Ding Dong, the Witch Is Dead!

That’s right, guys! Mercy is on her 10th post-rework nerf! Let’s celebrate by listing all the nerfs she received after her rework! :'D

Nerfs 1 to 2, October 17th, 2017

Guardian Angel

• Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated
    Valkyrie
  • No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown

Nerfs 3 to 5, November 16th, 2017

Resurrect

• Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
  • Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
  • Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

Nerfs 6 to 9, January 30th, 2018

Valkyrie

• No longer makes Resurrect instant
  • No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
  • The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50%
  • Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

That is 9 nerfs in total. And now the beautiful 10th nerf:

That’s 10 nerfs, lads! I bet that witch will feel it now, eh? Eh?? ;'D M-Maybe this time, we’ll get it right!! I-I mean, Mercy’s powerful status had NOTHING to do with Resurrect being a cooldown ability now.

S-So celebrate with me, people!! Surely this time, the witch is dead!!! :champagne:

Narrator: In reality, nothing changed. Since Resurrect is still a cooldown ability, Mercy will still be a must-pick.

52 Likes

Mercy players nearly a year ago:

“Why tf did they put rez on cooldown. They’d have to nerf the rest of Mercy’s kit into the ground for this to be balanced.”

Mercy players now:

“GODDANGIT BLIZZARD.”

36 Likes

Only one of Mercy’s pre-rework buffs remains. 1s regen.

4 Likes

Give it time, she’s hanging with the right crowd.

Perfect. Absolutely beautiful. Keep up the nerfs until they realize this rework was a failure.

I’m sure they’re aware by now, but they just don’t want to admit it.

Revert Mercy and the universe will be at peace.

9 Likes

actually this time i think you’ll feel the nerf in her pickrate/winrate. At least in higher elo… Where it matters.

At Blizzard HQ: Dang it, who missed to nerf that?! Fine, we’ll save it for the next batch again…

and her gun and dmg boost.

i see them being nerfed next.

also prolly lose flying on valk cause ppl will still QQ she is too ahrd to kill.

Oh great so next she will be a troll pick again.

1 Like

Interstingly enough, all of the pre-rework buffs were meant to make her competitive Vs Ana& Lucio.

I can see Moria replacing Ana dumpstering 50hps Mercy, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Let’s get 11 nerfs in cause Blizzard has no idea how to balance her WOOOO

2 Likes

Nah, Mercy will continue to rule. The others will probably increase a bit, especially Lucio as he’s considered a lot of fun, but for the most I think the numbers will remain the same unless Hammond wrecks the meta completely.

3 Likes

Honestly, though. :/ Resurrect on a static, non-changing cooldown is just too powerful. Mercy will ALWAYS be a must-pick since a single target Rez available every 30 seconds is powerful and too valuable to pass up.

When Resurrect was an ult, it was balanced. Mercy had to charge it up, she had to earn it doing her job. Then the rub came in with strategy and planning. It was easy to counter Resurrect if even ONE enemy teammate is ready and has a back-up plan ready. That made Mercy’s ult situational, and if she kept getting focused, or the team got staggered, it was a sign that maybe Mercy wasn’t the best healer for this situation.

They can’t honestly go on like this. Mercy will never be balanced with Rez on a cooldown. It MUST be her ultimate again.

7 Likes

On average Mercy heals about 13k per game in GM, while Moira does about 12,500. If this savage nerf goes through her numbers will be just under 11,000. Significantly under Moira, though about a 1,000 higher than Ana. This is considering she only adds 350 damage a game compared to Moira’s 7,080.00.

Mercy should be the strongest healer in the game, full stop. She sacrifices her damage contribution to do that. Her balance right now is completely thrown off by CD Rez. I wonder how many more nerfs she’ll need until her kit is bad enough to fit CD Rez in it.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a pistol rate of fire nerf st one point as well?

August 25

Hero Changes

**Mercy**
  • can no longer leave spawn

we felt that mercy would be too strong if she could do her job, so we are toning down that aspect

Jokes aside, that is the way she is going

7 Likes

Yeah, but that was when the rework was still in the PTR, iirc. That was, like, the only change that was “iterated on”. :/

1 Like

The Sunk Cost fallacy is real here.

2 Likes

more incompetent design, i guess it’s to be expected these days.

Revert mercy already ffs

7 Likes