Do people actually want Bastion viable?

If you’re gonna put Sentry on a massive cooldown, Recon needs to be really really good. Like, nearly Soldier level good. And at that point, you’re just making Soldier v2 with a high damage button… He should stay focused around Sentry primarily, but not be encouraged to stay in it forever…

That’s one of the main reasons that Ironclad was a mistake. It encourages players to stay in Sentry mode for the damage resist instead of playing like he did before by repositioning all the time… I would be absolutely fine with them either removing Ironclad all together, or combining it with self-repair so that he only gets damage resist when repairing. Then he would be encouraged to swap modes much more often because he isn’t safer in Sentry mode than he is in Recon, they’re both the same.

Cough Our thread about tank on E cough

I agree with this, although, I think that there are many ways at adding to recon that wouldn’t make him soldier 2.0. I really think that buffing recon, and having a temporary ultra high damage fixed position mode would be better overall for the game.

bastion isnt even unfun to play against because he is so bad, sombra and brigitte are

Sorry, I think I replied to the wrong orange cat icon.

I still wouldn’t want them to go this route, I’d much rather have his other modes (plural because I like the Tank on E rework) be incentive enough to switch from Sentry. But if they did do it, I think 12 seconds would still be way too long… 4-5 seconds would be much better…

Also consider that Bastion is immune to boops while in Sentry mode, giving him good use other than a high damage dealer… He would be great against the (probably upcoming) “Hammond, D.va, Winston” meta because he wouldn’t be pushed around, and he could just focus on tank busting.

1 Like

I would change it but i doesn’t seem to be linked to in-game icon as I changed mine long ago.

K, sorry for the confusion. Btw, as much as being niche sucks, sometimes it really is unavoidable.

I do see your point, but 4-5 seconds doesnt really solve the innate problems with a fixed murderbox that is either too strong or too weak without a middle ground.

It doesnt solve Pirate Ship, it doesnt solve constructing bastion support cheese comps, and those are real problems that also surround his current condition.

The best way to “solve” pirate ship is to buff it’s counters, not nerf it’s components. I almost never see a pirate ship anyway, I don’t think it’s really a problem. How did they “fix” dive? They added a better counter, they didn’t just nerf D.va, Winston, etc. It’s better to just make it more counterable than to nerf it all together.

They’ve already buffed (I’m gonna call it a buff after the recent changes, at least on payload maps) Sombra, especially her hack, making her much better at countering it. Mei can also counter it pretty well, especially with her piercing freeze (though they still need to fix cryo-freeze). Hanzo is pretty good at countering it, and he’s even meta at the moment. Junkrat counters it fairly well too, especially with his rip tire being up every 3.5 seconds…

I think sentry damage and spread is a fine. Its just the fact that he’s immobile and the amount of time it takes him to get out of sentry to move without dying.

His spread is the worst part of his kit. He only needs 0.5 seconds to leave Sentry mode, I don’t think that’s his problem. His problem is that he needs to leave Sentry mode even when he should be able to win a fight.

If he’s caught in a Hanzo dragon or something, then yeah, his transform speed can get him killed, but it’s fast enough for him to react and move out of the way of the dragon before it even gets to him.

I’ll post it again so you can see just how bad his spread is… It’s completely insane for a hero that’s supposed to be shooting from such a far range…

Training dummy stats

Distance Tests RTK Std Dev TTK DPS DPR Miss Spread
0m 0 13.3 0 0.44 450 15 0% 0'0"
20m 50 20.7 1.71 0.69 290.42 9.68 35.5% 3'5"
25m 50 26.5 2.98 0.88 226.76 7.56 49.6% 4'3"
30m 50 30.6 4.16 1.02 195.69 6.52 56.5% 5'2"
35m 50 43.5 9.19 1.45 137.87 4.60 69.4% 6'0"
40m 50 50.6 9.13 1.69 118.48 3.95 73.7% 6'10"

RTK: Rounds to kill (measured in bullets)
TTK: Time to kill (measured in seconds)
DPS: Damage per second (measured in damage / 1 second)
DPR: Damage per round equivalent (total damage / rounds fired)
Miss: Percentage of bullets that missed (lower is better)
Spread: Diameter of the circle at the given distance (measured in feet)

Hammond’s maximum range is 25 meters, and his spread starts off at a little under half Bastion’s, and maxes out at 33% of Bastion’s. And Bastion doesn’t even get the chance to control his spread, it’s always at maximum. His gun goes out of it’s way to reward poor aim and control, which is just an awful mechanic.

His damage is fine IMO, it’s just his damage delivery that sucks. I would be absolutely fine with keeping his damage the way it is (as in not adding headshots), but his spread needs to be changed. I also wouldn’t mind either a slight damage decrease and give headshots back, or give 1.5x headshots back, and keep his damage where it’s at. Again though, I like his damage where it’s at, he does plenty I think, he just can’t hit anything.

1 Like

You have that on a notepad ready to copy paste, heh ?

I opened up my other thread and copied it from there… notepad would be much easier though…

I’d like to see him viable, but him being viable keeps Hanzo viable because the best way to deal with Bastion is long range burst damage.

1 Like

I want Bastion to be viable because it will add more options for heroes to play.
More options = more fun.

SOMEONE SAID IT!
It’s a miracle!

On console in low ellos he has a very high pick rate and pretty much dictates how you have to play. It’s quite boring.

Well, very high as in like 2% in Bronze. 1.2% in Silver…

The smaller spread we’re proposing will probably change that.
Thing is, the bigger the spread, the easier to aim with a controller and hit some dmg…