Director’s Take – Mixing Up the Meta in Midseason

I hate how Lifeweaver has to be buffed for the majority but also for people like us, since the healing takes longer I’m probably very easily gonna punish people who try and charge that s*** but my god do I wish us and them didn’t share this hero.

I would love literally any other change like Lifegrip cool down reduction or petal cool down reduction something that allows my aggresion more, just please stop trying to force me to hold my teammates hand from the backline I beg.

Like yeah being able to heal my team effectively does help the aggresion more… but I’d like literally anything else.

9 Likes

If only they would stop listening to the babymode players who cry that their easymode hero needs buffs because it’s still not easy enough for them.

Powercreepwatch is Garbagewatch

3 Likes

So without the rest of the changes it’s hard to take full context.

Doomfist buff - Whilst I am not a fan of the character an ult doing 50 damage at the edges is much more justified than 15.

Lifeweaver - Needed some serious help so I’m glad.

Ana I’m on the fence about. I can see the nade potential being both good and bad for both sides but she’s also a comfort pick for many players and at times it has felt like she’s struggled. (I personally have found it easier to not even scope in to try keep people up.) With the dps passive it’s a great boost to anti nade but it also gives her a little more potential for healing too where she’s dropped off. Remember with the dps passive even if you nade its gonna be reduced by 15% so it’s not going to be THAT op.

Mauga I’m not sure how it’s gonna go. Again I can see both sides.

2 Likes

They didn’t mention any DPS heroes…

SURELY we’re buffing Sym right? Right? Guys???

6 Likes

Calm down they are fine in most ranks pls L2P.

Besides, we don’t even know what ranks mean…without improvements to ladder integrity and code/algs transparency.

We don’t know the true state of the ladder ecosystem, because the same human vegetables are in charge of it. No-reset ladder ft. cheaters, boosters, alts/smurfs, stacks vs. solos, garbage clown SBMM EOMM DDA and other rubbish you wouldn’t fill a hotel in LA with.

What is this place without people like me to criticize the mess.

2 Likes

They’re not. The best Sym players in the world aren’t even touching her rn because of how awful she is. It’s not a “l2p” issue.

26 Likes

Yknow, years before role queue was even a thing, when open queue was the competitive format, OW1 decided to disable hero stacking for a good reason and no limit was left as a silly side mode, mostly used to do silliness or experiment with new heroes without having to worry about them being picked first.

Nice to see we went back to learning absolutely nothing from one of the first game’s earliest changes made after it came out. Jesus christ.

Even with the role limit it just resulted in 2 winston, 2 tracers and 2 lucios at major competitive games and it got annoying very quickly.

4 Likes

We can hope it’s this

and not the devs continuing to fail at understanding Time-Weighed-Winrates.

And therefore buffing the crap out of “Offence Preferred” heroes.

GreyFalcon-OW comments on Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes - February 21, 2024

1 Like

Of course not. Why would they buff Illari when they could buff Ana instead?

The article reads;

Ana is an interesting hero, and one of the most played in the entire game.. So, we’re hoping that this adjustment brings her to a place where she feels viable

Like, what are you doing Blizzard?? If she’s one of the most played, then she’s “viable” enough. Why can’t all heroes be just as viable as Ana?

12 Likes

lol hero stacks…enjoy non MH-ers…now everyone can enjoy the worst decision in the history of the game

6 Likes

Said absolutely nobody.

10 Likes

how is that equal to:

assuming we can even sort people into ranks

just because you see 3 data points not touching her, doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of l2p to go around

I do not understand why Doomfist keeps getting buffed. He has needed sledgehammer nerfs for about a year. The dude is nearly unkillable during team fights even when being focused. He can still achieve low-risk kills during that time and then just go to space if it doesn’t go perfectly.

Fist has way too much survivability for how much unblockable/peelable damage he does. Please stop buffing him. I know he’s not a problem for most of the player base, but he’s a terror at high ranks.

3 Likes

Lets say you’re right and they’re good at the bottom but not the top.

If heroes are unviable at the top it’s not an L2P issue. It’s the opposite. Those players did get good and the heroes are unable to get enough value.

12 Likes

“nade buff”
Just why? Ppl haven’t complained enough about how broken nade is?

The rest of the changes seems reasonable enough.

As for the hacked weekend, maybe is not the best time to introduce duplicates with the current balance especially knowing ppl are going to be exploiting the heck out if that is the only change.

10 Likes

Satire aside, average dps main.

8 Likes

Let me send a shiver down the spine of tank players everywhere… Double Bastion… That is all.

3 Likes

Ya it worked.

I only lock damage now.

Hope this is what they wanted.

3 Likes

I’ll be ok against Bastions. It’s the double Tracer I’m worried about.

‘‘We are mixing up the meta’’ and it going to be just replacing dive for long range hitscan meta again.

9 Likes