Do Sombra mains even like the announced changes?

Personally I don’t care for the changes. I’ll judge when they get put on ptr.

1 Like

Every sec you are in stealth you aren’t contribution anything to your team …. as longer you stay invisible as more useless you become. At some point it’s just better to switch to a Tracer or what ever.

Nope. I much prefer the thread that sombra mains made in response to said changes. So regarding the Sombra changes - #6 by Neo-26680

400+hour Sombra here.

It absolutely IS a nerf.

Mainly because now her BOOSTED bonus speed has been reduced by a third.

4 Likes

Ana became hard out of meta around season 4, or almost a year now.

Could you explain the nerf? Is it the 75 to 50% movement speed?

The ideas were just thrown around in a forum post, maybe you should wait a bit before concluding anything.

cant contest, which is huge
Less movement speed while running means she losses access on key flank routes like hanamura, she flat out can’t go through the window on there, can’t hop through some places in volskaya, etc.
It’s specially important in hanamura.
Meanwhile she gained nothing as anyone that actually plays sombra knows you should try to use stealth as little as possible if you’re not trying to turtle, which is gone.
And translocator never needed a timer increase over those 20 secs, you translocate when youre low health, not because of time.
They also clearly stated that’s what they’re doing, and the buffs are scheduled to come either by tomorrow or friday, so no, they’re doing that.

1 Like

I don’t understand how people can call this a buff?
Now that Sombra is unable to contest objectives, she quite literally enters a separate “world” while stealthing. A sombra who uses Stealth now kinda dies because she can’t interact with the game anymore.

And her speed loss makes it worse, she now has to be in Stealth longer than she used to because she’s slower. And if you want to REALLY overextend and use your unlimited time, then you could also just jump off the map…both teams won’t notice a difference

2 Likes

It’s a nerf.

TL and Invis already have external limitations (hit points, duration and location of fights) that were well within their timed durations already. We don’t gain anything from these, but we do lose speed, we lose the ability to contest, and we lose time on replacing otherwise expired TL beacons.

3 Likes

No but im sure sym mains didn’t like their changes either so… like i’ll manage i think. I just don’t think this is a buff.

Not a Sombra main, but I’ve always found her fun to play—I guess I think the unlimited stealth sounds pretty good? When I’m trying to sneak behind the enemy, or even run up and hack health packs ahead of my team, I’ve previously felt like I had to drop translocator, go stealth, and then run like the devil was behind me to get to where I wanted to go before the invis wore off. While I can absolutely see how losing the speed may be frustrating, I feel like having unlimited stealth will allow me to be more careful, strategic, and unexpected with where and when I start sneaking.

But I’m a naturally cautious player on any hero, and not a Sombra main, so I defer to people who are more invested.

1 Like

I’m not a Sombra player but I always thought of stealth as something you use to get into a good position, wait for the right moment, then strike. Which the infinite timer definitely helps immensely. Doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff seems counterproductive to the idea of a stealthy character.

I very much respect that you said that. Wish more people (and blizz devs) were like you.

That’s where our problem lies. This ADDS to her downtime. That’s her biggest weakness, that in order to do something useful you leave your team fighting a 5 vs 6. Having MORE time in stealth solves nothing at all.

You know what a HUGE buff for sombra would look like? Make her base speed the same as tracer’s and genji’s. Would that be OP? I don’t know, mayyyybe? Make her reload when she translocates.

That’s what useful buffs would look like. Because they reduce her downtime, her time being useless. That’s her problem.

1 Like

Stealth is used to get past people, rarely anything else.
You want to be in stealth as less as possible because a sombra in stealth is doing nothing.
The only time sombra stealth was good as a mechanism by itself was when you wanted to back cap or contest and turtle.
I hope you can see how dumb this change is.

1 Like

Its a buff for new players picking her up because it makes her easier to play. A nerf for seasoned Sombra players knowing how to manage her timers.

1 Like

Well I disagree.

You cannot contest while in stealth, but you definitly can contest in other way. For example you can stay in steatlth while the last one of your teamates dies and reapper just a second to reactivates the overtime timer, then go back to stealth. Repeat. They would probably add a timer to stealth for this not being abuse, but still. Sombra will assure now that the objective is always going to be contested in the first place.

75% to 50% movement speed in exchange for infinite steath seems to be quite a good deal. I’m sure it will allow a lot of flanking option once properly tested. As for the window you can still throw your translocator thrown it…

Maybe your experience with old sombra blinds you a bit there. Infinite stealth = complete freedom, to be exactly where you want at any time.
Rather than attacking because stealth run out you can stay behind that Zen patiently wainting for a teamates to attack with you. You do not rely on coordination that much. God knowsthis is gonna be helpful in Ranked.

Sure, with the old SOmbra. The new one allow you a more wait and pounce at the appropriate time kind of playstyle.

Anyway Im just saying, lets wait and see.

1 Like

It’s not even a buff for new players, as it discourages the required sense of urgency to actually make her useful.

2 Likes

It’s a nerf over everyone, all it does is trap new players into sitting on stealth for 30 seconds “waiting” for the right shot, there’s no right shot, you’re a sombra and you’re forcing your team to a 5v6.
You’re a trash can that can sometimes shine with ult, not a tracer.

4 Likes

so we are all going to come here and pretend that infinite stealth and translocation isn’t a buff. got it

Great argument. 10/10