Do the overwatch devs actually look at the forums?

I’m not going to sugar coat it.

You’re one person among tons of others, you come off as entitled and demanding. Congrats, you put tons of hours into this game… So have others.

Tell me, when there are likely piles of other more important things to do, ask yourself, why would someone stop to talk with a person like that?

You’re not looking for a discussion, you’re looking for an argument unless someone validates your arrogance.

1 Like

If you looked at the forums as a developer, you wouldn’t browse the forums like a normal person.

You would probably sort by replies, which brings up the most popular and active threads.

Now my simple question to you is…

What would a developer see first if they sorted by replies, other than developer made threads?

1 Like

There’s no smoke if there’s no fire.

There’ll be less salt and toxicity if we’re not ignored.

1 Like

The forum criers tend to be extremely bias, and is fill with players wants there to be an easy button for everything. They ignore everything the devs says if it doesn’t align with what the forum criers say.

Many people always complain about how the devs don’t know about balance, however all their suggestions are made to delete a character, or to make their character broken. Very few suggestions are balance and are often flooded with the popular suggestion to destroy a character.

What I notice is, when Blizzard balance a character at their own pace, it is a decent balance. When blizzard balance a character due to outcries, the character is hit with a hammer and becomes over nerf or over buff.

2 Likes

I\m sorry but… what?

I may sound entitled in some form without meaning to, and i’m sorry if i do…

But i’ve been talking actively on this forum for a long long time… and all i wish for is some form of response from the developers that my own, AND Everyone else’s work and dedication can be acknowledged and otherwise worth while?

No where did i say i myself need validation.

Exactly this.

And yes, i am one of many people who took offence to phrases like:

When i have put in the time and effort to discuss here, and learn about the game and it’s community as a whole, Time and dedication that the developers clearly lack towards these subjects.

It’s basically a backhanded slap to everyone willing to log into the forums, saying:
“well this was useless even though we didn’t care to partake in it”

4 Likes

If you are trying to reference your thread, they clearly have been trying to improve him. They clearly hear that the community wants changes. Other than that? It is often complaining, some valid, other not. Nerf Tracer , buff Mercy, etc… .

It is just an unreliable source. It is also important to remember that the forums represents a small minority of the playerbase.

You got a chuckle out of me lol.

3 Likes

The forums represent seemingly one of the only vocal minorities of the playerbase, who wish to take their discussion directly to the developers, on their OWN Website.

Also no, i wasn’t just referencing my thread, AKA The one i posted but only had a very small influence in writing, but chose to keep track of regardless in my own time.

(Funny enough, it happens to be the first one there. Fun.)

I was referencing the countless threads (about 26) threads, that have reached over 1k responses, and therefore are “hot topics” And in all honesty, should deserve some attention if they have lasted that long, no matter if they are right, wrong, or simply bringing up problems… That’s the point.

Also…

If they were trying and actually making a conscious effort to improve Bastion, We should have had open discussion about the hero, well over a year ago.

The recent QoL Changes, tell me only that they wanted to keep it’s pickrate above 0.0%

1 Like

More communication from CMs is a fair point, but don’t try and tell me a large part of it isn’t people just being negative, whiny and overall making useless posts without provocation. The state of these forums are NOT the result of no communication.

Or popular streamers and pros? There are also people that ask doomfist nerfed up there you know.

Note: i dont support the nerfs for doomfist, personally i think they did too much nerfs to a good character.

And i also dont support any nerfs to genji. He’s already balanced currently.

Forums are means to communicate between blizz and the players. Not just players to players. Why bother make an offical forum if you didn’t communicate to the players?

Oh they do, and they’re probably scared to say anything since people will just explode at them.

1 Like

They didn’t even bother reply to a megathread they pinned themselves, even though there’s so many discussions going on there.

1 Like

This. Actually open discussion is just what most players wanted.
Bastion needs some changes, and what better way to discuss it other than with the players that had spend so many hours on him. But they didn’t even bother to discuss.

1 Like

nowkejf no no no no no no.

They might just be correcting grammar mistakes tho, you can’t really suspect this.

Yes, some (if not most) of them are negative, but even in threads that has healthy discussions, devs dont even bothered to reply. They mostly reply to something in an obscure, unrelated thread that doesn’t have any meaningful discussion in it, or only in threads that say thank you to them. How will healthy discussion with devs can happen if they keep doing it like that?
Even CMs aren’t actively communicating to the players even though it is their job.
With near to nil communications, no wonder the salt level keeps getting higher and higher. I still remember that the Old forum doesn’t have that much salty threads as the new forum.

I think that says more about the community than the company. The community is so toxic that they honestly don’t want to deal with them unless they have to.

They can still communicate to players, just not directly on the forums, but a one way communications from them to the players on their website through news and notices. Honestly, I would prefer this method if we get news more frequently from them.

As i said, their decision in ignoring the forums has a hand in creating more toxicity because of the salt levels.
If they don’t start to try to fix it, the who will? This is their OFFICIAL forum, for god’s sake.
Just putting a lid on it and forgetting it won’t fix anything.