Do Mercy players honestly think

All I can say is, at least she is in a balanced state. At least she isn’t trash and underpowered.

She might not be as fun, but she is still very viable, viable enough to work on other heroes. She still needs work, so lets hope she gets what she needs in the near future.

But until then, I think she is ok.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s so much “they’re too busy”. I just think it’s…you know, the perception?

If there are 4 heroes who are in dire need of changes, and that is universally accepted because their stats, gameplay, and reviews are all indicating they’re in an awful place, they should typically be in front.

If a hero who was previously overpowered and was statistically brought to a balanced state was given another balance change before those heroes, who are acknowledged by the community as in dire need of help…it’d just look crappy.

Like, this hero that has been a balance focus for 6+ months gets another balance change, while heroes who have been in an awful state for 1+ year haven’t gotten theirs yet.

It’s not a, “wait your turn” thing, it’s just…it would look bad. They can do whatever they feel is right, but that would just be perceived as further neglecting said heroes.

1 Like

No, nobody ever said they should stop reworking other heroes to work on Mercy but you can’t get that through your thick skull.

1 Like

mercy is finally balanced, doesn’t need changes, doesn’t need buffs, doesn’t need nerfs, she’s the third most picked hero overall, so blizzard needs to rework hanzo, symm, torb, and bastion, and buff ana, as well as fix more bugs for doomfist.

I don’t expect changes anytime soon. But I also don’t want them to think we’re okay with her. (I think valk needs to be more engaging/interactive than mere holding the mouse button for 15 seconds as switching main targets has zero incentives). That being said, it’s not like I’ve stopped having fun with her so meh.

comparing a hero when they where a must pick 100% of the time to her being balanced, does not mean she needs a buff, just because a healer was better than every other healer at some point, doesn’t mean they have to be the best again.

The thing is, Mercy doesn’t need a full blown rework again. She just needs a revert and some tweaks applied, nothing that takes more than a week at the very most.

Even if they just put it on the PTR for a few months, that’ll be enough to satisfy mercy mains.

4 Likes

Please re-read my post.

Pre-rework Mercy vs. Present Mercy.

2 Likes

I think they’ve had enough with Mercy at this point so I can’t see them touching her for a while.

Why do you keep posting this?

17% pickrate Mercy was horrible for the game. And Ana buffs and Moira launch was good for the game.

How in the world do you get it in your head that being the #3 most-picked character in the game is a bad pickrate?

Mercy does not need a revert.

They unnecessarily reworked her once? Why not twice?

1 Like

still doesn’t need a buff, a hero with top 3 pickrate in the game doesn’t need a buff, mercy doesn’t need a buff, d.va doesn’t need a buff, and moira doesn’t need a buff.

wasn’t unnecessary, when someone took the skill to kill 5 of the enemy players with their ult (likely using 2-3 total ults in the process) and then the mercy who was just playing hide and seek, not even helping her teammates swoops in and uses a very fast charging ult to completely undo what that person just did, that is just broken mechanics.

You keep posting the same things too man…You’re honestly one of the most annoying posters on this forum and I disagree with virtually everything you say. But I do my best to stay civil with you.

It’s about context. Please, if you’re going to quote stats at least try and understand them. I’m not trying to be condescending here. I’m trying to be objective with the numbers.

If X is popular, but has poor outcomes, logic should state that there are factors other than outcomes accounting for its popularity.

Think of this as a baseline. If you don’t know what a baseline is, please, do some googling on statistics and scientific analysis.

After a time, X was changed. Now that popularity has dropped tremendously from its baseline.

This implies that the factors that once accounted for the popularity of X have now been compromised.

When one looks at the qualitative data and combines it with the quantitative data, it should paint a good picture of those factors impacting X.

This will likely be my last post I make to you.

But for the love of all that is good, sane, and logical in this world, do yourself a favor and read up on basic statistics and scientific analysis before you post again.

Thank you.

No mercy mains are saying keep focusing on my hero that I only want to play even though there are other more pressing issues. It’s pretty selfish actually. Yo could even say petulant. And it’s not even the fact that they want attention how they go about doing it. The constant spam threads asking for a revert that will never happen because only they want it. I don’t mercy mains have built up a bad reputation on here as being annoying. They are literally trying to whine till they get their way. Fine if you want to to that but understand that it will rub everyone else the wrong way.

Ana got buffed, Moira launched.

Mercy lost “marketshare”.

That’s not a problem.

The idea that it is a problem is completely unreasonable.

I just hope they’re aware that standing for 2seconds in order to rez someone is nothing but fun…

I don’t ask they work on her NOW, I just ask they don’t give her up as she actually is, a heal bot forced to hide all the fkg time…

I had an idea during her rework. Copying Torb system.

Make her rez a ressource bar she fullfils healing. This bar could have several levels, so she could rez several ppl in a certain radius.

Another idea, she could use her rez ressource to put a rez buff on her allies (like … 1 lvl bar = 1 rez buff, 2 lvl bar = 2 rez buffs etc…). If the ally she buffed dies, he’s rezzed. But if Mercy dies before, the rez buff is lost.

It’s just ideas, but I think it would be way more funnier and strategic. She would not be a heal bot, standing like a tree asking to be shot. She would be active, working her precious rezs.

Just revert her…i don’t even care about the flying crap she does, i just want to HEROES NEVER DIE again

1 Like

Mercy isn’t useless, she’s just not as useful and no longer a must pick. Now that rez is useless to use in teamfights, people are looking more towards supports that can heal through teamfights better, like moira.

So if they do change anything about mercy, it will be quite some time before she gets anything done to her, because other heroes are in much worse states than she is.

Symmetra still hasn’t been picked once in OWL, and i’m glad they’ve elevated her rework to come after Hanzo’s.