Direct hit kills should count as headshots

Direct hit kills with explosive projectile heroes should be red like headshots in the kill feed.
I.e. Pharah Primary
Junkrat Primary
Soldier Secondary
Doom Ult
Zarya Secondary
Ana Nade
Sigma Primary

24 Likes

why though?

20characters

1 Like

I think he means it as a QoL idea so you can instantly see in the killfeed if you landed a succesful direct hit.
I like it!

24 Likes

im not against it, but like, its not even a qol change. its just a change that doesn’t have any impact whatsoever

2 Likes

You’re right, but it’s a small detail that I would appreciate. I even made a huge post focusing only on minor details that could make the game better, and I feel this one belongs there.

If you’re interested:

Of course this doesn’t “fix” the game, but it’s silly small things that could potentially build up for a better game, such as the new OW2 Lúcio speedbost effect on ally’s feet. It’s a small and silly thing. That’s why I liked it :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Make it a different color like yellow or something. Red is for headshot and it would confuse new players that assume the red only means headshot. Then they’d try and headshot with junk or pharah and prob get a big ego over nothing lol

10 Likes

That works too, just generally an indicator would be nice.

small changes dont mean no impact, look at how simple the Hitmarker sound and visual are, yet people are so addicted to it that Bliz had to develop an entire system to help regulate how many people play DPS.

1 Like

That would kinda mess with the colorblind settings tho…

2 Likes

Fun fact, the critical hit ‘ping’ sound was created by them flicking the tab on top of a soda can against the aluminum.

5 Likes

This change literally doesn’t change anything though. The target is dead. The result of landing the shot is already achieved. It’s an ego booster at best.

So is:
The hitmarker
The kill sound
The red kill feed on headshot
The fire system
Play of the Game
Kill voicelines
“Team Kill”
“Killstreak”
What is your point?
Video games are literally meant to make you feel good lmao what.

5 Likes

lmao great point. You win. Opposing forum poster, leave it alone.

I think we may want it a different color to avoid confusion (as these weapons obviously cannot do critical damage) but I’m all for the idea.

But what about something like Configuration: Tank, which is an explosive that cannot headshot, but has a unique icon because it is an Ultimate?

1 Like

no, these have very real information being delivered where necessary. hitmakers on a still living target indicate that they are actually being hit by your damage and the kill sound is also accompanied by a visual indicator, in the centre of the screen that confirms a death.

I agree.

its just a bad system.

I agree.

killstreak, yes. teamkill, no. teamkill states that there are literally no enemies left alive. it is a confirmation of information that could have been missed or would have required someone to press tab, check, and then decide if they are going to use the time to reposition.
not exactly needed but its not literally pointless like the suggested change.

im saying that its a pointless change. literally, the first thing I said on this thread was

i said the same thing when the headshot indicator was implemented. it changes literally nothing.
yeah, you can give examples of things that are already implemented that serve the same meaningless function but does that mean we should be asking for more?

Projectile players, man…

1 Like

Electro71…
Configuration tank is replaced by a doomfist ult on steroids in OW2…
I mean I liked most of the Bastion’s rework concept
BUT I love how his ultimate works currently, it’s powerful and fun, and you can go to crazy bastion spots with it. The new ultimate shown for OW2 is just another junkrat stand and kill me and the concept of it didn’t even look that much fun or better than configuration tank.
I really hope they consider keeping his current ultimate as it is and move the new one to the PvE.

1 Like

Then we’d color the Ultimate Icon as the one from Direct Kills.

For argument’s sake, let’s just say that the Direct Hit Kill color is Carmine.

So, what happens with some ultimates that can Headshot is the Ultimate Icon on the kill feed is colored red if it is a headshot (usually, you would see this with DragonStrike and Whole Hog). Ultimates such as Deadeye and Tactical Visor rarely ever display this, if at all (AFAIK Genji deflect is the only way for those icons to be displayed Red in the killfeed).

With a Direct Hit Kill Ultimate, the Icon could then be colored Carmine in the killfeed. (Bastion one, Pharah most of the time, Junkrat if he deals the full 600 HP with Rip Tire, things like so).

That way, you know the kill was with a Direct Hit, and you avoid problems such as “Yoooooo I was waaaay too far from the explosion! How did that kill me?” If the Carmine color were to be displayed, that same situation would be like “That is stil considered a Direct Hit? That range is waaay to big” or some other silly (but sometimes realistic) excuse like that. It could even be applied for Doomfist abilities, not really an explosion, but a good way to know if you got hit by the 300 damage ring, or maybe even a 125 Seismic Slam? I’m going off topic, but things like that can show how a player got eliminated, and gives information to the eliminated player (AKA was it a direct or splash? If it was direct, then you probably were still full health and died so don’t blame your healer).

In another note, I wish Genji’s Deflect would show on the Kill Feed. Difficult to know when he kills someone with Deflect if it was a normal shot.

1 Like

on hanzo direct hits are headhots xd

I know about the Bastion rework. I was just talking in the sense of OW1. However Bastion’s new ult seems to still use the same icon, though that may have just been a placeholder

No?

Why should spam projectiles be rewarded?