Does anyone miss shield gen?

I like to think that it’s better than her current ult.

74 Likes

More armor and shields in the game, no thanks.

48 Likes

Anubis defense second point, put that thing in the tiny room behind point, fill room full of turrets, kill tracers and genjis left and right. amazing

24 Likes

I don’t. That thing always got destroyed like 10 seconds after it was set anyways.

10 Likes

i have the feeling that they have a…
SHIELD GENERAT0R

78 Likes

Beat me to it, hahaha

5 Likes

Nope and twenty chars

2 Likes

It was probably better (as in stronger), but no, I definitely don’t miss it. I’ll take an interesting ability over “Press Q for a permanent advantage unless opponents win a hide-and-seek minigame” any day.

8 Likes

I miss it, it’s better than this lame barrier she has now.

8 Likes

Give it back blizz I miss it!!

1 Like

I mostly miss the feeling they have a Shield generator.

16 Likes

Was it better? Yes. Was it more fun? Not at all.

4 Likes

Don’t miss it all, that with Brigitte’s Ult/Repair Pack and Torbjorn’s soon to be gone armor packs was a pain in the butt.

4 Likes

These days, I think Shield Gen would just feel like a weaker Rally. Armor is tons better than sheild, and Brigitte gets her ult often enough to refresh the armor buffs.

1 Like

Only because I always win! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I absolutely loved shield Gen and really miss it

It was so unique and offered constant reliable value that you were guaranteed so long as it was active

4 Likes

Me :’( i miss the Shield Generator so much!

1 Like

It’s interesting to see people hating on this mechanic.
For me, it was the only reason to play sym really. The mini-game to make enemy team look for something on the map was such a unique and interesting mechanic that I never really saw in any game.

8 Likes

I miss having more health on Symmetra so yes.

2 Likes

Shield gen was useful. Even with an attack sym. If you had Torb armour on top of that and solid supports…that’s a lot of shields and armour to chew through.

Her current ult is useful. Especially when you have formidable hanzos and widows on the enemy team.

4 Likes