Does Genji need help?

And that is?

The “pickrate” stuff does not say something different.

They buffed Soldier and Genji shortly after that, and buffed (mega buffed) Genji again because he was bad compared to other flankers, just as he is now.

1 Like

And after that they nerfed genji again because he was dominating in every rank.

(btw at that time genji mains still said that he was too weak.)

1 Like

Yes he was OP, but the point was they said genji wasn’t as bad as people thought, then they proceeded to buff him, showing that the devs thought he was too weak. So their previous statement doesn’t hold a lot of credibility

No not really. Maybe 1 or 2 delusional genji players but at most I saw people saying he wasn’t that OP. And a good portion of genji mains thought he was overtuned

1 Like

Most genji players on this forum/twitter said he is fine/still too weak/we have to wait 12 months until we know.

No they did it because all the angry genji main streamers Twittered about the quote and said that the devs are delusional.

3 Likes

Huge issues with mitigation and healing output have curb his effectiveness dramatically. He was never good with Tanks, specifically, but the additional mitigation brought about because of mandatory secondary tank makes it just that much harder for him to deal with things.

There’s not much that can be done right now. OW2 should more or less put him back on even ground and that will hopefully fix some problems.

Quoted for emphasis. Though keep in mind that this post from the patch date is ancient and the metagame has shifted quite a bit.

While I believe that genji is for the most part balanced I have to ask why anyone would believe the devs when they say anything about the balance state of a hero. Just look at the year following the mercy rework where after every single nerf they gave her they would come out saying how they felt she was finally balanced just to then follow up with more nerfs in the very next patch.

Not that I know of. On twitter maybe but it’s twitter. I speak with a lot of genji mains on this forum and pretty much all of the regular posters think he was overtuned in Season 23. Maybe at the time when the buffs were first announced some people thought he wouldn’t be OP but by the time he was nerfed there was a lot of unanimous agreement he was overtuned. Even high end genji streamers like samito and cavalry said he needed nerfs.

This was also 6 months after that happened. And a lot of people were angry at what they said beause they were denying power creep when meta was literally made up of power crept heroes.

1 Like

I don’t honestly. These are the same devs who playtested launch brig and thought she was fine before the community reprimanded the devs. They nerfed her 0 times before releasing her into comp even tho people had been saying she was broken weeks before. They’re just out of touch with the community more than anything

1 Like

3 out of 7 is more than half quick maffs

1 Like

He’s 4th most picked in Masters as well

2 Likes

Yes, but that’s beside the point.

You referenced a very outdated post. Blizzard have not commented on Genji for quite a while, and probably wonlt, as they are busy with OW2.

Yet even if they come out and say “Genji is not doing as bad as people think”, as they have in the past, it doesn’t mean they think Genji is “fine”, and might still buff him, as they have in the past.

1 Like

But apparently they regretted buffing him, else they wouldn’t have nerfed him like that. :blush:

1 Like

They regret giving him 5 buffs but they definitely wanted him to be better than he was.

If not then he would never have been buffed in the first place

give back July 2020 buffs and remove damage boost from Nano Blade.

then explain how you barely got a positive WR with him in plat, if he is so easy and broken then why didnt you go 11-0 rather than 6-5?

3 Likes

because roadhog is stronger

That’s again beside the point.

And they didn’t “regret” since they did keep some of the buffs.

1 Like

But he’s not strong in any rank. We both agreed him not being strong on higher ranks with the 0.6% pick rate (trusting the statistic given by Bakkusödo). I don’t have the stats for lower ranks but don’t need to, genji isn’t strong in lower ranks either. Because he’s hard to play, bronze to high plat players simply can’t get anything done with him. He’s supposed to scale a lot with skill and be strong on higher ranks, but he’s not that right now either. I don’t think genji is in a healthy place. Correct me if im wrong anywhere.

2 Likes

Yes. They should really test 29DPS shurikens and thats it, he’ll be a fine middle pack hero, right now the issue is he literally struggles to build blade despite being a blade bot and support ults and even tanks ults, charge faster than yours, healing is ridiculous and Genji 's dmg gets outhealed so damn easily too.

2 Likes