Do the overwatch devs actually look at the forums?

Try 90%. For real, an ENORMOUS amount of content on these forums is salty whining about “Hero X is OP/needs a buff” or whining about smurfs, their precious SR, demands for people who ship characters to be purged from the forums, whining about OLD crap like player profiles not being visible by default and “Why can’t I get into grandmasters unless I play with a team!?”

It’s entitled whining. There’s a mountain of it produced every day. Even with a team of 100 moderators they couldn’t be expected to sift through all the inane, useless crap on these forums for the few pieces of useful constructive feedback and alerts about critical bugs or exploits.

The icing on the cake as far as complaining is people who whine about “I don’t have an INCENTIVE to play on the PTR!” Like, here’s a place for people to provide feedback and they STILL complain. Just can’t satisfy them … and the moment you point out all these flaws to them, their brain goes “Hey, you’re trying to say I’m stupid, you must be [conspiracy theory]!”

2 Likes

That pretty much sums it up.
This guy gets it.

Or balance a hero for FFA " Moira is always first nerf her ".

1 Like

Yup that is pretty much it.
I mean at this point I don’t even flame Blizzard for not looking in this trash heap.

They pay Seagull to look at the forums.

Hopefully not hehe

It’s a joke calm down

This is pure conjecture ,who’s to say it’s not just them editing spelling mistakes ? I doubt they care enough to edit their own words beyonds fixing spelling errors

They do look at the forums, but they naturally can’t/won’t read every post, that would be impossible. OTOH, I do believe if a topic is represented enough say the incessant Mercy posts they definitely see it and make judgements. This is why doing things like bringing up the same thing every other day just with a different wording ultimately works against you, it makes them somewhat numb to the question, even resistant. I am also pretty sure inane posts like “delete character X” are ignored out of hand.

They only respond to LGBT/race and obviously clickbait forums from what I’ve seen. They’ve never responded to buff/nerf request forms.

With the amount of whining from players who think they know what’s best for the game on regular basis, i don’t blame them if they gave up.

For real? People whine about that too? Free for all … in a team-based game. A game that originally was supposed to only be playable with set teams of 6 and they only opened the floodgates to matchmaking with randoms after players demanded it. Ugh.

Bear in mind that he is talking about the same forums that demand excessive nerfs on half the cast and excessive buffs on the other.

He is completely right to say that the forums make the game seem worse than it is.

1 Like

Nah they just have Mods looking at it to lock toxic threads or “toxic” threads.

For me, the forums are more in hopes that the community on here could agree on something and then Blizzard has a larger player base to answer to. Though they won’t

I already pointed out what they were for. Reading is an important skill to master.

You recalled wrong. They specifically edited out statements they made on how Symmetras rework was supposed to function.

Where is the conjecture, I just pointed out exactly what they edited out. They edited out statements on how Symmetras rework is supposed to function. Reading comprehension is important when replying.

What specifically did they edit out?

Of course they do.

Just majority of the posts on the forums are horrible and don’t provide feedback worth giving the time of day.

I mean obviously they do since they just handed out a Dva AND Brig nerf along with a Reaper buff like the forums have been asking for.

We aren’t streamers in their Blizzard HQ where all the cool important stuff happens.