Direct hit kills should count as headshots

Be honest: people always ask for contradictory things in video games. At least, nowadays they do. Didn’t the battlefield people remove the match chat function to protect users against bullying and harrassment?

IN A GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT AND KILL PEOPLE WITH GUNS AND BOMBS!?

Didn’t the battlefield people remove the match chat function to protect users against bullying and harrassment?
IN A GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT AND KILL PEOPLE WITH GUNS AND BOMBS!?

This is a silly argument.

Whether the game is about shooting and killing fictional characters is irrelevant to actual bullying and harrassment. The two have literally nothing to do with each other.

Why would it make sense to allow bullying and harrassment for any game? Why would its content make any difference?

Roadhog ult can headshot, it just goes red. Just do the equivalent.

1 Like

Uh, yeah they do. I’d argue its the only important thing. You’re mature enough to see graphic violence, but not mature enough to hear mean words? How do you justify this?

Because SEEING violence will infinitely be worse than HEARING mean things. That’s even true for fictional violence. I don’t even have a metaphor or simile to explain this; its just obvious. We aren’t talking about Mario Party or something for kids; we’re talking about a game where the main point is to kill the enemy; literally watch them die so that your side can win.

You can handle that but not mean words?!

That’s awesome, I love this.

1 Like

Hanzo is already rewarded.

Something else I know you will like is that in many games (especially Total War games from Creative Assembly), the sounds of broken bones being crunched and snapped is recorded by them breaking celery stalks and bunches into a microphone lol.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s really an issue of being “mature” enough to see something. They’re simply not comparable.

One is somebody intentionally targeting you as a person. Nobody wants to deal with that, especially when they’re just trying to relax and have fun. And some people are more sensitive to it than others, especially if they’re already dealing with it in their real life. Nobody is driven to suicide after seeing somebody get shot on Call of Duty, but many are after having to deal with people constantly sending them “mean words”, as you put it.

And the other is characters playing out scenarios that most people have become used to seeing in media throughout their lives. It’s not real shooting or killing, and we all recognise that. Even the first time you see a video game character “die” isn’t going to be some life changing moment for anyone, but seeing an actual death or even shooting can be a traumatising experience. Video game violence and real violence are essentially completely separate, laregly unrelated things.

The world’s a bit too complicated to sum things up like “seeing mean words and violence”. It’s all about how things affect the person, and there’s endless amounts of proof that being harrassed and bullied is nothing but a negative impact on somebody’s life, and that’s true for people whether they can handle seeing video game characters shoot each other or not.

1 Like

They really are comparable, but lets see why you think they aren’t first.

Irrelevant when you consider, to play the game in the first place, you have to me mature. What do you think that means? Before you even answer, I’ll tell you the truth: you have to be mentally and emotional mature enough to handle an environment of intense and graphic violent combat. There’s an extremely good argument to be made that, if you can’t handle mere words online, you simply aren’t mature enough to handle the game.

Yes, some people are more sensitive than others. Those same people can make use of the mute function by muting the entire lobby before the game starts, but I would ALSO be the main person to say that “what ever reason you’re more sensitive to trash talk than others is irrelevant”.

People are more sentitive to gun violence due to encountering it in real life. Should they be playing the game? I’m not sure what sensitivity has to do with this.

This is a terrible argument. “Its not real violence, therefore I can watch someone get literally disemboweled and its fine, but don’t you dare call me out of my name you bully!” That’s just silly. Again, its silly to the point where I can’t even make up some kind of fun example.

Besides, you guys have a sort of double standard with this. For example, fictional assault against women seems to drive people up the wall, then suddenly the “its just a game” argument doesn’t apply.

Getting made fun of and bullied online isn’t going to change your life, either.

Yeah, the world is. Video games aren’t, however. They ARE just hearing mean words and seeing violence, and that’s all they are. And while this is true:

You also have to understand that, sometimes, people ARE just too thinskinned for the game. Sometimes, its THEIR problem that they got upset because some random person online said some mean words to them. Besides, we already have a solution for this: muting and blocking. Removing voice chat to protect your 30 year old man-children playerbase is just silly.

Would there also be the dinking sound? Either way I’d love to see this!!

Completely pointless as they have their own killfeed icon.

For the rest. It’s not really accurate as it’s not a critical hit.

projectile direct hits happen often than hitscan headshots.

It would be bad for heroes like orissa, sigma,zen, echo even zarya etc.

Also someone like ana would be confused hearing these sounds and markers for unscoped shots.
And heroes like hanzo mei torb would have two colors one for crits and one for body shots ?

There is a reason big projectile heroes like junkrat pharah dont have crit shots unlike torb hanzo mei, hear is why your shots are easy to hit on most heroes, so no you dont deserve direct hit markers, just to see you waste 10 mins to try to hit a flying pharah with junkrat to yell i hit a direct on pharah.

projectile peasants :crazy_face:

Where did I say all projectile heroes lmao? I only ever talked about the ones that have splash damage that you would normally hit but you can hit a direct hit for more damage. It basically already is a critical hit, it just doesn’t have the indicator.

Yeah its because they can already headshot. What the hero abilities I listed above have in common is that they cannot.

What an oddly narrow and specific scenerio lol, congrats, you really did a number on that strawman. With the way you’re clearly blindly jumping in without actually using your eyeballs, I suspect that you’re projecting and thats something YOU would do!
Thanks for giving me a chance to bump the topic back up lmao.

First of all, you’re NUTS. This makes all of the above damage types you mentioned ONE SHOTS. I think you are trolling. :roll_eyes:

Second of all, I misread the title and thought it said “Direct hits should count as headpats” lmao

I never mentioned any change to the damage lmao what?

Yeeesssss lmao! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :joy:

1 Like

Is that literally the only reason? And then I get told things I want changed are pointless.

I mean I dont have anything against that but I also have nothing in favour.
Its not a critical hit and when you kill with splash/trash damage you dont get a special marker either.

Dont see any reason to do this but ok.

YES YOU ARE headshots, if you somehow haven’t noticed, do MORE dammage than body shots. You are proposing changes that give nomral easy-to-use and easy-to-hit-headshots-with abilities to 8 different heros!! This is CRAZY

Not just in the killfeed, but maybe they should do the headshot sound and marker as well - headshots deal more damage and so do direct hits, the only difference is the exact “multiplier” used. I think this would make Pharah feel as satisfying as Zen.

1 Like