Do we know if 5v5 will fully release to public in 2022?

An invite-only beta can’t go on for more than 7-8 months right? At the very latest I expect the December 1 date from the Nvidia GeForce Now leak to not be a placeholder. It’s a Thursday after all.

I sincerely hope this beta won’t drag further than 2023 especially after waiting so long for content.

December 1st is still too far away. Being 1 month before 2023 is just as bad.

It needs to release in summertime IMO. There should be no excuse at this point now that they are halting PvE to focus on getting PvP ready to release. Do 1 beta at the end of every month where you test 2 new heroes + a handful of reworks, release after 4 betas in August

3 Likes

good point! by the way the devs been talking about how the beta works, sounds like it’d be going for aaaages

1 Like

Yeah which I honestly don’t understand. I always try to be reasonable and stick up for the Devs but it makes no sense that it should take so long. It feels like all we are doing at this point is balance testing the new heroes and reworks for them? Which is like…great?

But it shouldn’t take that long to see what works and what doesn’t once you ACTUALLY let people test it. And I honestly don’t care if OW2 releases and isn’t super balanced, it’ll still be fun for the first month bc it’s new while they work on balancing the first patch lol

OW1 beta took 6 months so hopefully around that long

2 Likes

The fact they couldn’t commit to an open beta date (they simply said later this year) means I’d just sit on the fence for now and enjoy the spoilers we’ll see with the early betas… :wink:

3 Likes

I sincerely hope the Beta goes throughout the rest of 2022, into 2023.

Give the PVP it’s time to be PUBLICLY tested. Especially if we’re looking at 6+ new heroes. No more internally tested bull :poop:

it wont, theres going to be multiple betas

1 Like

pve must be released 2022

“Later this year” is so so much better than just “soon” we’ve been hearing for the last 3 years. So 2022 must be set if that is the case…

In general my guess is and what I understood from the OWL Community update is that the beta will run at least for the entire OWL Season 5. So until September / October 2022. We also can expect monthly Beta updates with new content (heroes, maps, etc.) and balancing changes for each tournament.

So my guess is that a Q3 / Q4 2022 release for OW 2.0 sounds very likely

4 Likes

I have a strong gut feeling they’ll be drip feeding “content” through beta tests up until 2023.
It’s just crazy how there’s zero content since Echo and all they have to show for the beta test right on April is 5 hero reworks, Sojourn and a couple of maps.

3 Likes

I mean… what we now will follow throughout the next months will be the new announced game mode + probably the reveal of Control Maps. I’m pretty sure they have a lot in store and currently polishing everything for the upcoming future betas.

Probably internal turmoil. I’d imagine at least a few important people either on the team or adjacent to it left, be it in protest, in search of a better place, or involuntarily.

game being in development hell is quite obvious. i mainly blame kotick and the higher ups tho.

I’ll be glad when overwatch 5 vs 5 fails and ow will have no choice but to bring 6 vs 6 back Maybe If we all just walk away from ow they will than have to reverse course and mass bomb review the company ftc fcc will step in and yank the company license.

1 Like

Yeah this is the correct answer.

Q4 2022.

1 Like

nah i like 5v5. and im a tank main! i wont be complaining

Well yes. Your title is a little ambiguous because it could simultaneously mean:

• will the open beta 5v5 be available
  • will OW2 5v5 be available

I was referring to the open beta… :upside_down_face: :thinking:

open beta for ow1 was like 2 weeks before release and everyone can play it then so thats totally fine by me