilled’. I guess the argument is that this is “justified” with the whole smurf-detector debate? But in reality it should be placing you with similarly skilled players, not worse, shouldn’t it? The majority of the time, however, that’s not at all the case.

1 Like

I get you are frustrated with losing more than winning, but your experience (which is actually more of an opinion), is completely wrong.

For every match played, 6 people win and 6 people lose. Of course there are the very few matches that end in a draw. The bottom line is, if everyone was forced into losses no one could climb.

I’ve said it before, but many people find it hard to understand. Elo (the system Blizzard uses to determine SR) is a closed system. SR only leaves or enters the game when players stop or start playing. Otherwise 6 people lose SR and 6 people gain SR.

Placements on matured accounts will not change your SR very much from the previous season’s ending SR. Just like any group of 10 games, you will gain or lose somewhere around a maximum of 250 SR. Because the matchmaker tries to find fair games, most players will go around 5-5 and start the new season about the same as where they ended.

There is no conspiracy. Blizzard doesn’t care what any of our SR is.

2 Likes

Because it’s your own personal experience. That doesn’t prove anything general about the game. In my own experience, I’ve won more than half of my placement matches nearly every season. Does that prove you wrong?

1 Like

I disagree, mate. I waited to complete the placements before commenting about it, even though it was very clear from play what was going to happen. LOL You can just tell from the first 1.5 min with the way the team works (or doesn’t) what the outcome will be. Placing what I did for 3x consecutively is a hard fact, mate. I’m not talking about brackets or tiers, I’m talking about exact same numbers. That’s suspicious enough the second time. But the third? Yeah, nah. That’s a rigged system.

I’m not sure why people deny that the algorithms are biased. There is so much supporting evidence for it. I wasn’t tilted when I posted. After first starting placements on opening day with 3 straight losses, I stopped. It was clear what was happening. I decided to finish them today and wasn’t surprised at the matchmaking. I expected it because this is what had happened 2x before. And it delivered.

So let’s say I flip a coin 100 times and get heads every time. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

What is the chance the 101st time I flip it will be heads again? Think about it, the system must be rigged since it’s hit heads 100 times in a row, right? Nope. Still 50/50.

2-8 is 20%
And you’ve gone 2/8 for 3 seasons.
6-24
Now tell me, why do you think the system is locking you at 20% winrate?

I understand what you’re saying. I understand what probability is. But the thing I feel like yourself and many others that are so quick to shutdown this topic don’t consider (or possibly ignore because it’s uncomfortable to think about) is that the system exists to match you with others. That means that the system knows about how well someone will perform and groups them accordingly. Placing you with people who consistently underperform is no one’s fault but the MM.

Haha. The only thing that makes discussing this uncomfortable for me is the people with tin foil hats screaming about a conspiracy. :joy::joy::joy:

Let’s thibk about what you’re saying. So the system is rigged against you (and many others apparently), but every game has winners and losers. So the same number that the system is rigged against, it is rigged in favor of??? I don’t think so.

The matchmaker does try to match players of similar skill, but it can not take into account human behavior. Like throwers, trolls, high or tired players, the kid whose mom shut off his internet or anything else. Those anomalies usually negate themselves over time, but that doesn’t mean there still won’t be anomalies.

And lastly, do you really think Blizzard cares about your or anyone’s SR? If so, why?

1 Like

You can have better stats playing against worse players… That doesn’t put you on the level of people that are leagues better than you.

Placement matches are meant to challenge you to see where you belong. If you consistently play with a 20%WR (and are constantly with different teams, team comps, etc) - and you place the same time, after time, …after time… the issue seems to be quite obvious. That is where you belong with your current skills. Not saying your bad, or “GET GUD BRUH!”, but I would recommend taking some time out of your day, record a few games - watch them. See what is going on that you missed while in the game and what you could have done better. If you catch yourself saying “DAMNIT YOU SHOULDA HELPED ME” or something similar, catch yourself, stop, ask again as “What could I have done to better position myself” or “What could i have done to help my teammate with what they were doing”…

The game is not out to get you, I promise. i’ve had a season where i did 2/8, i’ve had seasons of 7/3. I’ve had to claw my way out of silver into plat or try and stop my fall out of diamond. Some games I’m on point and completely thrash the other team, some games my team is the one getting thrashed. This stuff happens. that’s the whole point of the game. If you win every. single. time. this game would be so very boring.

