Does The Team ACTUALLY Care About Doomfist?

Yes, I know they fixed SOME of his bugs a few months ago and I know about the primary fire changes on the PTR. Not what this is about…well, it is sort of about the recent PTR changes. So I check these forums every day; I know as a Doomfist main I am unintentionally bias as to what catches my attention here, but I’ve been seeing a lot of threads popping up about Doomfist’s bugs, or how the primary fire changes are not enough to make him viable. I try to keep some of them going, but they always fade off into obscurity.

Anyway, throughout the time I’ve spent on these forums, new and old, I have never once seen a developer respond to any Doomfist thread. Especially recently with all the community reaction to the changes. You would think since the developer team has been giving so much feedback recently one of them would see a Doomfist thread and at the very least give the team’s opinion. Yet, we haven’t gotten a word about his playabillity or the state of his bugs.

Recently, Jeff said this on a Sym forum:

At first I was ecstatic, I shared the quote thinking they finally responded. However, a lot of people thought they were probably just talking about the primary fire changes. Everyone was less hopeful because of how silent and unreliable the team have been about Doomfist as a whole. After thinking about it some time, I agree, he probably is just talking about the hand cannon. It genuinely makes me sad a lot of the Doomfist following are sort of giving up that he’ll be fixed or actually viable.

Back to the main topic, I’m starting to really doubt they care about him. Not because they won’t buff him more or anything like that, but because the amount of feedback we have received regarding the hero is in total much lower than all the other heroes that have been or will be changed recently. There are a decent amount of threads, some with a lot of activity on them. It’s hard to believe they just haven’t seen any. They have to be choosing not to respond for some reason, maybe they don’t know what to do with him, maybe they just have plans further down the line, maybe they just don’t care.

All I want is a few questions answered. Have you made progress with fixing his bugs? Do you think the primary fire changes are enough? Do you have any other changes planned? And finally, what do you, the Overwatch team, REALLY think of Doomfist?

I am not making this post to debate whether he is balanced now or not. I am not asking for buffs with this post. I am not using this post to try and insult or call out any member of the team. All I am doing is asking for information about my favorite hero, and I fail to see how it would be too much trouble.

20 Likes

Nope they seem to refuse to say anything.

Actually I meant this for reaper Idk why I thought doomfist.

1 Like

This is how I feel about mei :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Patience.
Changes take time.
I doubt they will never touch an underplayed hero.

2 Likes

No.

Post must be at least 20 characters

1 Like

Like I said in my original post, I’m not asking for any changes with this thread. I’m only asking for information.

1 Like

That’s the curse of maining a less popular hero.

Heroes like Mei, Symmetra, Doomfist and such tends to be ignored and heroes like Mercy, Dva and Genji (the most popular heroes) tends to get more changes and information.

2 Likes

Nope. They don’t. Their development time for a whole four months was focused on reworking and altering Mercy.

Doomfist will probably have to remain a tech pick for people who know how to use every weird interaction he has to use him effectively. Doomfist is basically a hero that gets kills for free, it’s very hard to balance and it’s probably best that he doesn’t get balanced to the point where he still gets kills for free but also a generally viable pick for most people.

Not comparing here, I also think they need to give more attention to Mei, but at the VERY least they said they don’t think Mei needs much more. Doomfist didn’t even get that courtesy.

1 Like

He is going down the same path as sombra. They made minor changes here and there and fixed some bugs, but until recently they didn’t want to look at making drastic changes. I think they will do the same for DF, but just going to take a bit to get there.

2 Likes

I hope they reduce damage per bullet and increase number of pellets of his hand cannon, feels really inconsistent right now.

1 Like

Like I said, not really the thread for Doomfist balance opinion. I just want information from the Developers.

1 Like

They gave the equivalent update. that you got so :woman_shrugging:

Posted 16 hours ago.

2 Likes

The op already mentioned this. Lots of people are so pessimistic at this point when it comes to doomfist that they believe it’s the “.15 second faster reload” that is on ptr, and only that. Some confirmation that it is something in addition to this would be great. Can you really blame people for being pessimistic after everything that has been going on with the guy?

3 Likes

If it had an increased reload speed AND bugfixes for all his crap AND a hitbox buff? Yeah. I’d be happy as hell. Just because a few top players can play him well doesn’t mean he’s balanced.

3 Likes

Where did they say anything?

I really wish they would make the effort to make him truly viable. Right now its not like he CAN’T be played effectively at all, but it is leaps and bounds more difficult than any other dps charater to sustain with him. He could in theory be such a cool character but blizz seems determined to let him rot. The ammo thing is cool, and the bug changes were helpful but its so pathetically little.

2 Likes

Developer update lol we haven’t gotten a reply about how mei users feel abou Her update since we started discussing it