Do Echo mains exist?

Dumb question I know lol. But has anyone ever come across an Echo main in-game? I feel like every other new hero had their share of mains a few weeks after release. But I legitimately have not encountered anyone I can call an Echo main.

8 Likes

Actually true though, Never seen an Echo main ever.

So weird, you’d think a cool hero like echo would be “mained” more.

8 Likes

I don’t consider anyone my “main” but echo is my most played dps hero already even though I’ve been playing since launch

There’s a few people here who I think are Echo mains but I haven’t exactly combed their post history to check if they ever said it themselves.

But yeah, for a while the masses couldn’t even use her effectively. Wasn’t until the time I posted this:

that I even saw people who could right click properly.

I don’t main her but she’s one of my main heroes, too bad I suck with her primary though.

2 Likes

I swear that primary is so freaking hard to use loll

maybe because i have 5 hours on her :grimacing:

9 Likes

Honestly I think she’s one of the easier dps heroes to play. Probably the easiest hero to land headshots with other than torb, Bombs are super versatile, laser is good and for most uses it only needs to be on the enemy for a fraction of it’s duration to secure the kill, and the ult rewards playing several heroes over onetricking

Her ult has a chance/inconsistency/unreliability aspect. Do you really expect anyone to main her in the community that couldn’t handle the HW/Volsk elevators sometimes being up when they wanted to use them?

Why would anyone main her? She’s like playing Genji with more work and less reward. And her personality is the equivalent of a brick wall

1 Like

If her MVP skin is god tier I will convert to a Echo main.

I always had an itch for her.

2 Likes

Sorry but im gonna have to stop you there chief, she doesnt require more work than genji lmao, but she can get good results. Better than genji if anything.

3 Likes

lmaooooooo a beam that ramps up to 200 dps at half health is just a better dash, if I see an enemy genji on the team you can see me press h and switch to echo because I am not playing that character if I can just copy him just to get blade

3 Likes

I like her skins and gameplay. Not sure if I want to main her.

She def gets waaay more than Genji, even if the floor is astronomically high.

The brick wall part is a valid complaint though.

Yeah but she’s sooo easy to deny. Her hitbox is so big you’d have to actively TRY not to hit her, plus her mobility is so loud you’d have to part deaf to not hear her. Hell you don’t even have to go hitscan against her.

I’m pretty excited for the MVP skin, don’t really know that much about the player though so I have no idea what the theme will be

1 Like

Embarrassingly actually cannot recall who it is. In fact I have no idea who gets these MVP skins.

I just think they look really cool.

she floats so she has no foot steps, really good with maps with vertical cover and being air borne isn’t necessary

not sure not going hitscan at all can make her “easy” to deny, but i get your point how she has to be close to do good dmg. although it kinda stinks how those two can do work, echo can get better value than genji but, a half decent hitscan against her and she’s gonna have issues.

I wish I could’ve main hero like echo, but I can not live without consistent dink sound.