Do you agree with stylosa?

Its Stylosa so no. He probably died to a Moira and made this video out of it.

2 Likes

No i dont
I think whats happening is that with one less tank a problem that always existed is more apparent now. Which is: people dont play with the tendency to help their teamates. Ppl are always just doing their thing without paying attention to whats happening to the other team members. Dvas that dont matrix a hooked teammate. A zarya that donr bubble a support being flanked. A bap that doesnt immportality field the enemy ultimate because he used a sec before to duel someone. A dps that focus on whats in front of him instead of paying attention to sound and miss their own support getting killed right next ti him.
This ALWAYS happened, its not new to ow2
But ow2 is more apparent because people tend to also be more far away from each other
Its a people problem. Not a game problem.

1 Like

You have the wrong idea because of the clickbait title, the point of the video seems to be that supports are just too easy to kill

2 Likes

It’s the same stuff you’ve probably been hearing since the first beta. Supports die a lot in OW2 - tanks chase them, DPS chase them, less peel.

1 Like

Yeah well not wasting my time watching another e-celebrity video and posting no summary of it either leads anyone to think its another DPS e-celebrity talking about how The Game Is Broken because a hero counters them.

2 Likes

Go back a little bit further than that.

✅ Next Experiment: 1-2-2 SoloTank

I feel like we should re-try 1-3-2 - #16 by GreyFalcon-11737

2 Likes

Only listened to a few minutes since my brain has poor concentration.

But maybe I’m delusional, but I honestly don’t believe there’s that big an issue with Support as a role outside of it feeling insanely stale and Mercy really needing some damn agency already. The biggest frustration I’ve been experiencing, has been due to all too many DPS and (especially) Tank players being clueless how to play in 5v5.

2 Likes

I believe him when he says moira is almost S tear with the highest skill floor of any support. She needs nerfs.

A lot of the “problems” he’s listing aren’t new or endemic to OW2. I do want to stress his point about lines of sight – also not a new concern – it is very important to know where your supports are if you want to be getting, you know, support.

Stylosa actually plays Moira, you must be thinking about that insufferable manchild Samito and his cheering section Your Overwatch (who take turns crying about Moira every so often).

3 Likes

Moira more than ever is a go to option for me over Mercy in the support category. When it becomes clear my team is ignoring flanks or the DPS can’t hit anything then I go to Moira.

And like he said, even supports are going for the enemy supports more often.

Right now it’s extra rough because of the oppressive amount of flanking going on at the moment is making support not as enjoyable as it should be.

1 Like

Is it me or does the Moira in the thumbnail have her hockey mask fragment over the wrong eye?

2 Likes

Ahhh, well then no I don’t really agree. I agree that support can use some help in terms of making themselves more distinct in the role trifecta. But I don’t think they ended up net negative with the transition to OW2. And at least for me I find support more enjoyable in OW2 compared to OW1. I’m also not a top level player though so my opinion isn’t really important.

…ikr? I’m so tired of people posting videos without breaking down the talking points of the video and without the courtesy of adding a tl;dr… :thinking:

It’s the usual. Supports getting farmed by Flankers, and most ELOs they aren’t getting much Peels. They are now Kill-Target-#1 for the enemy team in 5v5. They are also missing out on the killhungry stuff, and often feel like if their team sucks, then they basically can’t do much about it.

1 Like

…ahhh thank you.

I mean, supports arguably had the biggest adjustment to be made for the 5v5 environment but I don’t believe it’s a ‘problem’ per se, just that support players need to do a little more DM practice and get used to the more brawly style of game… :upside_down_face:

I mean, I do. Just like with OW1 Tanks, it wasn’t so much a Balance problem, as a Popularity problem.

Incidentally, Mercy is the most problematic Support in OW2, from a Popularity perspective, and I just posted this:

[OW2] Fixing Mercy Popularity through Tweaks

1 Like

…ehhhh, you’re comparing apples and oranges… :wink:

No-one wanted to tank because it was boring, people don’t want to play support because, arguably, a lot of OW1 support-main vets are clinging to OW1-style heal-botting type habits that simply don’t fly in OW2.

One problem was on the devs to fix (tanks), supports adapting to the OW2 change of pace & doing a bit of DM practice is totally on them… :wink:

Seems like the same issue to me.

“Don’t wanna play because boring”.

Or more specifically

• Gotta be the main person to deal with incoming chip damage
  • Heavily reliant on your team to stick with you, and cater to your throughout the match
  • Synergy with a random internet stranger is important, and determines how much fun you can have.

I remember he put a lot of emphasis on supports needing to stay alive, whilst also fending off flankers and dealing with lack of peels.

He’s right, I would say. Does it really compromise my fun? Yes, and no. It depends on what support I’m playing. I’m not good at “dueling” so I gravitate towards supports with mobility/verticality.

But if I try to play a more stationary support, then I do feel like a free kill oftentimes. I’m just learning to accept the game for what it is, and trying to adapt accordingly.

I’m still playing Mercy religiously, so I wouldn’t say my experience is terrible :man_shrugging:t5: