Did you hype grew?

After that sombra & bastion rework and also watching that small portion of ow2 gameplay i can only say yes, my hype grew even more for the game and i can’t wait to see more reworks and how all the other heroes are being balanced for 5v5.

it didnt changes from low state at all. After what i saw their doing to rein before? 0% achieved.

2 Likes

My hype will be up again when the release date in announced. It looks great and I want to play it. The current community is heartbroken but at least we get rid of this CC that is everywhere. They want that tanks have CC for the most part besides exceptions and with only 1 tank per side the CC will reduce dramatically. They also remove the frustrating 2CP mode and make your choice more important in the game with one less player.

All in all very good. They killed my hype slowly over the years they left OW1 is the dust. I will come back to OW2 but until then its still a long wait. Changed to other games so I dont mind.

surely it has grown. the problem is you don’t know when you will get your hands on these changes.

considering that it is useless to even think that they can put the new Sombra and Bastion in OW1 (as they are balanced for the Ow2 roster) … the hype drops drastically. back to being a news of waiting and not of practical emotion. and in my opinion the worst was to show the bastion design as a novelty, but basically it was already old as news (you can see it at Blozzconline). Why not other designs like Moira? or Orisa? or Doomfist?

a better announcement than this would have been “more news on other rework and designs in October” but without it we are back at the same point as before where we don’t know the next step in these reveals. the more reveals we have, the more we know that it will soon arrive at a release date, but without knowing when they arrive it all ends in an “ah, and did you know that there is also this?” - “can I try it? -” not yet " - “and when?” - “…(for 3 months)”.

1 Like

I didn’t have a chance to watch the actual match, but I’m excited to play. New Sombra looks great. I’ve never been the communicative type, so I’m glad to see that I’ll have the chance to have a bit more of a solo impact. Will be excited to see what’s done about Support, too, with healing being toned down to compensate for 1 Tank. Just hope that Lucio and Moira are still dope to play and I’m good. :ok_hand:

The new visual effects look ugly and unpolished. Hopefully they update them.

2 Likes

Less…much less. I am hoping something internal causes this OW2 debacle to be cancelled.

Let the pros play this new game, let us play the old game. No more balancing for OWL.

6 Likes

Deleted game.

I thought there are no changes that could make current game worse , but ofc :grinning:

3 Likes

Their PR department needs to be replaced. The more they talk about and share information about the new game, the less I am interested in buying it.

The promotion of OW2 to date has moved me from anticipating it’s release and wanting to pre order it as soon as available, to convinced I am not spending money to by this new game.

3 Likes

My hype was gone with the removal of tank and I have already decided a while ago I’ll not play tank in ow2 (I even ditched tanks for months in current ow but been playing again), but if I was thinking whether I’ll be fdps or flex support in ow2, now my hope for support players is gone as well.

4 Likes

I did not have any kind of hype since the 5v5 annoncement, and every time they show us some gameplay it’s getting worse.

But at least now, we know exactly what the dev’s got in mind : annihilate tanks (BrAwLErS) and turn supports into punching bags. What we saw yesterday what nothing but a clownfest to appeal dps player’s ego.

6 Likes

Yea my hype grew for sure. Never thought I’d see a day where I’d be a Sombra/Bastion main (not really I play everyone but I’ll definitely play them more than I do now)

Even older than that, Bastion’s design was shown off in 2019 during the OW2 presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcL0ZthzWU&t=2065s

Oh, you can see Torb’s also. They’ll probably peddle that one off as brand new.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think they have the best guys working there at the moment. I’ll probably wait on buying OW2 for a couple of weeks, until the PvE mode have gotten some reviews. Since OW2 PvP will be free anyway, the entire need to buy OW2 hinges on the PvE.

And we haven’t heard anything about that so there is nothing on how that will actually work, if it will work at all.

2 Likes

OW2 isn’t out yet so I have no idea how it will play. :man_shrugging:

Didn’t change. While I admit that I didn’t pay huge attention to the match last night (I was horribly tired), it also doesn’t represent the gameplay I’ll experience and had the erratic OWL-style spectator direction which makes it annoying to make out what’s really happening in a larger scale at any given time, or with any particular hero over the match.

That said, the rework info we got does hold my interest enough to keep waiting (though carefully so). Luckily, I’m more interested in the PvE side of things.

I’ll have to pay more attention when the match comes up soon in the encore, but I doubt it’ll change my thoughts.

To be fair, that’s all they showed us so far.

We still don’t have any news on new tank or support heroes, and I’m certain we’ll get at least get 2 new supports.

As a tank main, that match of OW2 was anti-hype. Seeing the Rein hiding in cover for long chunks of the match and getting damn near insta-deleted by a solo Sombra…yeah, no, not really interested.

5 Likes

Already did it after the pvp streaming in june. :disappointed_relieved:

it shrank to the lowest it could be lol

4 Likes