Do Mercy players honestly think

That the devs are going to start another whole long drawn-out rework on Mercy.

Before working on heroes like Hanzo, Symmetra, Torbjorn, Doomfist, Bastion, Ana?

25 Likes

Yes (my dude) yes they do so do i

5 Likes

I don’t expect changes before or after any hero. I just expect changes. I’ll take em as they come.

In the mean time I’ll still play her, and hopefully when sym is viable I can play her again too

20 Likes

All they care about is mercy. That’s it.

2 Likes

I’m not a Mercy main, but I also wonder this.

Like, I want them to have that…but it just isn’t feasible atm. Now that Mercy is technically balanced albeit a lot less fun, there are other heroes who are so underpowered that they are also unfun.

Balanced & unfun is less priority than Undpowered & unfun IMO.

Eventually, I hope they do give her some love.

12 Likes

I mean Mercy is pretty viable. Yeah, you can’t press Q to instantly win anymore, but she’s still the most consistent single-target healer in the game.

While it would be nice for her to be tweaked a bit, we’ve got some heroes that are borderline unplayable that could use help before one of the best heroes in the game…

2 Likes

Uhm no.
Please don’t try to generalize all mercy players as a hive mind

8 Likes

I’m a mercy player, therefore all I care about is mercy. Nice logic :confused:

4 Likes

She’s not “technically” balanced, she IS balanced

3 Likes

I’m not disagreeing. I just never feel comfortable saying things 100% objectively, and I say technically because people often correlate balance and fun.

We’re mercy mains honey we just want our girl to be fun and fixed

4 Likes

I agree with you 100%

There are very few choices for playing a primary healer in the game. So it’s probably important that those few heroes are in a good spot in regard to both fun and balance. Mercy should be a priority, as well as Ana. When comparing Pre-rework Mercy to Current Mercy, she has lost roughly 40% of her play. That is immensely significant. Mercy’s current play rate is not healthy for a hero that was once played the most before they were powerful and “meta”.

The developers promised “likely iterations”, even after the latest string of nerfs. They never came. At this point, it feels that Mercy was abandoned. She is an unfinished project. Smart players should see this as a warning of what is likely to happen to other heroes once they become targeted for rework. Everyone should want Mercy to be more completed. It sets a good precedence, and it’s healthy for the game to have more people wanting to heal.

Mercy was changed due to “unfun” mechanics. Statistically, she was well picked but was objectively far weaker than the likes of Ana (before dive), Lucio, and Zen. Now that Mercy players are saying she is “unfun”, people just want to quote statistics. It comes off as being very hypocritical and is frustrating to many players. That’s why Mercy continues to have a high volume of feedback directed towards her.

15 Likes

I’ll bite.

What fix? What would make it more fun?

The argument “the devs are too busy working on other heroes” makes no sense. Blizzard is a huge company with billions of annual revenue, not some indie dev with 10 employees in total.

5 Likes

That’s their expectation and when it doesn’t happen they will claim blizzard hates mercy and is ignoring them. :man_shrugging:t5:

They left those heroes in a certain state so long I figured they were happy with it. They’ve been tweaking Mercy since the game came out. It would be weird if they suddenly did change those heroes without messing with Mercy too.

I doubt it’ll be a full rework like Sym’s was and will be. She’s balanced but boring now. Hanzo and Sym will get their reworks as soon as they’re ready, top priority. Doomfist…I don’t know what the team wants to do with him, so there’s no telling. Torb and Bastion don’t need reworks IMO. Ana needs minor buffs, but isn’t in need of reworking.
The team has stated lots of times in the past that they want everything to be fun. that might be their lowest core value, but it’s still a core value. I think they had an idea with Valk, but it ended up being too OP. And to get it to a balanced state, “Valkyrie” became “Moth”…dull, drab, and boring.

2 Likes

lol you don’t know the work schedule or priorities at blizzard to even speak on that though. You blizzard management now?:joy:

They are actually pretty small, with only about 100 employees.

Many of which are in very specialized fields. Can’t expect character artists to do a programmers job.