Do Echo mains exist?

Yes, if fact I AM an echo main. I have over 100 hours on her. She is honestly the reason I started playing again she’s so fun.

5 Likes

She’s really good rn though.

Healers are countering Echo very well. Just heal someone over 50% and Echo is not doing anything. On top of that odd movement and projectile aim make the hero exhausting to play.
Not a bad hero, but I can see why people would grow tired of Echo quickly.

1 Like

Considering how new she still is, her ult, and her difficulty, I’m not surprised.

At 230 hours of maining Doomfist I used Echo in comp and destroyed with her after losing like 600 sr playing Doomfist this season while only having like 6 hours on Echo total. I bought her golden gun immediately and I think I’m becoming an Echo main.

1 Like

In a way, we’re all Echo mains, we just play very selective parts of her

3 Likes

Yes, go to r/EchoMains, they have a discord aswell.

I was thinking that Echo came out late and by this time, most players had already established their kit and main heroes. (And there aren’t too many new players as the game is quite old).

…Winston on the other hand, well I’ve only seen 1-2 Winston mains in these forums. I remember seeing the official Winston thread with only one person posting. :thinking:

Echo is the ‘main’ of a career flex player. If you know how to use a lot of heroes well, her ult is impactful. If you don’t though, her ult is just a second life. It would be weird to see an echo main, but she really is the DPS of choice for a ‘jack of all trades’ player.

1 Like

They’re all in high ranks.

Get to masters and you’ll start to get the echo abusers.

1 Like

Ive seen Echo-main players in comp. But it was before the nerfs. Because after the neffs I barely play the game lol

I’ve seen smurf Echo only accounts, I love playing Echo she’s great for attacking high ground and Anubis

Hello I main echo

As secondary

Sombra too good y know?

2 Likes

echo is a solid choice… when sombra is on the other team to duplicate :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve made threads to help people because this forum always complained about not knowing how to play her only for those threads to be ignored :))

I have been summoned

3 Likes

I have met some and also look at the top dps in America Dante’s he mains echo

Sombra actually requires a lot of set up and positioning for her ult, which is something that’s nearly impossible to do in just 15 seconds. You have to grind your ult, get into a decent position, and then ult. Plus Echo announces that she’s swapping and the enemy will see that she’s Sombra, and then target her accordingly.

If you’re going for disruption, Hammond is a much better option.

While she’s fun, she’s imo way too hard to play for how easy she is to counter. It’s like they tried to merge Genji’s fighting style but with pharah’s floaty mobility and it just doesnt really work. I feel like she might work better if she had a shield or something but right now she’s more a hero id pick for fun than to actually counter someone or something.

I feel like she could make a good tank buster, but her main tank busting tool requires way too much exposure to them on top of her being an already very easy target.

guess that depends on how you play sombra and what the enemy team is made up of. duplicating sombra into double shield would be hard to built ult quickly, but between with a ball and a sombra on the red team im picking sombra because i can disable both of them, whereas if i pick ball the enemy sombra could hack me. hacking ball as echo-sombra is also virtually a guaranteed free EMP, not to mention positiong the EMP with translocator as echo-sombra you can be super risky because if the play kills your ult you just go back into echo for with full cooldowns and an escape

if there isnt a red sombra, ball would be a fantastic choice for duplicating