Do YOU want Bastion buffed?

Thank you. This is exactly what we’re trying to achieve… make him more independent so that it’s more effective to run something else that’s doing damage with the Bastion than it is to run Bastion in a bunker comp.

1 Like

We take a short angle and not make a long advance holding shield like a tard, it works, as it does with every other gun in the game, right now I can actually deal with being stunned by brig without bastion insta deleting me during the stun duration, if you had a max of 900 dps it would be the exact opposite, if you think it’s the same as it used to be, pick pharah and just boop rein out of the way then focus fire (the era old bastion was in) well that simply doesn’t work anymore, as you have orisa, for reasons i have already stated. It would be BROKEN thanks to the new additions.

Wether or not you think its a dumb strat, it will always be the way you play rein into a bastion in turtle. You need to pass the barrier because you can’t move it. When you can swarm him, hes done for. It’s not a stupid strat to stick a shield against you barrels past your shield turtle and then get my team to stay directly behind it and spam you to death.

I want bastion VIABLE, and making tanks feel worse and still keeping bastion in the TRASH tier at ranks above diamond because of his one extremely exploitable weakness is a BAD MOVE. Fix his core issue, and leave meaningful weakness on the table.

If you cant see the issue with it in the game as it is with the heroes and reworks added to the game since he was what he used to be, you shouldn’t be piloting any words of what you want changed to the devs. If one strat becomes cheese, which that one will, but still overall be a risk hero pick, he will catch a nerf to that particular strat, which will land us at square 1, right back to now.
If you can’t see that. Well I guess theres nothing else to be said.

good

not good.

btw Rein is picked a ton right now so Bastion killing him wouldn’t be a super bad thing. Also you said it yourself, having an Orisa prevents the CC from letting your die. Just have an Orisa yourself. she can cover for you while you’re stunned from Brig.

You can’t boop the Rein out of the way, but you can blow up the shield with rockets and your team’s fire…

You understand that to do 900 DPS, the Bastion would have to be cheating, right? And it’s not like he’s doing 900 DPS to the barrier, he wouldn’t change against barriers at all, he’d still do 450 against them.

Also, there’s something very wrong when the entire point of his rework was to make him an “anti-tank” hero, and yet you’re countering him as a tank.

If you give him the buff YOU want, he WILL STILL BE TRASH. Still a risky pick, Still super exploitable.

If you give him a mobility asset while in sentry form, his weakness is negated, and he remains a scary high dps hero who melts tanks to nothing in mere moments. If you do what you want, bastion will get a new cheese strat by pairing with brig and melting tanks to bits and he will catch an instant NERF, Reinhardt being picked alot doesnt mean that he is strong, hes just NEEDED to bloick double sniper damage, not because hes OP or even strong, he just gets booped around alot, and often piled on by both snipers when you get stunned and instantly killed, simply saying screw rein bastion deserves a spot at his cost, selfish as all hell.

Here ya go, read this

Simply saying “Bastion doesn’t deserve damage, I don’t want to deal with him as Rein” is selfish as all hell

I’m not against Rein, I like Rein (not playing him, but I like having a Rein on my team), but having Bastion be weak because Rein would suffer a little is bad for the game…

1 Like

I’m of the opinion Bastion’s okay. Not great, but reliable. His damage and clip size is good, counterbalanced by his immobility and exploitable weak spot. He’s not being forgotten, he’s just in a pretty solid place right now.

You main bastion so i guess you are just being willfully ignorant that reins that take those short angles still lose their shield fully and take SOME damage while employing that strategy. So 900 dps while im pressed up against your barrels to block for my team with my body.

I thought terran had a big brain on him. I expected better of him to actually think it through why when the game changes some things NO LONGER WORK. This is one of those things. You enjoy waiting for your buffs, and I hope they come. I just hope your wanted buffs are not what happens AT ALL.

His damage is extremely inconsistent. I refer you to the blue text in the post above you. Fix that, and he would be in a good spot.

For a bastion main, you aren’t all that clued on to what makes him the risky pick no one wants on their team. Or how to fix it. NO idea.

But is he? I honestly wish I could play him more but he fails to follow through. I think his counterbalances could be a little too heavy, but very close!

The selfish part, is deciding to always only consider fighting Against A Bastion.

There are players behind that screen, ya know.
Lets talk about playing AS The Bastion… shall we?

If Roadhog was in as bad of a place as Bastion, and underperforming in Every Conceivable way, I wouldn’t go into a Roadhog thread, and claim they shouldn’t change him At all, because he might hurt me more.

Oh you want to talk inconsistent damage, go look up Sombra’s damage.

Again, he wouldn’t do 900 DPS to barriers. All this does is remove the “I’ll just walk straight into the active minigun shall I” strat, which is a dumb concept to begin with.

Bastion’s is literally worse… He has a larger spread than she does, but he’s meant for medium range, not short range point blank.

No, I know exactly what makes him the “risky pick”. His poor damage output, and the fact that he sacrifices so much for it.

2 Likes

Everything I’ve wanted has gotten him closer and closer to viable (the specific recon and healing buffs are something I wanted) and those worked perfectly, it was where they made a change I didn’t want that it fell apart so I’m not leaving anything to chance. So far what I’ve wanted has worked so I’ll just keep on going. Also it has a ton of support so it’s not only me.

I think you’re talking to GrantMan but you’re wrong. His immobility can be exploited and that’s fine, but when a Hanzo willingly peaks you at 10 meters multiple times and still doesn’t die, that’s the problem.

1 Like

This. Exploiting his lack of mobility is a character design, an intentional weakness. Exploiting his lack of damage is not. His design is supposed to be high damage, no mobility, but he’s lacking in the “high damage” part.

2 Likes

im sure we’ve all gone against a pirate ship with bastion as the captain. imagine playing against a buffed bastion sitting on the payload in comp…