Do you remember Kaplan saying 'at least 1 hero before OW2'?

Imagine Blizzard released one more hero, out of the blue, before OW2?

Like no announcements, no testing, just BOOM new hero?

I would be in love with them if they did it. I would consider it my birthday gift, even though it past a few weeks ago.

Sigh… wishful thinking.

content drought sux,

11 Likes

It would be pretty good for PR considering the content drought

Not to sound negative though. I’m 200% for them releasing as many new heroes as possible

6 Likes

I don’t think OW2 is around corner so I’m pretty sure there will be more heroes before that.

His exact words were ‘at least’ so the implication we might have another one is there, but not a definite promise.

I honestly am not that hopeful, mostly because of Covid-19 messing things up for everyone. But I can hope right?

2 Likes

I dont think they would add new hero tho, they want people to play when OW2 drops mostly, so the more they hold on for it being out the better chance for people to spend cash.

I know they were saving all the heroes for ow2 but with corona possibly halting or forcing ow2 delay they might release one in the mean time.

1 Like

Should fix the other heroes first.

7 Likes

Maybe a new hero would fix some of the other ones.

Unless ‘fix’ means bug fixes and not balance fixes.

They updated the playlist for animated shorts like a month ago :frowning: I’m hopeful that’ll give me some content, I read the book and I’m already looking for more.

Hero developments takes time but they are working on more than one at the time but I think they just gonna do release them all in OW2 to give more content to justify releasing expansion.

It’s hard to guess because we don’t have any news about release date of OW2.

is the book good?

I read a few Blizzard books on Starcraft and Warcraft, and honestly they weren’t that good. Not horrible, but not amazing.

I get a feeling, because we haven’t heard a single thing about OW2, that the game is getting some major rework going on

Cause honestly, I think the general reaction was negative. A lot of people weren’t interested in paying for L4D-Diet

You can tell that its geared towards a younger audience but it didn’t hinder me too badly. I read it in one sitting. Definitely some of the information about how the black market worked was intriguing. The author did a good job imo.

I thought it had some insights on Doomfists goals and added some backstory. Easy to tell that they’re gearing up for a story where efi and orisa are going to get Sojourn to fight talon.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they meant only 1 hero.

Of which is Echo.

1 Like

Oh I agree, but they did leave the door open for more. I’m just being a bit optimistic.

Being sliced and diced by genji every game has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

A new hero sure would sweeten my tongue.

1 Like

Would be nice.
Though there’s a hard thing of weak, mediocre, and strong af.

They said Brig would fix Genji and Tracer and look where that got us lol.

Good to know. Thanks.

I mean like. She did fix them. But more in the sense of fixing a dog rather than patching up a hole in a wall with some tape :laughing:

2 Likes

I see it as ‘using a sledge hammer to drive a needle into a cloth’ kind of fix.

2 Likes