Director’s Take – Mixing Up the Meta in Midseason

Director’s Take – Mixing Up the Meta in Midseason

Aaron Keller is back with an in-depth look at balance changes coming to the Midseason update.

View Full Article

17 Likes

Nice. DPS passive from 20% to 15%

38 Likes

Nothing about Illari???
Easily the worst character in the game???

26 Likes

Tl;Dr : they are buffing healing and burst damage. :joy:

I suppose they are in love with these giant projectiles and want to build the game around them.

Oh, and also the return of Twocio is upon us.

13 Likes

Worse than that: Winston, Tracer, Tracer, Lucio, and Lucio comp.

I’m getting 2016 flashbacks…

23 Likes

Very concerning that Junk and Sym weren’t mentioned despite being by far the worst dps in the game and borderline unplayable.

69 Likes

I’m glad they are doing some kind of improvements for Doom and Mauga - but wow, Meteor Strike’s minimum damage was 15 damage? 15 damage for an ult? Jeez.

12 Likes

I’d like to reiterate that we’ll be watching the game and listening to your feedback when these changes go live and react accordingly.

Yeah you’ve been watching the game closely since release and still haven’t bothered listening to the majority.

Numbers won’t paint you the full picture about the state of the game.

I can only hope Rein is getting some TLC because he’s in a far worse position than Mauga is right now.

10 Likes

Was going to mention this, but the thought of the Winston/Tracer/Lucio only comps threw me off.

And having to return to Ana jail. Was really enjoying not seeing her in every game.

16 Likes

A Tank we are not touching in this patch is Wrecking Ball, but we have a small rework coming to our loveable-yet-deranged, hamster in Season 10.

I really hope they don’t go through with this. I feel like Hammond is perfectly fine…

Most reworks they do ruins the identity of the hero

16 Likes

RIP Bastion, Orisa, Hog, Cassidy

7 Likes

So LW is getting a 14.29% increase to his maximum heal. It will take 15% longer to charge which seems like a nerf on paper; however, you have to factor in his .3 second recovery after every blossom.

So currently 70 every 1.3 seconds versus 80 every 1.45 seconds. About a 2.46% healing buff before factoring in the new dps passive buff. He also can start the fight with a 10 hp stronger burst heal.

17 Likes

Can you please give buffs to Rein this season? I used to enjoy him and he was my main tank in Season 8 but this season I’m really struggling with him and I get a lot more hate in my games because of it.

4 Likes

Let’s see what happens

1 Like

They are clueless. Doomfist needs no buff, absolute LOL on that one.

No mentioned of Moira or Tracer. ???

Joke devs.

22 Likes

it will do absolutely nothing lol

i keep trying to tell people, but buffing the healing the tank gets isnt going to make it feel good. they felt bad in season 8 before the patch

the difference in healing is 74.64 hps vs 79.305 hps for ana (who has one of the highest sustained hps in the game)

if we were to assume you had 200hps going out on a target thats:

160hps with a 20% reduction

and

170hps with a 15% reduction

this is not only a minor change, but even if they full removed it the tank role would still feel bad (but dps would also feel bad again lul)

2 Likes

why tf are they buffing ana :sob: , we cant get 2 weeks without her being meta cause she instantly gets buffed, also the new quickplay hacked already sounds awful, dps and supports can get 2 of the same heroes but tank gets shafted as always, GO :clap: BACK :clap: TO :clap: 6V6 :clap:

47 Likes

they are saying they are touching half the roster but only gave details on some of the more notable ones. we’ll have to wait i guess

in two days… saturday… thats what it said but i doubt it. probably tuesday

also the dps passive going from 20 to 15 isnt what i expected. thought it would be half but maybe 5 percent will be noticable

9 Likes

I predicted this would happen in another post… it’s only a slight nerf as opposed to a big over-reaction, so this is a bonus for everyone else.

The big surprise was a Ana’s nade going from 60 to 90 damage / heals. I guess that DPS passive made her too ineffective to stay as-is.

1 Like

Oh cool, more power creep just one patch after attempting to address power creep.

11 Likes