Director's Take: Talking tanks and upcoming hero balance changes

Maybe bring Lucio dmg from 18 > 17?

2 Likes

so in super short version, they are trying to make tanks tanky and considering broad and individual adjustments to make them more tanky, because in their data the tanks die more than they would like,

sounds ok,

but… do you know what would sound even better?

6v6 that’s right you heared me the 6v6 gamemode that ruled the first 6 years of the game and was marginally better than what we have, didn’t really require drastic balance changes either, at least to tanks to keep them somewhat relevant, with additional note in case people forgot or don’t know, is that tanks weren’t unpopular because of balance reasons.

just a thought, didn’t even take longer than one minute to write this,

it’s cool each tank is aimed to be more tanky, but how is that possible without turning them into raidboss? that’s a good question

if tank is good enough that it doesn’t no longer need constant support attention from both support heroes,

what happens if they receive the double support attention anyway?

15 Likes

Well, if this article is anything to go by, I guess it’s because LW’s one of the Hogs of the support role, and not a Rein.

1 Like

Gosh the devs unintentionally justified people assertions that complaining enough WILL guarantee a hero stays bad.

It was an unspoken thing that community sentiment keeps widely “annoying” heroes down (Sombra Sym)

But now they actually said it

21 Likes

nobody wants 6v6, it’s a terrible mode that merely survived 6 years of OW, had numerous players play it, had more fluidity in tank role, things weren’t extreme, it didn’t need DPS passive, tanks didn’t have to be huge hunks of steel/meat to hold a frontline

wait that actually sounds good

25 Likes

To be fair we knew this already. Back in season two, they said that they nerfed Hog even though their stats showed that he wasn’t doing very well. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

As an aside, I won’t be surprised if Sombra’s one of the “slippery” heroes that’s going to get their total HP nerfed.

3 Likes

I actually think this is bat… guano insane. What is the point of a diverse roster if there’s just heroes that are never good.

As for Lifeweaver, the playerbase greatly exaggerates for him and it should be very obvious that a strong LW isnt as disruptive as, say, a strong Ana. There’s just no way that people unironically think this when it’s just grip they moan about. Lifeweaver is complained about because he has a reputation of being weak… because blizzard cannot buff him correctly.

2 Likes

There fixed it for you, the only counter argument of 6v6 not coming back are moot point of “bUt mUh QuUe tImeS” how about yall play another role?

6v6 GOTY OW
5V5 OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE REVIEWS WITH 14% score on steam

Sure buddy, totally had nothing to do they let the game die on the lasts years

9 Likes

Their going to make Tanks MORE tanky. As if loads of people aren’t already complaining about tanks feeling immortal in some games. Good lord…this’ll be bad.

6 Likes

Lifeweaver is broken my guy. His design is worse than Kiriko or Baptiste

1 Like

have you tried reading the small text?

“but in my little brain, I believe that if 1+1=2 then Q times will quadruple if we came back to 6v6, because you see nobody is playing tank, and obviously, I don’t care about tanks, and at the same time, complain about tanks, and at the same time, wonder why nobody is playing tanks, and at the same time…”

7 Likes

i think you missed the point of their post big dog

4 Likes

This post is completely unrelated and totally random and has nothing to do with anything:

Nerf Moira, she’s annoying.
Nerf Sombra, she’s annoying.

Just, uuh, you know, putting it out there.

Idk what game their playing where tanks aren’t ‘Tanky’ feeling. I’m convinced theres not a single person on their team past like, idk high plat, low diamond. There can’t be if they seriously still think that garbage.

1 Like

And some forumers claimed she was net buffed lmao… insanity

1 Like

It’s the fact that it’s so inconsistent. I had a game yesterday where my Rein died before I realized anything happened. And I mean really, before I realized. He died and I was looking around wondering if he was behind me or something and I just imagined him being in front.

Sometimes they feel unkillable, other times they die in a second. Though whether the devs realize that or only see one extreme… I guess we’ll find out.

2 Likes

I wrote a post about this what makes an aggroweaver, It basically boiled down to confidence, and a orimal urge to know when to kill, in arcade when I had my full powers back.

Lifeweaver lives in this state of constant “Moments” a hero that’s badly designed as a support shouldn’t require as much thought and experience and skill to slaughter every single person on the enemy team.

I was on I think Esperancha, every moment I saw I was able to get a kill I took it every single time, ended the match with 20 kills.

Of course I did I had the experience, knowledge and reaction time to do it.

He’s without a doubt the best designed hero outside of Junker queen in ow2, and because I don’t have to focus on heals and aim that much I can focus on multiple other things.

If your skilled with Lifeweaver he’s the kind of character that expands on that skill, however when the base of the character is badly balanced welllll no matter what you put into him you just won’t ever get as much value as the rest

1 Like

I think they talk about survivability, because her winrate with 50% is nothing to brag about. But then again, she was always good at surviving.

AND cherry on top their thinking of toning down the DPS passive. So…not only are you making tanks MORE oppressive, not only have you made playing support a living HELL since you made monkey and ball better and toning down their hard counters to boot, your trying to make DPS less effective against them across the board too.

These guys are trying to kill this game.

Last night I literally had a hog RUN THROUGH MY TEAM VAPING without dying. Not tanky enough my backside, their just desperate to retain what little tank base they still have.

7 Likes

I am sorry, but making tanks weaker and requiring to at least have DOUBLE the amount of tank players with weaker tanks is not the way to do it.

1 Like