Director’s Take: Addressing Unapproved Peripherals on Consoles

I haven’t played on console in a looooong time, but I’m still thrilled about this news because it’s huge :star_struck:

1 Like

Sony supports keyboard and mouse directly. I’m pretty sure that any bans will run afoul of your agreement with them.

https:// www .playstation.com/en-ca/support/hardware/keyboard-mouse-ps5/

1 Like

I bought BG3 on Xbox, it doesn’t support M&K. It’s a console version. Would Sony force BG3 devs to revamp their console game to suit PS5’s M&K policy? Nope

Sony gives the game designers the option to support m&k. They aren’t required to.

They say it’s rampant at the top but gold and plat have a bunch of ximmers. I’m sure it will be overall in all ranks.

2 Likes

Doubt it, because the issue has nothing to do with sony’s kbm native support. Blizz does not allow the game to use kbm to actually PLAY the game, only thing you can do is type in chat at the most on PS.

1 Like

Probably some form of machine learning witchcraft. Someone who is using a device for accessibility reasons is going to be playing differently from someone who is using a device to cheat

2 Likes

I don’t know what aimbot/wallhack punishments are on PC. They should probably be similar imo

Ok, so it appears they are going to action high level console play, so they are gearing this towards competitive, in which console can only play against console. But what about Xim users in QP PC lobbies. Are you now saying that this is ok? There didn’t seem to be any mention of this, only for console competitive.

So, are you saying that xim is acceptable in PC lobbies?

I assume that it may be easier to detect it on pc, or at least are looking into that too probably.

Kinda nuts to think that there are people that use xim on the pc version tho lol.

1 Like

So if you’re not very good even though you have xim, it’s okay? But if you get good, it’s not okay?

Sorry - don’t mean those as rhetorical questions directed at you. I was thinking along the same lines as what you posted, but that raised the questions above.

You’re not wrong. Masters to t500 are heavily invested into using Xim Matrix etc.

This was something i called out they were planning to do a couple months back and was met by the angry wall of Xim Matrix defenders, harassing and insulting me for not knowing what i was talking about :rofl:

Don’t forget to add FoV slider to ps5

I’ve been asking for 5 years for them to add official KbM support and FOV slider to ps5 so i can play in PC lobbies, i mean it had crossplay, COD has Input based MM, Fortnite doing KbM on ps5 very good. I don’t own powerful enough laptop to sustain 60 fps, i would gladly play KbM on ps5. Maybe i finally will.

This is unfair to people who need an unfair advantage over competition. Please reconsider.

5 Likes

How will this effect me and my custom Wii remote controller?

2 Likes

No one on this rock uses Xim Matrix etc for accessibility reasons. M&K is far less ergonomically designed than a controller as well. They use these hardware hacks for the sole purpose of using injected scripts such as no-recoil script, boosted aim assist and more, because these hardware hacks come with a firmware that can be configured with almost no limits.

1 Like

Huh, great news. Thanks.

Nah, give em what they deserve I say.

Until the seperate pools are established, it is strictly cheating and you get what’s coming to ya

I’d like instant, permanent bans

Allowing use of KBM and people using unauthorized software to get around the disallowed use of KBM are two different things my guy

3 Likes