Does this forum seems useless?

I’ve made a few posts here, from bugs, suggestions, critics and etc.
I’ve commented in many posts and I’m constantly reading the large amount of posts.

However, I’ve never seen someone from Blizzard answering the posts, there are no community most discussed topics comments from the devs, streams, etc. Whether the suggestions or critics are being adressed internally or not.

What we have are some dev update regarding balances that are hot topics between famous streamers and etc. (not necessary the posts in here)

Therefore, my impression is that openning a post here with details of some in-game issue, or giving suggestions and etc are totally useless because it feels like no one from Blizzard actually reads it.

Also, the situation seems worse in Latam/European.

How do you feel about it?
My suggestion is that we have a stream 2x a month so devs can go through the hot topics of the past 2 weeks in the forum so we can collect a few insights on the direction the game is going to.

15 Likes

Forums never exist for moderators to help. They exist for players to complain to each other about the game.

12 Likes

Not true
An official forum is supposed to reduce the distant between community and developers so they can get insights on what are the main topics community are requesting and provide us insights on what they are actually doing or planning to do.

5 Likes

community manager or team did exist but they get free paid for doing absolutely nothing

what a dream job

5 Likes

AndyB and Jodie have been MIA so yeah, withou them, forums mean squat.

9 Likes

and jeph too he used to be pretty active on forum

2 Likes

lol damn blizz straight up cutting costs everywhere

no wonder why the game seems so… corporate

3 Likes

It’s mostly useless… Even posting something on the bug report section is ignored by Blizzard.

Pretty sure Blizzard just set this up as a place to vent.

3 Likes

The last direct response we got from the community managers regarding the forums relevance to actual input was basically that they think we’re too negative anyway and they ignore us for the most part.

19 Likes

i thought their last response is confirming that PVE is not canceled and still worked on

They fixed a bug I reported once if that counts.

They are more interested in responding on twitter than their own official forums.

1 Like

Regarding us. They have posted since about other things, yes.

I’ve cursed out and made slanderous remarks about their game and company on multiple occasions and still have trust level 3 so pretty sure they don’t read it.

They prefer the Positivity bubble that is the OW reddit.

I prefer constant criticism over “Everything is fine” any day.

Yes
The twitter posts are mainly marketing
For example, there are a bunch of complaints here regarding bad matchmaking, servers disconnections, rank system, many recurring bugs, etc.

A simple post such as “we are aware of the issue and will address it in the next couple of weeks” is way better than complete silence.

Also, the patch notes from the updates (not that frequently) do not match the complaints that are going around in the forum.

Seems like everything that is being posted here in the forum are not being fixed in the patches.

I’ve even open a ticket requesting some information regarding my MMR and after a few days waiting they answered that it was not possible to obtain such information with a formal ticket and sent me a link to the same place I was before, which is ridiculous.

1 Like

Imagine that in a studio where people sue each other, there is time to read the forum and develop the game.

It’s terrible actually.

It wasn’t always like this but it has been left unmanaged for so long that most comments on the people we actually want to speak to are filled with insults and disrespect.

For instance:

It is certainly Blizzard’s fault the community has got to this stage but there is no going back now.

I’m pretty sure they now prioritize other channels and engage people through influencers and official announcements rather than directly.

My favorite was when someone asked if they thought streamers were more important than the rest of the player base, and they didn’t bother to deny it.

1 Like

yes