Does Bastion need Ironclad anymore?

Bastion got Ironclad to survive more but with two barriers and immortality from Baptiste does he really need it anymore? His damage is pretty insane but many people are having games lost entirely because of Bastion Team comp. It easy to set up and as Fareeha said - how to counter it requires way more teamwork then setting it up. His Damage is so high and ruined the Grand Finals and showed maybe it too high. It wasn’t competitive at all finals. Last year finals were better.

Bastion is turned into a sole winning pick. So really does he need ironclad anymore?

Bastion damage was for unbalanced team comps so needed that overwhelming damage. With two barriers and immortality maybe he should have ironclad removed, lower hp or same damage for barrier but not heroes. Bastion seems like a nerf is needed, even pros and high streamers have spoken about this.

No because as soon as Double Barriers is gone he goes back to trash tier.

9 Likes

Consider the meta shift the game is about to go into with the new patch. Chances are the game is about to become a lot more mobile again and that means less barriers in play.

9 Likes

Would just like to say that playing against Bastion comps is a complete pain in the butt and I would much rather just see the character deleted from the game. (I know they won’t delete a hero, but I can still dream)

2 Likes

And the moment double shield is not the thing? Then what, just a depowered Bastion left in ftier again?

Dont see double shield not being a thing soon but even if it does go. Bastion was designed in reference to not 2/2/2 compositions. It means Bastion is heavily over tuned

I feel like it’d be cool for him to have to ramp up his gun so he can still do a lot of damage, but not immediately. It at least gives him some sort of method of beating him

The issue is, as soon as he doesn’t have those shields this would make him even more trash than he is now

I think the best they can do is hope Bastion is at a point where he’s not so OP he needs nerfs and not popular enough for people to want him buffed

NO, he is hot garbage except for in this exact meta

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if he lost Ironclad entirely… as long as other changes were made, because Ironclad doesn’t do much of anything in the first place.

2 Likes

It saves him from a tracer pulsebomb and beam dmg

1 Like

Yea… he needs to be a little tankier when in Sentry anyways.

Give him back his teeth with accuracy and headshots and I don’t care about his tankiness

I hope so, but I highly doubt it. The biggest thing that would need to change is Orisa’s ability to hold down a spot. Right now, she’s just the best main tank in the game, and Sigma has only made her stronger. The nerfs to her may not be enough. The buffs to the dive tanks also don’t help in ways that really matter to them in taking down a bunker. The Lucio speed buff may help Rein’s push past shield, but now Roadhog has higher effective DPS, so they’ll be running out of resources faster anyway.

Many people also lose when there isn’t a Bastion but there are double barriers so why is it suddenly a Bastion issue when double barrier continues to do well with or without him?

3 Likes

Ironclad is worthless anyways. I’d be happy if it got removed if it meant he got something else

2 Likes

Oh hey, it you.

Also yea, logic left this place a long time ago.
Bastion needs real changes.

I even made a thread about that.
Another thread.

ANOTHER ONE.

[💙 Bastion mains, it's time to hear your voice once more]

2 Likes

Bastion certainly does not need nerfs as much as he doesn’t need net buffs…

A rework would be the best option, but have fun even bringing that up in front of a Bastion player, no matter how reasonable your suggestions are…

1 Like

you didnt answer the question, of how to beat him with double shield. thx a lot troll.

He’s still one of the worst heroes in the game.

Pros and streamers hate dealing with things they don’t know how to deal with. Pros because things they can’t deal with cost them money, and streamers because getting their butts kicked while they learn what to do doesn’t earn them money. It’s easier for the both of them to just get people like you to QQ for them and get things nerfed.

As for you, learn how to deal with him. Bastion has one of the lowest pick-rates in the game for a reason. He’s all kinds of terrible outside of some very specific situations and team comps.

I mean, it’s double-barrier and he’s not even that highly picked in what should be his meta.

So no. No nerfs for bastion. If anything, buff him more.

“meta shift”

I’ll believe it when I see it.