4 fully charged headshots

You’re talking about fps with WAY bigger maps battlefield and Fortnite.

COD, Val, CS2 have hitscan snipers that one shot you to the body. Widow needs charge time and a headshot, way more skilled

He still can one shot Widow though, as well as Tracer and Baby D.Va. As far as 250 hp squishies are concerned, he still can instantly kill them, 1 charged headshot does 240 dmg, so with a follow up arrow, that target is dead.

With a Mercy Dmg boost, he can one shot most of the squishies or if the target is discorded, along with his dps passive.

Idk why people think Hanzo is bad.

I only just started using Hanzo in the past month – I have 23 played hours total on him despite having played OW since the 2016 game launch. I now use him to hard-counter Bastions, Tracers, and big hit box targets in general. Storm Arrows FTW!

1 Like

Hanzo has no fall off damage widow does… Try again… Shoot at a greater distance than her fire range…

53m is Widow’s effective kill range. Also make sure to aim about 1m above her head to account for arrow drop.

My response got too long, so click this, if you dare.

Update: this, from today: Director’s Take – Mixing Up the Meta in Midseason

No, and who can keep track of all the different places they choose to communicate? It could’ve been a blog post, could’ve been a 3-hr stream discussion in which I wouldn’t be scrubbing it to find you the one sentence where they said ‘20% probably needs to be toned down but we’re keeping an eye on it’. I believe they’ve said it, but I’ll be honest it’s of next to zero value to me to memorize when and where the devs say things.

If you think about it, one Widow spray, Reaper long-range shot, or Tracer pee shouldn’t activate a 20% healing debuff. It should have a damage threshold and they’ve said for sure there’s an issue knowing when it’s applied on you and when it isn’t and they’re working on that.

Which is why the first part of that sentence was ‘let her shoot trucks for all I care’.

There are a total of 3 dive DPS. Of those, Tracer can’t get to everywhere Widow can get to without her throwing. How is Tracer meant to counter Widow on the near-spawn Acropolis structure on Ilios Ruins, for example? Is that a fair interaction? Is there enough cover for Echo or Pharah to get to you before you blast them out of the sky? What about Widow’s attacker’s spawn on King’s Row A? Yet again, when you claim ‘hypermobile’ DPS can counter you, they are throwing if they are spending time trying to run to the enemy spawn just to deal with you, if they even recognize they need to do that before you can one-tap someone on their team.

Don’t bother saying a tank should dive you, as a tank, diving Widow to open a fight is often wasted time until she proves to be a problem. On 1st fight, you’re rarely the priority.

Name me a single map that has zero sightlines over 50m-70m. Excatly zero maps are fully CQC. Where you always have space to work, I will always have space to complain.

You get any peel, and Sombra can do nothing to you. You know that. For her to reliably win and live it has to be a 1v1 and you can’t have Hook up. Which you will have if you’re off in Narnia and Sombra has had to use 3-4 Trans just to find you, to say nothing of good Mine placement. Burning both DPS to come get you or a DPS and tank or DPS and support at the start of a fight (which never happens/is inefficient) means Widow dictates two resources need to be blown on her while she is only one person. Unfair/too much advantage.

I believe you’re implying she takes hours to master, (like literally every other hero at a high skill level) Is that correct? Again, what value do you get for your effort put in compared to a Junkrat player (or God forbid, Sym) at your tier? Would you ever admit Widow players are boosted because of how much value Widow gets, by direct comparison to Junk and Sym mains? How does a Junk with a Mercy pocket compare to a Widow with one, and how wide would you personally say that gap is? Is that fair?

I’d argue, as I have before and will have to again, Widow deserves nerfs for this game to be healthy instead of more fun for decent-aim Widows and nobody else.

That’s fine, but OW is meant to be for everyone, not just hitscan+Hanzo players. Their last major changes patch was meant to mitigate burst, however it’s still too strong/things die too fast to actually play an objective-based game.

To bring it back to the topic, Hanzo isn’t bad and hasn’t been ‘bad’ for a very, very, very long time. Both snipers deserve their 1-shot gone and I’d be moderately ok with it changing to a cleanseable DOT instead of an instakill. That adds in interactivity instead of just burst deaths. It would also do things like bait immorts which people also seem to take issue with, so it feels like a simple win-win-win.

You gotta spamzo unless you get damage boosted.

The 15% heal nerf reduction from 20% is perfectly acceptable as opposed to a complete “walkback.”

I get that you don’t like 1-tap snipers… moving on…

DPS are not the only dive characters, and you can take away her lanes via barriers to mitigate her threat. At some point, large maps do require players who can aim, so if your side has none, then I don’t know what to say.

I recommend avoiding long lane locations vs. Widow unless you have a counter-sniper. You can still use the rest of the map to choose your fights.

You do what you must. In many rando games I play widow, the 2nd DPS has half my elim numbers, so the enemy team ends up ignoring them and just focuses me, at which point I have to switch.

I guess I’m glad Blizz does not agree with you.

All I can say is that you have to convince Blizz, not me, about returning Hanzo’s 1-shot to the game. I will still play him either way.

1 Like

Replying is useless if you’re just gonna pick and choose what to respond to and strawman the rest.

I was in a rush to leave work. Besides, playing OW2 is a lot more fun that posting in these toxic forums which none of the DEV’s bother reading.

1 Like

Widow also got her projectile hitbox reduced, Hanzo still enjoys his truck sized logs.

Thats irrelevant because widow has a scope hanzo doesnt

While I’m not exactly in favor of removing Widow’s headshot, I would rather do that than give Hanzo his back.

And she has to put her crosshair at the enemy’s head and she can’t hop around in scoped mode.

It’s always funny read messages like this. It’s like “go and take away thing that sniper actually should to do”. Why don’t u cry about genji blade or zen balls?

This is the way

2 Likes

So logs and scopes cancel each other out, she can zoom for better accuracy hanzo can’t

Neither are good for the game. It’d be completely different if the maps actually forced short sightlines but every single map has long sightlines in it that you have to traverse at some point or another because this game is objective-based.

I might feel another way completely if it was just frags, but I don’t play OW for its DM modes, I play it for the teamwork.

1-shot solo sniper kills are an antithesis of teamwork.

Singlehandedly the best tip for Hanzo players this patch. Hanzo ultimately replaced Junkrat with his 240 crit + storm arrow combo. Hanzo is this patch’s pre-patch junkrat.

Or you could just play Ashe, Cass, Genji, Torb, Soldier, Kiri, or Zen and do it more easily and faster.