💙 Bastion mains, it's time to hear your voice once more

Please, join me in coming from the woodwork to address this hero once again.

That’s right, i’m calling all Bastion mains to speak up and discuss your favorite hero.

I’d like to turn this into a small hub for Bastion discussion to talk about the character and it’s playstyle.

As some of you already know, this isn’t a new concept… It’s been done before, all lost to the sands of time… all but ignored by those who have real influence.

Most of you would recognize this thread, which detailed Bastion’s state as a whole:
[💔 Bastion ISN’T being forgotten, he’s being ignored]

But now in addressing each hero alphabetically i find myself faced with the one thread that i have hesitated in writing… the one thread which even i feel almost wrong in creating…

We all have differing opinions, and no single opinion is right or wrong, but it seems almost necessary to address my most played hero simply because no one else seems to talk about the hero from the perspective of playing the hero.

So without further ado, let’s begin.

𝓒𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓸!

I’m potentially going to make a thread at a later date about the state of this game as a whole, and i need the current opinions of Bastion mains to call upon about their hero.

• Does anything need to be changed?
  • Are there any problems with it as a character in and out of game?
  • Are it’s interactions in fights where they should be?
  • Is the ultimate in a good spot/feel good on either end?
  • And most importantly is it fun to play as it is currently ?

Oh, and feel free to share your memes and favorite Bastion related content please!

Now, personal opinions time.

Yes, i am going to give my personal opinions on the hero… you don’t have to agree with them, nor do you have to take them as objective fact.

• Does anything need to be changed?

HELL YES.

I cannot stress that enough…
Bastion feels useless in every situation, and honestly i would rather play Widowmaker blindfolded.

• Are there any problems with it as a character in and out of game?

Personally i just feel as though we’re lacking key lore in and out of game…
How did the rest of Overwatch feel about Bastion?
What happened when Torb introduced them?
What would stop Soldier from flying into a PTSD rage and killing it on the spot?

• Are it’s interactions in fights where they should be?

Hell no.

Bastion has far too much ammo currently, and hits barely anything with it.
Bastion gives up mobility to become a sitting duck, for… A less reliable damage output.

• Is the ultimate in a good spot/feel good on either end?

After the recent changes it’s worse than it ever has been.
You can no longer properly rocket jump, nor can you get adequate value out of the short time you have using it.

• And most importantly is it fun to play as it is currently ?

I would have more fun playing Genji against an all beam team comp.

Conclusion:

Now, to sum this up I’d suggest a rework for Bastion. In fact… i will right now.
Ehem…

• Sentry Mode Ammo reduced to 150. (Or 200)
  • Sentry Mode Headshot modifier reinstated.
  • Sentry Mode now activates a forward facing 500 health barrier which can ONLY regenerate while in Recon/Tank Modes.
  • Ironclad removed.
  • 100 of Bastion’s current existing base health is converted into armor upon configuring into Sentry/Tank Modes.
  • Tank Mode’s weird firing nonsense must be reverted… just… please.

Before you ask for my head on a silver platter, i’d like to explain this rework suggestion.

Bastion simply cannot defend itself while in Sentry Mode anymore.
Yes, i understand that Bastion can seem strong when in a team of well coordinated players, but with these changes Bastion would not only be firing less often but reloaded 3 times as often, allowing for much more counter play when the chance arises, while preserving Bastion’s deadly presence on the battle field, and making the player have to really be careful about where and when to use those bullets.

Bastion also gives up mobility when entering Sentry Mode, making the configuration a large commitment when in the heat of battle, though as it is right now this is most commonly suicide.

With this rework you could even suggest moving Bastion to the Tank category, though most would complain that Tanks shouldn’t deal that much damage, Bastion was originally designed in lore as a front line combatant, a literal… Bastion.

And we will never get around the issue of Bastion being the same size as Reinhardt.

TL;DR Bastion is made of wet cardboard even WITH a good team supporting him, and obviously needs a rework. A lot of people don’t like dying, but i’m addressing the hero from the perspective of playing the hero above fighting the hero, as no one seems to do lately. Bastion needs to hit hard as a front line combatant, and Sentry Mode needs to be dangerous again.

~𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖇𝖎𝕱𝖔𝖝

(𝕯𝖔𝖓’𝖙 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖜𝖆𝖕 𝖔𝖋𝖋 𝕭𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓… 𝖔𝖗 𝖂𝖎𝖉𝖔𝖜.)

(As a side note, i’ve been dreading making this post as i know it will get argumentative backlash, but i figured i would go ahead and get it out of the way. i stand by my opinions that Bastion needs to be over all stronger, as a tiny bit of coordinated strategy is often it’s downfall anyways in game.)

12 Likes

Didn’t you already do this exact post?

2 Likes

What do you mean?
If you mean the one that i didn’t write but simply posted, detailed the state of Bastion from many months ago, i linked it in this post.

But no, that was a different situation.
And this time i’m doing a post about every hero. And it’s Bastion’s turn.

2 Likes

Boop beep boop booop bop beep chrr chrr hrr hrr boop beep chrr

7 Likes

A big one. For bastion to do any amount of damage outside his ult he needs to be immobile.

1 Like

Yes, and i believe that can still be preserved while making Bastion viable at the same time.

It’s LONG past time to buff Bastion.
And in all honesty i don’t care that people would die more often while running directly up to him, if you want to kill him slow down and force him out of Sentry.

Strategy is your friend.

Maybe, add headshots back, but they only do 25-50% extra damage, that way he still has his spread, but he becomes a LOT more deadlier upclose, while keeping his weak ranges still weak, that will say, very long ranges.

1 Like

Bastion should get his old 200 ammo state returned to him, including the higher accuracy and headshot damage; however, his damage per shot should be reduced.

1 Like

Disagree, he instead should have his headshot damage reduced, or else it will punish him more than it will help him, due to how he has already quite low damage per bullet.

1 Like

Yea, i’d accept that.

That, and his spread needs to tighten faster with less ammo…
Also he just needs less Ammo is general… it would really balance some things out.

Yes to everything except for the lowered damage over all, since he would have a fraction of the ammo to begin with, lowering damage anyways.

The idea is for Bastion to hit HARD when it does hit.

1 Like

More like if it does hit with his spread.

1 Like

here is a idea how about just removing bastion from the game all together the only hero takes zero to no skill to play and honestly has no place in this game and if anything he should be removed from arcade yes i said arcade all you deathmatch bastion pansies .

Exactly.
Bastion needs to hit rather hard when it does actually do anything.

When you have a Genji dancing around you, you need to remind him that you’re a car sized machine gun.

Thanks for providing zero feedback and not even using correct grammar in doing so.

We all lose.
But you lose more.

1 Like

Considering how easy he is countered you need a lot of skill to be able to be effective. (Unless it is Junkertown but… That is a symptom of the map design.)

1 Like

Bastion is boring, has the worst balance in the game (Op at low rank terrible at high rank, which IMO is the worst possible status for a hero), is hated causing his players to be blasted with hate themselves, and unlike any other bad character in the game right now (d.va, genji, pharah, ect.), Has NEVER been meta ever. Now Imma just say this; buffing bastion is not an option. He will not work the way he is now. His balance as I mentioned above cannot be fixed at high ranks without being completely blown up at low ranks. He needs a rework. The only fun I ever have with him is using recon mode only, which is apparently “throwing” :joy::joy: Frankly the only parts of this character that aren’t totally neglected are his animated short status and his skin pool.

1 Like

Thank you, GoldenPants.

Honestly?

Bastion is bad in all ranks.

You may not realize it, but players in low ranks have issues with every hero.
They just focus on Bastion because it’s easier to hate the hero.

Also i don’t know how to like, forward the thread to people… help.

1 Like

Well even that’s true. He’s only “good” in low ranks if awareness is poor and no one wants to switch to counter him, and his counters aren’t as used in low ranks. Usually I just wraith form at him, jump on top of him and kill him before he knows where I’m at.

1 Like

How dare you!

Oh wait, I got my beeps, and boops confused.

1 Like

Where do you get these gifs exactly ? :joy:

1 Like

01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110011 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00111111

Also let’s just state something for the record here…

Bastion is so bad no one has even come to disagree with the thread yet.
(Other than the usual troll)