Didn't they say Syms Pickrate will increase?

I remember when they started talking about Sym 3.0 and how her pickrate will increase so she becomes less nieche.

Yet not only did her pickrate drop but also her win rate.

I think its time for G and J to admit that making a Hero in a fashion that has no survivability is a terrible idea.

She is now fundamentally polar opposite of Genji.
Genji is a Hero that has an overloaded kit and performs well.

Symmetera is a Hero that has an overloaded kit that does terribly.

The difference? Genji’s Kit works by supporting each of his abilities.
Symmetera Kit is just a random hodgepodge of terrible ideas that do not mesh with each other.

Then there is Genjis Deflect - which can’t block 5 heroes
2 of which are the least picked heroes in the game
Of the remaining 3, 1 has no mobility.

Symmetera M1 on the otherhand
Only useful against 4 heroes.

Seriously how does that work? One ability useful against 24 heroes
The other persons ability useful against 4?

Her Primary Fire is limited to 12m, does criminally low damage for a hero with 200 hp and no mobility. If you are going to have a beam that does that low damage she needs to be designed as a Tank like Zaraya.

Whats the point of having infinite ammo against shields when there are only 4 Shield Heros in the game? ( 5 if you count syms ultimate ) In a Roster of 29 heroes. Seriously who thought this was a great idea?

If anything shields should instantly charge her M1 to max damage. That is how you make a tank buster.

37 Likes

so much of what they did to her was a nerf.
Beam got nerfed
took away her survivability
took half her turrets and gave them 30 health to compensate (as if 99% the cast doesnt still oneshot them anyways), the throwing is nice tho
tp is just a mess that is very niche and not that useful
ult is alright but doesnt help her at all
orbs… my poor orbs… totally ruined for me

i really wish they would just mesh sym 2.0 and 3.0

24 Likes

The pessimist in me says they meant her OWL pick rate would increase. Because it was literally pointed out in a broadcast she has a goose egg pick rate.

And the pessimist in me says they intentionally designed her just so OWL teams could use tp to set up and then the Symmetra would tp back and switch to a more meta hero.

9 Likes

They who?

The Sym changes were good in my opinion, but it doesn’t mean suddenly people are going to just start picking her. The changes did little to nothing for the stigma of playing Symmetra.

The rework showed that good players could adapt and thrive with her new kit and the ones who relied too much on NPC turret damage and auto-lock beams had their win-rates adjusted accordingly.

Something to keep in mind is really Blizzard doesn’t determine pickrates, we the players do, and just because they make changes doesn’t mean we will adjust or adapt, as is so evident by the majority of forum users.

1 Like

If a hero is good it gets picked. Doesn’t really matter of stigma.
The truth is Sym is only used for 2 - 3 minutes at most just to place a teleporter then switched out for a real hero.

Syms rework is an utter disaster.
If she was good people would stay with her for the whole game, not for a single ability then switch off her. That is an inalienable truth.

17 Likes

I lowkey wanted them to rework symm into an off tank based on shields >_<

5 Likes

And everyone keeps parroting this and no one knows what they’re saying.

There’s no shortage of good players. There is, however, a shortage of people that can play Symm well. Because her kit is bad.

‘People just need to adapt!’

It’s been months, dude. That argument is dead in the water at this point, and is effectively only being used to make a jab at Symm 2.0 players that people weren’t able to handle, despite her being a squishy, immobile character with melee range.

Symm 3.0 is functioning worse than 2.0. It is apparently less viable, and it is a lot less fun to play.

16 Likes

SAME buff her barrier let her stop and start it that would of made her so much more viable its honestly astounding they didn’t try that.

That will do very little for her. As enemies can easily side step her barrier.

I think most people fail to understand this point, so good on you sir.

I made a suggestion a while back that would have done this.
Where Sym 2.0 Right-click would generate 25 shields per target hit upto 250 shields. With a decay rate of 2.5 per second.

That way she would have the HP + Defenses necessary to fight at short range.

3 Likes

what ya on about dude? im talking about her 2.0 barrier if she was able to stop and start its flight she would of gained so much more value being able to shield dance her targets down and shield her team mates.

3 Likes

My damage was cut in half because all her damage sources are so unreliable now. In just about all her stats I was in the top 5%-1% now I am just average because her abilities are so bad I am forced to rely on her turrets when I never used to have to.

Her turrets do collectively less damage, her primary does way less damage when accounting for accuracy and lastly her secondary does massively less damage cause it doesn’t pierce anymore.

3 Likes

The shield is Horizontal her beam was 9m right? I can’t remember honestly.
All the enemy would have to do is run to the perpendicular location of the shield and nothing she could do .

I think another issue is not only do her turrets will do almost same damage as before ( because they die in 1s ) but they still suffer the longer cool down - you actually are able to use them even less effectively than before.

her beam latched at 7 and stayed attached to 10. and dude if winston can shield dance then slimmy simmy can do it better, if she had the ability to stop and start her barrier she would of been much stronger.

2 Likes

Winston can shield dance because it was a half sphere.
It was technically 4 levels.

Syms is just a flat moving door.
She can’t go around to the sides to protect her self only back and front.
Which means if anyone goes the side of shield there is nothing she can do to hide .
If you want a simple experiment hold up a piece of paper infront of you then have some one stand to the side of it.

Private profiles + no stats shown
Most Sym Mains play with Private profile

Of course it’ll be lower

Who would care about getting good with such a trash hero? Better to just abandon her 3.0 form

2 Likes

Orbs were some of the biggest nerfs tbh. The biggest request from Sym mains was to keep the gun and they listened to people that don’t even play her.

So annoying now to play again barrier-heavy compositions now. They really need to recycle that ability into one of the new character to be honest. Was the most underrated in the game at the time

7 Likes

: / I really miss being able to shoot through barriers. Now only Rein and Moira can do it : /

3 Likes

Both on like a 10 second cooldown too :frowning:

1 Like

You’re basically saying “Screw players that liked old Sym”

I can’t take the whole “Get good” argument seriously with Symmetra anymore.

I was good with the old Sym and I can be good with the new Sym as well but I will literally net infinitely better results by applying my aim, game sense and prediction to other DPS heroes or even playing support.

The problem is, why should you play the new Symmetra? Coordinating team plays with Teleporter is for your team, not really for you. As a singular unit, Symmetra is mostly useless these days. Outside of Teleporter she has no mobility or survivability and her damage is pathetic until fully charged.

She’s a flawed DPS hero that acts as a catalyst for her team. Before she was a catalyst for her team but could defend herself albeit she was far more defensive / passive.

But yeah, don’t bash her old form or the people who miss playing 2.0 because a lot of them can’t aim. This game isn’t all about super high skill aim intensive heroes you know, it’s about diversity and a lot of people lost an ease of use / accessibility when they removed her lock on beam.

She legit can’t even defend herself anymore and guess what? When I beam down enemies I still get called a no aim piece of crap in chat so there’s literally no winning. You can adapt as her and your enemy will still harass you. Teammates will still ask why you’re playing Sym.
Doing well? Your team won’t say anything to you. They won’t acknowledge you at all.

Everyone needs to just stop playing her as a form of rebellion. Blizzard messed up big time and they just can’t seem to make her GOOD. She’s always bad and if you play her you get some of the worst toxicity ever along with Torb and Bastion.

4 Likes