Do Sombra mains even like the announced changes?

I’m no Sombra main, but man this sounds pretty dumb. I can’t speak for experience as playing as her, but for playing against her I don’t personally think her flanking thing was an issue, rather things just not working the way it’s supposed to.

Also I saw a clip by Fitzy showing him hacking through Rein shield again after the latest patch, so I’m lost as to what’s going on now

1 Like

It’s actually a nerf, she gained nothing but lost a lot.
Fitzy and other sombra players are already showing their disappointment, if that’s the only sombra change they’re gonna make they completely missed the mark.
They didn’t even hint there was gonna be more changes so I’m devastated, this is like her 10th random pointless buff in a place that did not need it, classic.

15 Likes

Welcome to Anas world.

1 Like

nope! they can miss me with those changes. :roll_eyes:

Ana was a must pick and a meta revolved entirely around her for a good amount of time, even now it’s only been some months.
Sombra has been a running joke for almost 2 years now and the devs keep playing with random buffs that do nothing for her while instantly knee jerk nerfing her the ONE TIME SHE GOT EVEN CLOSE to be relevant.
All this while ignoring the community and the most glaring problem she has, just make her self reliant, give her some reliable damage.
That was ALL that was needed since the start, not random hack changes, not random infinite stuff that helps no one.

4 Likes

Like Blizzard even buffs a character correctly :joy:

This rework was unneeded. She just needed bug fixes

4 Likes

I don’t think infinite stealth time and translocator is a nerf.

6 Likes

When did Blizzard cared about what Sombra mains or even other characters mains think?

But I’ve got faith in the developers, because they know things we don’t…

1 Like

Her lurking in backline were never a problem. If you are good you can do it easly. More of her problems was delays in her kit. Turn invis? Delay. Translocator? Lag behind.
Still it will be pointless if you can decloak her with trash damage. When on battlefiled bullets fly all over.

3 Likes

I’m seeing it as a positive; it’s less of a buff and more of a huge quality-of-life change.

Stealth and the Translocator were always clunky abilities that could sometimes be tiresome to manage. This just makes them a lot more versatile.

As for contesting the objective…that was always a minor perk, not a major part of Sombra’s kit. It was good for two or three seconds at best, in niche situations. If I’m allowed as much invisibility as I need to get to wherever I want, and I can recall my translocator, I’ll take the trade.

I still don’t think this makes her meta, or super strong, but it’s at least a start, with more changes hopefully on the way . Saying Sombra is worse off now is kinda disingenuous.

4 Likes

Well you know Sombra almost become viable, guess who has not even come close to that since her nerfs ? You guessed it. Ana.

At this point in the game i don’t know how the devs managed to get the game running at all. Not once have they admitted mistakes or own up to their faults. Instead they blame players and play vicitm while their game bleeds players.

6 Likes

It’s only a buff if you don’t know how sombra works.
Her cooldowns are already so low translocator was basically always up.
You NEVER used full translocate timer, you were limited by your health and the risk of dying, not translocator timer.
You want to be on stealth THE LESS AMOUNT OF TIME POSSIBLE, why?
Because stealth does nothing, you’re doing nothing, you’re running around not doing damage, not hacking, not building ult.
So of course, blizz decided to make these infinite?
What does she gains?
What sombra problems does this addresses?
Meanwhile she lost a nice little extra in that she could contest while stealthed and a GIGANTIC loss on movement speed nerf, this means that she can’t go through certain chokes anymore UNLESS you risk going through the spammy choke, while a single 1 point of damage will uncloak you.
For example

Ok, so go make an ana thread.
I don’t know why you have to specifically come to a sombra thread, see the gigantic problem this did and try to derail it into ana for no reason.

14 Likes

They need to fix her bugs, before changing her kit. LOS bugs still exist

1 Like

It’s not a nerf, but it’s not a buff ether. That is not what she needed and if there isn’t more coming the rework allready failed.

1 Like

Scroll up and tell me how that’s not a nerf.
Being able to not do that is a straight up nerf, now I either have to sacrifice translocator cooldown (which people can see, attack the landing spot, decloak and kill me because trans is on cd) or try to go through the choke through a million bullets with 25% less movement speed.

I’m reserving my opinion for when we actually see the changes being played. It may sound bad on paper but actually be good in execution and probably vise versa, we just have to wait and see.

4 Likes

There were Situation when i attacked someone in the backline and he had 10hp left but i needed to translocate because the timer was at 1sec or you were not in the best position for EMP but you decloaked …. it’s rare, but this changes can have an advantage. But the speed nerf that comes with it compensates for it …

4 Likes

I am not a Sombra main. I have always wanted to be, but having to constantly balance her timers just was not a playstyle I enjoyed.

I am very excited about the changes, and am looking forward to playing her, possibly even making her my new go to character over Soldier; which is huge to me.

The idea of a stealth hit and run type is very appealing to me, as long as it doesnt involve juggling timers.

1 Like

Sombra main here :slight_smile:
I am a bit conflicted about these changes, as i get the impression that this makes her alot more reliant on her team. It sounds like they incourage her to be more passive and selective, which means less engaging.
It just confuses me a bit as they didn’t like how mercy disengaged, back in the day, to rez people.

So they dodnt want support being encouraged to disengage, but they fine with damage doing it.

I have my fears at the moment, but i wait and see i have been pleasantly suprised before