Did we forget about Diablo 4 at Blizzcon?

I am expecting A LOT, partly because Blizzard hired the creative director of Witcher 3 to work on this game. I think the lore has been terribly weak in Blizzard games as of late. I hope this guy turns that around with D4.

Never really had an interest in Diablo like games.

They post updates every 3 months and give insights of what they doing. Feedback can cause the systems to change. Dont expect D4 in the next 2 years. Its a long way to go and they also said it. I would say 2025 would be my best guess.

I just hope D4 isn’t as linear as D3 was. D3 was short, something like 3-4 hours to beat the campaign and only “Replay value” was beating at higher difficulties, which was just more enemies with more HP.

In terms of procedural generated dungeons or “randomized” quest it was way behind D1 or 2.

Oh and don’t forget Diablo Immortal… did that ever get released? I mean I know it’s was going to be mobile garbage but I honestly haven’t heard about it in close to 2 years since the Chinese company said they were done on their end.

I just really hope that Diablo 4 will also have a system like Diablo 2 (that all items can potentially be usefull and best in slot if thats your build)

I distinctly remember farming the bosses with my Sorceress with 2 daggers that had insane Magic Find.

Good times… good times…

Yea Diablo 3 was just… ehhh… And I played during the auction house days, so it was even worse.

Gull was a dagger. Ali Baba was the sword. I don’t know of a second dagger with mf. There was Wizzard Spike with lots of fcr and resistance.

Diablo 3 was way better when there was an auction house because yellow items were actually good back then and you were happy to find anything useful.
Now, you get your set in season for free, sets are best in slot and everything is designed and balanced towards the sets. It is so bland.
Diablo 3 is still a good game, but unfortunately there are better alternatives imo.

i still got apex legends and hollow knight silksong(well i dont have that yet but i will soon ish i hope)

Oh my god that’s the dagger. The nostalgia I just felt remembering that was… sublime… Diablo 2 was sooooo goooood

At the time I was miffed that those who paid money just had better stuff.

I am still doing Baalruns atm :smiley:

this is called THE OVERWATCH FORUMS, not THE DIABLO FORUMS. See the difference? we dont talk about diablo here.

Wait people still play?

I may have to check this out.

Oh loosen up

1 Like

loosen up for telling the truth?

You can mute the thread if it bothers you, you know that right?

Its pretty dead. Most play Path of Diablo or so (some crazy mod with higher drop chances on runes, and nerfs to teleport and additional abilities and such). Sounds meh to me. I want to play the original and official game.
Trading is super dead ingame. But I still enjoy farming items.

But Diablo 2 isn’t perfect. It has its own issues. Magic Find is more like a caster thing. Melee classes are also way too dependend on attack rating to hit anything… It feels unfair and hammerdins and sorcs have way too many advantages over something like a bow amazon…

I see. Probably not worth getting into right now then.

Imagine if they gave Diablo 2 the StarCraft treatment…

Diablo 2 in HD

I hope D4 brings back real magic finding & trading 'cause that was where the real fun was. Not that RMAH garbage either.

I had a MF Sorc, but I swapped over to my barb and it was more fun lol. Hork, hork!

Honestly that’s about my hope for it. I’ll probably get it because it’ll give me something to play with my friends, but I doubt I’ll sink much time into it outside of that. D3 just felt too arcade-y for me.

Hardcore mode sidestepped most of that garbage.

Hm… I haven’t played since before the auction house closed…

Mayhaps I should try again…?

Well, if you played 3 when it game out or for quite some time after it came out you would be tremendously disappointed (crap, insanely infrequent item drops not necessarily for the character you were even playing). It’s actually quite good currently now that some game has been put into it. Hopefully they learn from this and 4 doesn’t take a year+ till it’s any good =_=“