Discussion about homophobia

Dont get sassy now xD

1 Like

Yeah everyone so far has had enough common sense to ignore the troll.

…well, almost everyone

“Homophobia is not a phobia” is a quote falsely attributed [to Morgan] [Freeman]. Although it’s entirely accurate. Homophobia is not a phobia as people who hate gays don’t fear them. In fact there are many people nowadays who don’t hate or fear gays but who still admit homosexuality is not natural but saying such gets you instantly branded as a “homophobe” because anything criticizing homosexuality (even if on a scientific basis) is instantly met with disdain from the gay and atheist community who advocate [biphobia] and misogyny.

Homophobia is not a phobia. [Cringing] at two men kissing does not mean [you’re gay], hate gays or fear gays. Finding disgust with the idea does not mean you’re gay, hate gays or fear gays. Liking the idea of two men kissing means you’re gay. If you find yourself defending homosexuality, getting offended over the word fa**ot and taking offense to jokes at the expense of gay people then you’re probably a [closet gay]

2 Likes

I don’t think thats the case. Similar posts were met with disagreement and questions - regardless of how obvious the bait was. Like this topic, for example. You get a lot of information from just watching interactions.

Some controversial stuff y’got there but I see what you’re aiming at, albeit a bit bold for the target audience to accept. I’m pretty straight myself, yet defend homosexuality due to freedom and fairness; honestly, if they want to be married and miserable like others, then why not…? Its a right. On the other hand, I take no offense at any jokes, considering those I know who are indeed gay say the same things. Its probably a generational and/or mental gap here. I’m guessing some people are just too soft for the current world that we live in?

1 Like

Not always. Obvious bait, no bite. But I’m sure it’s some evil homosexual plot to… Idk what it is you think we do but I’m sure it’s nonsense.

But continue with the “research” schtick you have going on, it’s at least funnier than the other stuff

I 100% agree. It’s time for GAYmers to rise up to defeat Homophobia, Transphobia, acrophobia, aerophobia, arachnophobia, astraphobia, autophobia, claustrophobia, hemophobia, ophidiophobia, zoophobia, onomatophobia, alektorophobia, pogonophobia, nephophobia, cryophobia, Aichmophobia, Arithmophobia, Bibliophobia, Cyberphobia, Dendrophobia, Ephebiphobia, Gamophobia, Heliophobia, Podophobia

AND most importantly: Hydrophobia. You see any Hydrophobes saying they much prefer chugging soda to water, you make sure to check their H20 privilege.

1 Like

Rest assured - I will. Some people can’t even have a discussion that isn’t going in their favor without resorting to snide remarks and insults while textually battling for their cause. I’m sure it looks familiar, as I see it everywhere since the “event”. They get pulled out of shape - but pulled back into true character when upset. You can pick out a genuine, equal-opportunity speaker from a heavily biased, dogmatic one who demands fairness while giving none.

I’ve been on a mission to understand people - why they act the way they do when given an ounce of stimuli.

But sure, masking it with humor helps as well. Communication is also part of the “schtick”. You have my thanks for participating.

1 Like

Lmfao anytime, I’m always down to watch pseudo intellectuals do their thing, it’s always good for a laugh. I’m sure we’re all waiting on the edge of our seats for your academic paper on the subject

1 Like

We’re on the Overwatch Forums. None of us are particularly bright.

homophobia is not a real word , that is your first problem.a phobia is something you are scared of…I don’t know anyone scared of gays.

You’re wrong. Try again.

2 Likes

You haven’t met my dad.

This thing is still going?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s slowly slithering back into its dark holes. Of course only until the next ‘controversy’ and then it’ll return

1 Like
1 Like

Sistor, Have you been outside?? have you like read anything about gay ppl, guess not because you obviously don’t know what homophobia means hehe!!

People still doing this lmao? This was an outdated and garbage schtick back when I was in middle school.

1 Like

I got banned because I created a topic called “let’s talk about minorities!” and I was actually speaking about left handed people and not soldier…! (Guess which social group spam flagged me for trolling)

P.S The topic deleted while there were more than 20 replies and there was a normal discussion going on.