I wouldn’t say they “lock” you in, but rather that in order to rank up you need to be able to play at least 1,000 SR beyond your current tier.

Yes, I know. Hence the smiley face.

Why do I think it is? I have no idea. I only know that it has been under 50% win-rate for the last 3 months of my Comp games.

Now this is where people typically jump in and say unfounded things like, “Obviously you belong there if that’s how you’re playing.” Again, I am but ONE person on a SIX man team. And despite how many people tell you that one person can carry if they’re ‘good enough’: NO. YOU CAN’T. This is a team game. ONE person will definitely lose you the match, but one cannot win it.

You need your teammates there to absorb/deflect and deal damage. No matter if you’re the one ‘cleaning up’, you did not do it by yourself. Your teammates were around. Even if only serving as a distraction, that assistance can be that clutch move that cinches the game. But it wasn’t done alone. Yes, I can only control me. And while I don’t do well all the time, as no one does, I usually do well. But I also can’t make others work with me or the team.

No, I don’t think they care. Anyone who does doesn’t understand how businesses work.

I don’t think anyone is expecting to be good against better players. But simply asking for similarly skilled people is more than fair.

Right. I mean, that seems like a fairly safe thing to say, but there is so much that goes on in a game that doesn’t account for other teammates working with you. When I get cooperative people? Yes, we usually win or it’s so freaking close that a bullsht thing happens and that’s the end of it. But I cannot do anything when you have 2-3 idiots running around and not playing the map or with the team. No matter how many reviews of gameplay or strats or improving composition and game knowledge I do, it is not going to change crap teammates.

And calling someone out in cases of “you could have helped” or not is pretty subjective. We all have those people that are right by you - I mean RIGHT by you - and hide behind a corner/wall and not do anything. And when you die, they emote and run off. Yeah. Applicable calling out to team in these cases is deserved.

I don’t think it is, but it is also not balanced. For example, end of last season I was continually placed on teams where my personal SR was 2x that of any one person on my team. Yeah, that’s not okay. “‘SR’ is just a number, it doesn’t mean anything about skill.” In Comp, it means a lot; not only capabilities, but how they treat the game mode. Yes, this could totally be turned around to reflect upon myself. But I realize that the closer to my level of play I am to other teammates, the similar our outlooks on the game-mode are: playing to win, not troll or get carried.

I’m not asking nor expecting to win every game. I’m only wanting to be paired with similar skill levels.

What is your SR? I am not looking to roast you, but it sounds like it’s very low, maybe sub 1K. If that’s the case you are in the bottom 10% of the player base. That is very low and your teams will suck down there. But you seem to have decent game sense, so if you had marginal mechanical skill you wouldn’t need to worry about the other players on your team. You could carry your way out to silver at least.

Do yourself a favor and look at yourself before blaming everything else. You say you know how business works and that Blizzard doesn’t care about your SR… but previously your saying they rigged the game against you. Once you took off the blinders you realized that was crazy talk.

You have the ability to be reasonable. Just focus on what you can do to improve and forget the rest. Watch some Jayne vods and then record some of your own to review. It will help more than posting on the blog, that I can promise.

1 Like

How do they know a tank or healer is smurf. Tanks are dependant of healers and healers of tanks.
Gl carrying as tank or healer.

I think what you’re talking about is the handicapping of Competitive Play, which Blizzard does with Match Making Rating. I don’t think it’s accurate to say they ‘lock you in’ to a win rate. But that is what happens to Competitive Overwatch players on aggregate.

I dont know if there is any sort of conspiracy.

I will say that in low gold I hold my own no problem and my stats are definitely not indicative of someone that is getting carried.

However on my alt accont that is about low silver winning there is pretty much like pulling teeth

2 Likes